IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

February Freeze?

gsytch

Just checked and we got down to 31 F this morning according to both of my thermometers. Still, some of my palms are trying to push new spears.

-Michael

We hit 27* this morning. My Sabal Minors, Sabal Louisiana's, Sabal Palmettos, Serenoa Repens, Rhapidophyllum Hystrix and Trachycarpus Fortunei seem to be frozen it time, but my Chamaerops Humilis has been growing all winter for some reason. My Bizmarkia was toast after our January low of 16.7* so I dug it up a couple weeks back. The whole center pulled and it was rotten and full of sour water and fungus!

Zone 9 Central Florida

Just checked and we got down to 31 F this morning according to both of my thermometers. Still, some of my palms are trying to push new spears.

-Michael

You're right! I noticed some freeze damage this morning, well mostly in the new grass and scattered weeds. Frost was solid since 11 PM last night. My spindle palm already has about 6" of new growth that did not wait to open for some reason.

Frank

Zone 9b pine flatlands

humid/hot summers; dry/cool winters

with yearly freezes

-Michael

We hit 27* this morning. My Sabal Minors, Sabal Louisiana's, Sabal Palmettos, Serenoa Repens, Rhapidophyllum Hystrix and Trachycarpus Fortunei seem to be frozen it time, but my Chamaerops Humilis has been growing all winter for some reason. My Bizmarkia was toast after our January low of 16.7* so I dug it up a couple weeks back. The whole center pulled and it was rotten and full of sour water and fungus!

Whoa! Zone 9? Where are you located at? How large/old was the Biz?

Frank

Zone 9b pine flatlands

humid/hot summers; dry/cool winters

with yearly freezes

-Michael

Whoa! Zone 9? Where are you located at? How large/old was the Biz?

Central Florida, but I'm a few miles from the city, out in the open, on acreage. My Silver Bizmarkia was almost 6' tall and had been in the ground about 9-10 months. I've even had a lot of spears pull on my Serenoa Repens and have been treating them with peroxide. It seems that I am in a very cold spot in Polk County.

Zone 9 Central Florida

Jay- Seems like you are in a cold sink like Brooksville/Hernando. Up at my school in Hudson, very close to the county line with Hernando, whole tall Washingtonias are browned...I mean 20' specimens. Queens just as much, and the other day I went to a students' house in north rural Shady Hills and saw damage on CIDP which freaked me out. This winter has taught me one thing - I am definitely going to be careful in what gets planted. No more zone 10 palms. It is too much work to try and recover! Greg in the 30's yet again!

Begonias are my thing. I've been growing and selling them for three decades, nearly two in Tampa Bay. NPR is an bhour N of St Pete, coast

And you wanted to make S.W. Pasco county zone 10 lol

Averages don't count for anything, it is winters like these that do!

Brevard County, Fl

Saturday night low 33.3F just barely above freezing with frost

Last night low 34.6F light frost

Nothing forecast above 40F for the low the next 4 days... It will be the weekend before we see a high at or above 70F again!

After this next reniforcing cold front pushes through tonight, tomorrow night might or might not freeze.. My guess is it will be close?

Last night was supposed to be in the upper 30's? :hmm:

Thinking about moving to Colorado,planting some blue spruce,aspens,and juniper... at least I will be able to SKI all winter,instead of watching foliage melt!

Edited by gsn

Scott

Titusville, FL

1/2 mile from the Indian River

USDA Zone COLD

Saturday night low 33.3F just barely above freezing with frost

Last night low 34.6F light frost

Nothing forecast above 40F for the low the next 4 days... It will be the weekend before we see a high at or above 70F again!

After this next reniforcing cold front pushes through tonight, tomorrow night might or might not freeze.. My guess is it will be close?

Last night was supposed to be in the upper 30's? :hmm:

Thinking about moving to Colorado,planting some blue spruce,aspens,and juniper... at least I will be able to SKI all winter,instead of watching foliage melt!

