IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Summer time south of the equator

peachy

Just finished that reticulation job in 39C with not a breath of wind. I'm totally stuffed now. You know it's hot when sweat runs into your eyes and it burns from all the salt in the sweat. Yuck. It's 1pm and I'm finished for the day. The retic works a treat now. Just in time for the extreme heat this weekend.

I'm enjoying a cold cider and some air conditioning at the moment. MMMMMMMMM. :)

Best regards

Tyrone

Millbrook, "Kinjarling" Noongar word meaning "Place of Rain", Rainbow Coast, Western Australia 35S. Warm temperate. Csb Koeppen Climate classification. Cool nights all year round.

The week of rain we had may not as well have happened, the ground has cracked open again and I have lost more plants in the last week than I did in the heat wave before exmouse. My 2.30 metre Clinostigma samoense has burnt a bit, most of the others look okay still. I had to spend a few days in bed thanks to the damned MS and my spine working in tandem to put me on the deck. Even the sabals wilted in those few days......unreal. Neighbourhood cats have been coming in at night and trying to murder each other. Last night they knocked a plant stand flying and smashed my beloved little lepidorrhacis, which has bravely survived all the heat too. I could have spat. But being a lady I only turned the air blue with feline oriented adjectives. I am going to rent some trap cages next week and take any I catch to the pound. Enough is enough. I think the heat has taken out my Calyptrocalyx pauciflorus too that took me ages to find. At least we can use the sprinklers at night now which is a real boon. All the germinated seeds I potted up survived amazingly, didnt lose any. In fact some of them have quadrupled in height in the last couple of weeks. Had a bit of strong winds some days and I have big fronds from the queens and the royals all over the driveway that I am still too feeble to budge. (and the wedding is now definately off so I get no more help from that quarter) This morning I woke up to find that Ralf has pierced his eye and he is in hospital after having emergency surgery today. Its horrible having one of my babies in pain. He should be able to come home tomorrow if all is well. The vet wasnt sure who was the patient, the poor little fluffy or the hysterical old bat !! Desperately need rain soon but the forecasts have not been very promising.

Peachy

Hope you are feeling better soon !

So is your beloved little lepidorrhacis salvagable ?

Troy

Old Beach ,Hobart
Tasmania ,Australia. 42 " south
Cool Maritime climate

Peachy,

Why is the wedding off??? I hope you feel better soon....

Anyway, weather front is still good, although... not spectacular. Darwin Northern suburb got over 100mm in 2 days, and we get a mere 25mm????? Something wasn't right... but hey, we still get enough rain to wet the garden. And no more drain and driveway washing away in the rain.... so can't really complained.

The dam is FULL now... :winkie: . There are ponies in the back of the property, eating my grass... so I don't have to mow... Aaahhh... life is great... can't ask for more.

Regards, Ari :)

Ari & Scott

Darwin, NT, Australia

-12°32'53" 131°10'20"

A full dam means a happy Ari.

Do you pump from it in the dry season?

It's nice and warm and humid outside at 11pm. The garden has that nice earthy smell and everything's growing like crazy. 32C tomorrow, then it cranks up again to 41C on Sunday.

Best regards

Tyrone

Millbrook, "Kinjarling" Noongar word meaning "Place of Rain", Rainbow Coast, Western Australia 35S. Warm temperate. Csb Koeppen Climate classification. Cool nights all year round.

It has been pretty hot down south in Rio de Janeiro the past week. But, it looks like some rain is coming.

dk

RioJanweather.jpg

Don Kittelson

LIFE ON THE RIO NEGRO

03° 06' 07'' South 60° 01' 30'' West

Altitude 92 Meters / 308 feet above sea level

1,500 kms / 932 miles to the mouth of the Amazon River

Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil - A Cidade da Floresta

Where the world´s largest Tropical Rainforest embraces the Greatest Rivers in the World. .

