IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Long range forecast for remainder 2010/early 2011

Walter John

Ours is for warmer temps and higher rainfall than average, including more storms and intensity of same. That's a bumper palm time by all indications here in the south east of Queensland.

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

Same for the west coast Wal. This could be a bumper growing season for us as well. I hope so.

Best regards

Tyrone

Millbrook, "Kinjarling" Noongar word meaning "Place of Rain", Rainbow Coast, Western Australia 35S. Warm temperate. Csb Koeppen Climate classification. Cool nights all year round.

Floriduh is expecting warm winter conditions, with few cold snaps, but dry. It is our dry season already but, what the heck, better than last winter - cold and wet! Very few cold fronts means less rainfall associated with them. One can hope this comes true, because a repeat of 2010 winter would kill me :-((............

Begonias are my thing. I've been growing and selling them for three decades, nearly two in Tampa Bay. NPR is an bhour N of St Pete, coast

I just wanna get through this years hurricane season unscathed! ;)

Randy :D

"If you need me, I'll be outside" -Randy Wiesner Palm Beach County, Florida Zone 10Bish

Ours is for warmer temps and higher rainfall than average, including more storms and intensity of same. That's a bumper palm time by all indications here in the south east of Queensland.

Same here Wal. Don't know about the storm part though, we don't get many here.

Oceanic Climate

Annual Rainfall:1000mm

Temp Range:2c-30c

Aotearoa

Apparently we are going to get a cyclone before christmas... but then they say that every year.... :mrlooney:

Regards, Ari :)

Ari & Scott

Darwin, NT, Australia

-12°32'53" 131°10'20"

Erik posted the NOAA long-range winter forecast for the United States but it really is a toss of the coin so to speak since accuracy is questionable that far out. But there is a developing La Nina and the forecast seems to be in line with the usual characteristics of a dry and warmer than normal pattern over the southern portions of America. Others have predicted a very cold and wet pattern over the West Coast this winter but mostly in the Pacific NW so we may be on the fringe in California. We need another wet winter to refurbish the reservoirs since last winter really helped but not as much as we needed.

Los Angeles/Pasadena

34° 10' N   118° 18' W

Elevation: 910'/278m

January Average Hi/Lo: 69F/50F

July Average Hi/Lo: 88F/66F

Average Rainfall: 19"/48cm

USDA 11/Sunset 23

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?MTW

With La Niña conditions percipitation should be greater in my area of South America. It rained today which hopefully is a sign.

dk

Don Kittelson

LIFE ON THE RIO NEGRO

03° 06' 07'' South 60° 01' 30'' West

Altitude 92 Meters / 308 feet above sea level

1,500 kms / 932 miles to the mouth of the Amazon River

Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil - A Cidade da Floresta

Where the world´s largest Tropical Rainforest embraces the Greatest Rivers in the World. .

82331.gif

Click here to visit Amazonas

amazonas2.jpg

Predictions here are accurate so far.

early days.

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

• 2 weeks later...

I predict freeze season starts right after hurricane season ends. Paradise!

Tampa, Interbay Peninsula, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10A

Bokeelia, Pine Island, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10B

I predict freeze season starts right after hurricane season ends. Paradise!

Predictions here from the Farmer's Almanac are for a cooler than normal, wet winter.

And immeidately of course, are 2 back to back tropical storms marching like soldiers across the Atlantic, and one in the Gulf. If you are intrested in such things, this is one of the best sites around: http://www.bearpawsweather.com/tropical/index.html

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

Hmmmm, La Nina would suggest a drier winter. We'll be here to see what pans out.

Tampa, Interbay Peninsula, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10A

Bokeelia, Pine Island, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10B