Speaking of colder climates my home town, Great Falls, Montana is not much different than where you are this morning. That is except for the fog. Which is not common there.

dk

Currently At 5:23AM Great Falls, Montana

Fog

27°F

RealFeel®

31°F

Winds: CLM

at 0mph

Dense Fog

Humidity: 84%

Dew Point: 23° F

Pressure: 30.24 in

Visibility: 0 Miles

Now where I am is a different story. Yesterday was the first hot dry day we have had in a while. Which was a nice relief. I pay attention to the Florida weather because I lived there a long time, a have a couple of sons there, one of them enjoying the cold at FSU, and quite a few friends. I feel for all of you with the losses of plants. I was quite concerned here during the last dry season as I do not any irrigation on my land in the country. And, it was real dry and hot. Fortunately my mother in law kept things alive. I am sure you will all be glad to see this winter end.

Here is my weather right now, which is what I am sure you are waiting to return. It is that here it never ends.

Currently At 8:33AM , Manaus, AM, Brazil

Mostly Cloudy

81°F

RealFeel®

89°F

Winds: E

at 6mph

Mostly Cloudy

Humidity: 83%

Dew Point: 75° F

Pressure: 29.83 in

Visibility: 10 Miles

Don Kittelson

LIFE ON THE RIO NEGRO

03° 06' 07'' South 60° 01' 30'' West

Altitude 92 Meters / 308 feet above sea level

1,500 kms / 932 miles to the mouth of the Amazon River

Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil - A Cidade da Floresta

Where the world´s largest Tropical Rainforest embraces the Greatest Rivers in the World. .

82331.gif

Click here to visit Amazonas

amazonas2.jpg

Nothing below 45F this week, but nothing above 55F since Mon....strong breezes, freezing! My classroom is so cold I teach in jacket, gloves and double socks. My yard - trash! I spent a few hours out there Sun and Mon. On the up side, it looks like a string of 70F + days starting Sat.....could it be? Normal? Greg :rage:

Begonias are my thing. I've been growing and selling them for three decades, nearly two in Tampa Bay. NPR is an bhour N of St Pete, coast

Looks like the thirth frost period is over. No frost last night and temperatures going to rise during the days and night if we have to believe the forecast. Hopefully this was the last thing we have seen from winter here!

Southwest

The picture from Accuweather for next week does not look like a good end to February, Actric Blast Next Week, I hope it does not get too far south.

dk

Don Kittelson

LIFE ON THE RIO NEGRO

03° 06' 07'' South 60° 01' 30'' West

Altitude 92 Meters / 308 feet above sea level

1,500 kms / 932 miles to the mouth of the Amazon River

Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil - A Cidade da Floresta

Where the world´s largest Tropical Rainforest embraces the Greatest Rivers in the World. .

82331.gif

Click here to visit Amazonas

amazonas2.jpg

The picture from Accuweather for next week does not look like a good end to February, Actric Blast Next Week, I hope it does not get too far south.

dk

At least it appears this one may miss the south. I hope! I was gonna plant tomatoes this weekend.

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

It hit.....get this.........61F today! Yippee! First day to hit 60F since Monday. Perhaps 70F Sat and Sun? You kidda me? The satellite is showing a deck of clouds covering the GOM speeding east, but I PRAY they go away this weekend so we can bask in 70F! It would be nice to be near normal before the next chill. Greg :rage:

It hit.....get this.........61F today! Yippee! First day to hit 60F since Monday. Perhaps 70F Sat and Sun? You kidda me? The satellite is showing a deck of clouds covering the GOM speeding east, but I PRAY they go away this weekend so we can bask in 70F! It would be nice to be near normal before the next chill. Greg :rage:

ummm... what next chill? i was afraid to look :unsure:

St. Pete

Zone - a wacked-out place between 9b & 10

Elevation = 44' - not that it does any good

I just checked the 10-day forecast. Sure enough we have a freeze forecast for mid week. This stinks, it stinks, I am jumping up and down stomping my feet, hollering explicatives, if my chainsaw was working I'd go out in the middle of the night and cut it all down, if I had a cement truck I'd cement my whole lawn, stinks.