82331.gif

Click here to visit Amazonas

amazonas2.jpg

It's been great palm weather here lately..31-32C every day and humid with warm nights...ceiling fans on 24 x 7. The upcoming forecast is for more of the same...palms are loving it! We just need the occasional shower to keep the ground moisture topped up...

Forecast for Friday

Mostly fine, a possible morning shower. Light to moderate SE to NE winds.

Precis: Mostly fine

City: Max 31

Bayside: Max 29

UV Alert: 7:50 am to 4:10 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 13 [Extreme]

Saturday Fine Min 23 Max 31

Sunday Mostly fine. Min 22 Max 33

Monday Fine Min 22 Max 35

Tuesday Fine Min 22 Max 33

Wednesday Fine Min 21 Max 33

Thursday Fine Min 21 Max 31

Daryl

Gold Coast, Queensland Latitude 28S. Mild, Humid Subtropical climate. Rainfall - not consistent enough!

A full dam means a happy Ari.

Do you pump from it in the dry season?

It's nice and warm and humid outside at 11pm. The garden has that nice earthy smell and everything's growing like crazy. 32C tomorrow, then it cranks up again to 41C on Sunday.

Best regards

Tyrone

No Tyrone... it is at the moment a wet season dam... We can't afford to line it with bentonite last year ... so it doesn't keep the water in the dry. We shall see again this year... There are plenty of stuff to spend our money on... if it is up to me, I wouldn't have done the dam!!! A huge money spent and still not finished!!!! Maybe when we don't have any other stuff to spend it on, I would put it then... so, yes... it is not a priority to seal it at the moment. Although, it does look nice when it is full in the wet... and eventually I want to grow Victoria amazonica in it :) :)

Ari & Scott

Darwin, NT, Australia

-12°32'53" 131°10'20"

Victoria amazonica would be so cool to have in a dam.

The heat has been turned up here.

Forecast for Friday evening

Clear skies. Fresh S/SW winds, shifting SE'ly this evening.

Precis: Clear.

Forecast for Saturday

Sunny. Fresh and gusty E'ly winds, easing SE'ly during the afternoon.

Precis: Sunny. Windy morning.

City: Min 17 Max 38

Mandurah: Min 16 Max 33

UV Alert: 8:20 am to 4:40 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 13 [Extreme]

Fire Danger: Coastal Plain: VERY HIGH

Hills: VERY HIGH

Sunday Very hot, sunny. Min 20 Max 41

Monday Very hot, mostly sunny. Min 24 Max 41

Tuesday Very hot, mostly sunny. Min 23 Max 38

Wednesday Partly cloudy. Min 20 Max 31

I'm gonna go down the beach on Sunday night. I love the nights down the beach after a 40 plus day. Just awesome with a few ciders. :D

Best regards

Tyrone

We are having a break in the weather at the moment... We only got 0.3mm yesterday... :rolleyes:

Everything is SO WET, that I actually welcome the sun for a bit. A few different scenario in the next week... all of them involved a cyclone. So, we shall see what happens in the next few days. The more I read about them, the more confused I get... so I think I will opt for 'wait and see' approach. This year, everything goes everywhere.... even the monsoon trough didn't make sense. But this year... we have more rain than normal... so can't complain!!

Ari & Scott

Darwin, NT, Australia

-12°32'53" 131°10'20"

Well I am still in the southern hemisphere at 6 Deg south, so I may as well post on what I see here.

I'm in Jakarta for work, and it's the middle of the wet season.

And rain it has.....but in relatively short, intense bursts with VERY heavy showers lasting 10-20 minutes. The thing with Jakarta is that the roadside drainage is so poor that even after a few days of decent rain, the water begins to stay on the roads and can quickly get knee deep.

During the wet season, more than a handful of people get killed here. Not from drowning, but from electrocution.....exposed live wires being submerged and someone entering the basement etc.

Max temps are down a little at the moment... yesterday was showery with a warm gentle breeze...and only 28C...very cool for Jakarta.

Regards

Michael.

Just north of Cairns, Australia....16 Deg S.
Tropical climate: from 19C to 34C.

Spending a lot of time in Manila, Philippines... 15 Deg N.
Tropical climate: from 24C to 35C.

Michael,

At least the rainy season does not tend to shock too many people around here. At least I do not hear about it. It is raining a lot these days. Which is what it is supposed to this time of the year.

dk

Don Kittelson

LIFE ON THE RIO NEGRO

03° 06' 07'' South 60° 01' 30'' West

Altitude 92 Meters / 308 feet above sea level

1,500 kms / 932 miles to the mouth of the Amazon River

Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil - A Cidade da Floresta

Where the world´s largest Tropical Rainforest embraces the Greatest Rivers in the World. .

82331.gif

Click here to visit Amazonas

amazonas2.jpg

I wish it rained here. We've not had anything fall from the sky since Nov 20 2009. We're close to 60 days without rain with no rain in sight yet. This is our driest start to Summer in a decade. 41C today. I wish the wind would stop. It's a dry easterly. It does nothing to cool anything and just dries everything out like a crisp.

Best regards

Tyrone

One of my 'weather' friend is in Perth at the moment, Tyrone... and he did say that it was going to be 41deg today... Hhhmm.. must be HOT!!

it is building up out there... we are back to afternoon storm for the time being. Suits me fine....

Ari & Scott

Darwin, NT, Australia

-12°32'53" 131°10'20"

Had some great rains :badday: , and the humidity is way up ^_^ .. grow on everything B) .

Michael in palm paradise,

Tully, wet tropics in Australia, over 4 meters of rain every year.

Home of the Golden Gumboot, its over 8m high , our record annual rainfall.

Had some great rains :badday: , and the humidity is way up ^_^ .. grow on everything B) .

You've gotta be happy with that.

It got to 43 today.

Best regards

Tyrone

Rang my folks back in melbourne tonight whilst I am here in Jakarta....

They are going over to check on some of my stuff the autosprinker system will miss.

Yes..THAT autowatering system that fouled up on me and bled my water tanks dry in November has had to be put back into use while I am away. I gave it a trial run for 4 days before I left, and it was working fine.....

Well tonight my dad says he had some "bad news" for me..... it has done it again......not shut off and bled the tanks dry again.

:rage:

Am I an idiot for using it again ? Maybe, if I was home, but going away, and not wanting to burden neighbors with over an hour of hand watering every day...what do you do ??

Needless to say, I will do something about it when I get home. Fortunately, its a cool week this week while I am away.

I may have to buy in some water after all.

Regards

Michael.

They are going over to check on some of my stuff the autosprinker system will miss.

Yes..THAT autowatering system that fouled up on me and bled my water tanks dry in November has had to be put back into use while I am away. I gave it a trial run for 4 days before I left, and it was working fine.....

Well tonight my dad says he had some "bad news" for me..... it has done it again......not shut off and bled the tanks dry again.

Am I an idiot for using it again ? Maybe, if I was home, but going away, and not wanting to burden neighbors with over an hour of hand watering every day...what do you do ??

Needless to say, I will do something about it when I get home. Fortunately, its a cool week this week while I am away.

Regards

Michael.

CRAP!!!!!!!!!! I bet it's a design flaw. Why do these things happen when you can do nothing about it? Can you put two of them in tandem? If one fails the other one will block the flow. The likelihood of both failing at the same time should be quite remote. You'd have to program them exactly the same though.

Luckily the first part of the week is quite mild with some showers. Your plants have had a nice deep water too. Thu and Fri is around 30C and the time to water.

It's always the case. You go away and that's when something catastrophic happens to your water supply, like your bore runs dry, solenoids fail to open the day you leave and stay shut, or somehow the mains supply to your newly installed timeclock is switched to off. Murphy's law. When I find that Murphy I'll................. nahhhh. Something will go wrong and I'll end up the loser.