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

I just checked the 10-day forecast. Sure enough we have a freeze forecast for mid week. This stinks, it stinks, I am jumping up and down stomping my feet, hollering explicatives, if my chainsaw was working I'd go out in the middle of the night and cut it all down, if I had a cement truck I'd cement my whole lawn, stinks.

Ah geez :angry: Because this year, when you get cold fronts, we get them a few days later, so I guess we have another one coming.

Do you have, at least, a few palms that got through the freeze?

Drives me nuts when I see the pics from places like Croatia (Bizzie 43N in Discussing Palms) for instance, and they look gorgeous, and here on the Gulf Coast, we're dealing with brown fronds, dying palms and the prospect of starting over.

I'm already planning on what to replace things with. The 2 big lutescens, of course, are keepers - they have a wee bit of green peeking out. If the spindle (cringe) doesn't survive, it will be replaced by a teddy x tri if I can find a good big one. If the double-trunked lute dies (double cringe), it will be replaced by A. cunninghamiana - and so on.

St. Pete

Attached is a segment of the NSW_SAN FRANCISCO discussion this morning pointing out a disturbing development. :(

"EXTENDED...PATTERN WE ARE CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING IS VERY SIMILAR TO THE PATTERN OF LATE DEC AND EARLY JANUARY. THE PATTERN KNOWN AS THE ARCTIC OSCILLATION IS AGAIN IN A STRONG NEGATIVE PHASE WITH A STRONG BLOCKING RIDGE OVER OR JUST WEST OF GREENLAND WITH DEEP TROUGH TO ITS WEST SUPPORTING A STRONG HUDSON BAY LOW AND CORRESPONDING RIDGE OVER WESTERN CANADA . . . GFS ENSEMBLES CONTINUE TO FORECAST A STRONG AO CONDITION FOR AT LEAST THE NEXT WEEK. BY END OF THE MONTH THE AO SHOULD WEAKEN AND AS WE SAW IN MID JANUARY . . ."

Los Angeles/Pasadena

34° 10' N   118° 18' W

Elevation: 910'/278m

January Average Hi/Lo: 69F/50F

July Average Hi/Lo: 88F/66F

Average Rainfall: 19"/48cm

USDA 11/Sunset 23

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?MTW

Ah geez angry.gif Because this year, when you get cold fronts, we get them a few days later, so I guess we have another one coming.

Do you have, at least, a few palms that got through the freeze?

Drives me nuts when I see the pics from places like Croatia (Bizzie 43N in Discussing Palms) for instance, and they look gorgeous, and here on the Gulf Coast, we're dealing with brown fronds, dying palms and the prospect of starting over.

I'm already planning on what to replace things with. The 2 big lutescens, of course, are keepers - they have a wee bit of green peeking out. If the spindle (cringe) doesn't survive, it will be replaced by a teddy x tri if I can find a good big one. If the double-trunked lute dies (double cringe), it will be replaced by A. cunninghamiana - and so on.

My Mule Palms and Butias laughed it off and put on new growth. My W. robusta and filibusta are burned, but will do fine. My Sabals are great. My strange Queen looks just fine. Many Livistona range from fine, to very questionable, but everything that I was Zone pushing on looks just plain dead. Check with me again around June and I'll know the true extent of the damage. Until then, I am intent to remain bitter, but should have known better. My zone pushing days are done.

Acckkk! Not again. Two days ago our highs were going to be in 70s, lows in 50s thru next weekend. Arctic front hits Wed/Thurs

Thur, 2/25: 59 & 36(!!)

Fri, 2/26: 57, 40

Sat, 2/27: 61, 48

Sun, 2/28: 68, 51

Highs don't top 70 until March 1. This is insane. I just put out the potted tropicals after 2 weeks indoors; now they got to come back in.

On a positive note, high today soared to 72. And by 3 p.m. the dreary clouds actually cleared and the sun shone. For the first time in 6 weeks I could work in the garden without shivering in my coat.

When will it end?

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

Acckkk! Not again. Two days ago our highs were going to be in 70s, lows in 50s thru next weekend. Arctic front hits Wed/Thurs

Sun, 2/28: 68, 51....

Seriously - more cold?? Figures - my husband just took down the framework for the Palm Tent - which looks as if it may have saved our bottle palm, btw. Only has one green spear, but that spear is opening!

I did just check NWS for Thursday & Friday, then I checked it for Cape Coral. According to them, Thursday will be 66, 46 and Friday will be 68, 49. Who is forecasting 59, 36 and 57, 40? But all this means is, we don't know how cold it's going to get, and probably won't until the time comes... as usual :angry:

St. Pete

Sun, 2/28: 68, 51....

Seriously - more cold?? Figures - my husband just took down the framework for the Palm Tent - which looks as if it may have saved our bottle palm, btw. Only has one green spear, but that spear is opening!

I did just check NWS for Thursday & Friday, then I checked it for Cape Coral. According to them, Thursday will be 66, 46 and Friday will be 68, 49. Who is forecasting 59, 36 and 57, 40? But all this means is, we don't know how cold it's going to get, and probably won't until the time comes... as usual :angry:

Sunny,

I don't think this arctic airmass will be anything like past events this winter. Very cold air will descend into the South but it is unlikely that frost\ freezing will occur in Central Florida. NWS is forecasting possible mix rain\snow\near freezing minimums for places like Houston later this week so Gulf coast into Florida panhandle could get in on some of the cold but the rest of Florida should be safe though chilly.

Los Angeles/Pasadena

34° 10' N   118° 18' W

Elevation: 910'/278m

January Average Hi/Lo: 69F/50F

July Average Hi/Lo: 88F/66F

Average Rainfall: 19"/48cm

USDA 11/Sunset 23

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?MTW

And the cold continues! After a brief warmup (thurs and fri about normal afternoons) this weekend is chilly, again. 50's all day, gloomy, cloudy, windy, raw. Upper 30's next two nights, again. I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sick of the cold! Greg :(

You really don't know what cold is, I'm afraid. North Dakota is cold. Florida is not.

Well, since I was raised in Montana I do know what cold is. But, when compared to Amazonas, Florida is cold. It is all about where you compare things to. Now there is really no where that is consistantly hotter than here. There are places that get hotter, but they do not stay hotter all year round.

dk

Being raised in MT, you do know what cold really is.

ahhhhh..... when you look at it that way, Even I'm in a tropical climate compared to montana..lol :)

...None of you are experiencing super cold atm... you all moved to SoUSA. Well... except for Bobby but he doesn't count lol

I live in Wisconsin.. and only one other person does. Zone 5B... aren't you glad you don't live here?

~Jason~

Milwaukee, WI to Ocala, FL

Sunny, those photogenic swine at Weather.com provided that forecast yesterday (Sat.) Today they revised it to:

Thur: 64,41

Fri: 62,45

Sat: 66,51

Sun: 69,54

Sheesh!

Meg

Florida

Sunny, those photogenic swine at Weather.com...

:floor:

They should focus more on weather and less on clothes & salons!!!

Today they revised it to:

Thur: 64,41

Fri: 62,45

Sat: 66,51

Sun: 69,54

Sheesh!

Unreal! And just a moment ago on the tv, they were at it again - carrying on about more-chill-for-the-S/E, yap yap yap. Grrr.

St. Pete

The reason most of us in the Gulf South can laugh off the circa-freezing lows forecast for Thursday morning is that everything that could be hurt by the multi-day/teens freezing event in January is past history! Nothing left green will be bothered by this measly attempt by Old Man Winter. The only pain is that we will all be moving containerized tender things, if not inside, under trees so they won't get damaged. If the lows are above 28, nothing I have will get damaged if placed under some sort of canopy.

Though we are experiencing what I believe is the second coldest February on record (projected to have only two days with highs above average, and most of the rest far below), the sun angle is getting higher, the days are longer, and even a strongly negative AO can't cause us the grief we experienced in January. May the Gulf of Mexico rule in this battle! But having two weeks ago driven down through Florida and witnessing 100% defoliated queens to just a few miles north of Tampa...and then being in Key West and experiencing consistent temps in the 50s and low 60s, I have to say I have some major respect for what the Arctic can do even at a very southern latitude...