It was above 40C from 1pm until 6.45pm tonight. It's hot and still outside now.

Best regards

Tyrone

Michael,

You just have to spend money on a controller and solenoid. It is not that complicated to install, just cost more!! But, if you already spent money on water tanks, you don't want all that water go to waste, especially you do go away quite frequently. If you don't know how to install it, talk to irrigation guy or Scott can help you. I wouldn't buy one of those battery operated again. I went through so many and so many has failed on me, and cost me a few plants.

We are putting controller and solenoid in the next few months, hopefully before we go away in April (Jakarta via Singapore). Are you planning to go?? I am meeting up with a few friends over there, so if you are going to be there... we should catch up.

Ari & Scott

Darwin, NT, Australia

-12°32'53" 131°10'20"

Had a min of 27C overnight. At 8.30am it was 34C. Only 7C to go until the forecast is reached. I think we'll blitz it. No seabreeze looks likely until much later today. At least the easterlies are virtually gone now.

Michael, if you want to put a decent controller in with a solenoid let me know. I should be able to guide you a bit if you need help.

Best regards

Tyrone

Regards

Michael.

Sorry to hear about that again Michael .

I have had Holman , Neta , auto tap timers and they have all been useless ! A hard wired computerised watering system is the way to go a bloke i know has one and it hasn't ever failed him yet (they go away every January 4 weeks) .

I will find out what system it is when he gets back and let you know .

Old Beach ,Hobart
Tasmania ,Australia. 42 " south
Cool Maritime climate

42C at 12.30pm. 2C warmer than this time yesterday. It may get to 45C. :(

http://www.bom.gov.au/weather/wa/observations/perth.shtml

Tyrone

Is the bore on, Tyrone? Good luck.... well, at least you can go into a/c... unlike your palms...

Ari & Scott

Darwin, NT, Australia

-12°32'53" 131°10'20"

It only got to 43.2C not 45C. Phew. Although once over 39C it all feels the same. Yes the bore is on Ari. It will get a drinking tonight I tell you. I wonder what todays evaporation rate was.

Well I just looked at the forecast and it looks like we may have some early morning rain and then up to a humid 37C, which seems so much cooler than 43.2C but if it's humid will feel like 52C.

I've been in air con since noon. Doing some design work on the computer with the air con above me listening to music. It sure beats doing a garden in this heat. Actually I'd refuse to do a garden in this heat. What hope have plants got in this heat when being planted.

Here's the forecast. I hope we get that rain. If not I'll make my own.

Forecast for Monday evening

A warm night with cloud increasing. Moderate S/SW winds.

Precis: Partly cloudy.

Forecast for Tuesday

Cloudy periods with the chance of a shower early in the morning. SE winds

becoming moderate W/SW in the afternoon and freshening S/SW'ly near the coast

later.

Precis: Cloudy periods.

City: Min 23 Max 37

Mandurah: Min 23 Max 33

UV Alert: 8:20 am to 4:40 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 13 [Extreme]

Hills: VERY HIGH

Wednesday Sunny. Min 20 Max 30

Thursday Sunny. Min 15 Max 28

Friday Sunny. Min 15 Max 33

Saturday Sunny. Min 20 Max 37

Sunday Sunny. Min 19 Max 35

Monday Sunny. Min 18 Max 33

Best regards

Tyrone

I just checked yesterdays evaporation rate. 15.8mm !!!!!!!!!! Everything was drying out before your eyes the last two days. I've never seen evap rates that high here before.

UV peaked at 14.5!!!!! That's why I have a canopy and a screening of bamboos growing on the boundary.

Best regards

Tyrone

That's pretty hot and dry Tyrone. When it is in the 40s and single digit humidity, the palms really suffer. I remember a few years ago we hit 44 and 20% humidity, and it fried all of my Verschaffeltias to death. Definitely not palm friendly weather, unless you are growing Medemia or the like! Too hot is just as bad as too cold!