I know many of us are re-thinking our planting strategies, and gaining renewed appreciation of hardy palms such as Sabals, Butias and needles. Though I'm worried about the fate of my defoliated Bizzie, I'm just happy that some of the young palms I mulched (e.g., Dypsis decipiens, Syagrus flexuosa) have even in this cold weather pushed new growth from their defoliated crowns, and many others I've cut into appear to have healthy green tissue above bud-level. The most bizarre thing I've experienced this winter is that a relatively exposed, fall-planted Syagrus picrophylla seems to have done as well as or better than my 'littoralis' queens! And as Keith said, the mules have laughed off the cold. Thanks to our hard-working brethren who hand-pollinate to give us these miracles of the palm world!

Michael Norell

Rancho Mirage, California | 33°44' N 116°25' W | 287 ft | z10a | avg Jan 43/70F | Jul 78/108F avg | Weather Station KCARANCH310

previously Big Pine Key, Florida | 24°40' N 81°21' W | 4.5 ft. | z12a | Calcareous substrate | avg annual min. approx 52F | avg Jan 65/75F | Jul 83/90 | extreme min approx 41F

previously Natchez, Mississippi | 31°33' N 91°24' W | 220 ft.| z9a | Downtown/river-adjacent | Loess substrate | avg annual min. 23F | Jan 43/61F | Jul 73/93F | extreme min 2.5F (1899); previously Los Angeles, California (multiple locations)

I saw that revision. They are prediciting that low to go up the east coast, again, which usually drives down arctic air. I am just enjoying this morning. It is balmy, overcast, humid about 60F so MY FEET AND HANDS are not cold for the first morning in some time. The weekend was nice. Coolish, but Sun it hit 76F with quite a bit of hazy sun. Go sun!!! We're almost there PLEASE......................Greg :blink:

Feeling mild outside with 10C/50F at the moment compared to January and the first 15 days of February!

The next few days going to be mild also with temperatures from 10-12C/50-53.6F during the days and 5-7C/41-44.6F during the nights.

Robbin

Southwest

Michael,

Aside from the weather, it's interesting you mentioned Syagrus picrophylla. I've been wondering if there are any growing in the USA, and if there are any mature ones. The photos of it in PACSOA look like it's a smaller more refined S. romanzoffiana. Good to hear it's somewhat cold hardy too.

Dick

Richard Douglas

Sunny,

I don't think this arctic airmass will be anything like past events this winter. Very cold air will descend into the South but it is unlikely that frost\ freezing will occur in Central Florida. NWS is forecasting possible mix rain\snow\near freezing minimums for places like Houston later this week so Gulf coast into Florida panhandle could get in on some of the cold but the rest of Florida should be safe though chilly.

Not only central Florida, but much farther south...

Here are my forecasted LOW temps according to the NWS for the next 4 days

Wed--38F

Thur--34F

Fri---36F

Sat--40F

Thurday night/Friday morning according to the forecast is settting up for a prime radiational event,light winds,cold air mass ,clear skies.If they miss the forecast even slightly we could easily see freezing temps here. Add the fact they have more than 24 hours to revise the forecast down! :rage:

Here is a little blub from the NWS concerning Thursday night

DECREASING WINDS WITH A VERY DRY AIR MASS IN PLACE WILL SET UP A

POTENTIAL FREEZE ACROSS LAKE AND VOLUSIA COUNTIES THURSDAY NIGHT.

NEAR FREEZING TEMPERATURES ARE ALSO POSSIBLE SOUTH OF ORLANDO AND

INLAND FROM THE COAST.

FREEZING TEMPERATURES ARE POSSIBLE ACROSS GLADES, HENDRY,

INLAND PALM BEACH, AND INLAND COLLIER COUNTIES. A FREEZE WATCH IS

NOW IN EFFECT FOR THESE AREAS FRIDAY MORNING FOR THE POTENTIAL OF

A FREEZE.

Edited by gsn

Scott

Titusville, FL

USDA Zone COLD

Michael,

Aside from the weather, it's interesting you mentioned Syagrus picrophylla. I've been wondering if there are any growing in the USA, and if there are any mature ones. The photos of it in PACSOA look like it's a smaller more refined S. romanzoffiana. Good to hear it's somewhat cold hardy too.

Dick

We have a 12' specimen here. No damage so far this year. Back in Jan. 2003 it had minor burn after a night at 27F.

Eric

Orlando, FL

zone 9b/10a

Michael,

Dick

We have a 12' specimen here. No damage so far this year. Back in Jan. 2003 it had minor burn after a night at 27F.

Eric,

Is yours blooming yet, and do you know of any larger ones growing further south? Maybe Fairchild? I'm curious how fast they grow in Florida and wondering if they would grow in S. Calif. BTW, cool and overcast here and misting. Normal for N. Calif. this time of the year.

Dick

Richard Douglas

When will it ever end? The 10 day shows nothing NEAR normal here in Tampa Bay, and it will be March already. I just wanna be a bear and hibernate! Right now it is 47F with a stiff wind gusting to 25mph...do the math. I AM SO OVER THIS COLD! Greg :angry:

Sunny,

Not only central Florida, but much farther south...

Here are my forecasted LOW temps according to the NWS for the next 4 days

Wed--38F

Thur--34F

Fri---36F

Sat--40F

Thurday night/Friday morning according to the forecast is settting up for a prime radiational event,light winds,cold air mass ,clear skies.If they miss the forecast even slightly we could easily see freezing temps here. Add the fact they have more than 24 hours to revise the forecast down! :rage:

Here is a little blub from the NWS concerning Thursday night

DECREASING WINDS WITH A VERY DRY AIR MASS IN PLACE WILL SET UP A

POTENTIAL FREEZE ACROSS LAKE AND VOLUSIA COUNTIES THURSDAY NIGHT.

NEAR FREEZING TEMPERATURES ARE ALSO POSSIBLE SOUTH OF ORLANDO AND

INLAND FROM THE COAST.

FREEZING TEMPERATURES ARE POSSIBLE ACROSS GLADES, HENDRY,

INLAND PALM BEACH, AND INLAND COLLIER COUNTIES. A FREEZE WATCH IS

NOW IN EFFECT FOR THESE AREAS FRIDAY MORNING FOR THE POTENTIAL OF

A FREEZE.

Well I am surrounded on the maps by FREEZE WARNINGS for tonight,even into interior south Florida, yet the NWS has revised my low tonight to be 35F instead of 34F? :rolleyes:

We shall see, if the winds die and it is crystal clear as predicted,hold onto your mittens as we are in for another radiational FREEZE at the end of Febuary in central Florida, and even much further SOUTH!!!!!! :rage:

Edited by gsn

Scott

Titusville, FL

USDA Zone COLD

Weather pundits keep forecasting temps here ever downward. Originally, highs would reach low 70s by Mon, 3/1. Now the highs stay in the 60s until 3/4 (when temp soars to 71). The lows follow suit

Thur, 2/25: 37

Fri, 2/26: 44

Sat, 2/27: 44

Sun, 2/28: 46

Mon, 3/1: 46

Right now it's 58F with gusting winds. Low was 47. Is that light at the end of the tunnel or another arctic freight train?

Meg

Florida

11.4C/52.5F today and not cooler then 7.4C/45.3F last night.. not bad for end of february but the show new frost again beginning of March! :huh:

Don't want to see winter return... I need spring, have also got enough cold here the last few months.

Southwest

11.4C/52.5F today and not cooler then 7.4C/45.3F last night.. not bad for end of february but the show new frost again beginning of March! huh.gif

Don't want to see winter return... I need spring, have also got enough cold here the last few months.

We caught it last night. Prediction of 32, got down around 30 or maybe lower with a hard radiational freeze. The frost was so thick it looked like it snowed. Too more fronts coming as well. What a year?