We got to 38C here today, a little warmer than the forecast 35...dry NW winds kept humidity in the 30s/40s all day, but dewpoints were still OK and didn't get below 18C...it was quite a stifling heat all the same!

Hopefully piggies will be all Ok...they don't like it too hot and dry...leaf burn is normal after 37C+ temps.

Daryl

Gold Coast, Queensland Latitude 28S. Mild, Humid Subtropical climate. Rainfall - not consistent enough!

Thank goodness we don't have that kind of temperature now... Sept/Oct is a different story... I know last time, when we had that hot and dry day, my plants really showed damage... and we didn't even get to 40deg...

Good luck... I hope it will cool down soon.

Ari & Scott

Darwin, NT, Australia

-12°32'53" 131°10'20"

That's pretty hot and dry Tyrone. When it is in the 40s and single digit humidity, the palms really suffer. I remember a few years ago we hit 44 and 20% humidity, and it fried all of my Verschaffeltias to death. Definitely not palm friendly weather, unless you are growing Medemia or the like! Too hot is just as bad as too cold!

We got to 38C here today, a little warmer than the forecast 35...dry NW winds kept humidity in the 30s/40s all day, but dewpoints were still OK and didn't get below 18C...it was quite a stifling heat all the same!

Hopefully piggies will be all Ok...they don't like it too hot and dry...leaf burn is normal after 37C+ temps.

Daryl

You're right there Daryl. Hot and dry aint good for palms. I can see why your Verschaffeltias died. They would have hated those conditions. They don't make it through winter here anyway. I doubt my garden saw single digit humidity. I have my ways to keep humidity up. The canopy is one way.

I hope your Piggies are OK. That's pretty hot for Brisbane. Dewpoints of 18C would have saved you though. We had negative dewpoints today. But the garden wouldn't have seen less than 30% RH I reckon.

Nothings damaged, not even my fullsun Howea's, the Foxy Ladies and rednecks in fullsun or even my Veitchia joannis which is now a canopy palm. Everything has done OK except a Dypsis rivularis in fullshade who's oldest leaf has crisped right up this afternoon. It didn't dry out either. My banana's drooped either side of the midrib as usual and my Alpinia caerulea gingers showed stress in the heat of the day if they had some sun on them. They're back to normal now it's cooler. You're right though, summer damage can be worse than winter damage.

Best regards

Tyrone

Thank goodness we don't have that kind of temperature now... Sept/Oct is a different story... I know last time, when we had that hot and dry day, my plants really showed damage... and we didn't even get to 40deg...

Good luck... I hope it will cool down soon.

Yeah we're cooling down to 37C tomorrow. LOL.

The retics going flat out at the moment. It's hot and very humid out there now. The clouds have moved in now, so that should seal in the warmth.

Best regards

Tyrone

Well we had another warm 27C night. The clouds have been in all night and although it's not as bright today due to the cloud cover it's managed to reach 34C at 10am at a much slower pace than yesterday. The air is still dry with 9C dewpoints. We didn't get any rain. :( If the cloud clears it could still get to 40C again.

Yesterday Perth had it's highest electricity consumption ever. Some suburbs were without power for 24hrs. Also mains water usage was the highest ever recorded (the water pressure was lousy yesterday). We had the hottest Jan day since 1994. This Jan we are averaging 18C min to 34C max and an overall average of 26C for Jan.

It's times like these you can see the serious infrastructure problems here. With a rapidly building population, the aging and poorly designed infrastructure really can't cope. Water restrictions aren't all to do with drought and lack of rainfall, it's to do with the size of the main pipes from the dams, the lack of pressure to whole suburbs if everyone watered at the same time. The roster system just evens out the pressures across the metropolitan area. Our infrastructure can only cope with a population half our size in Perth. That's why, even though our dams start filling up past the "magical" 50% mark (they did this winter) which got us water restrictions and the roster system in the first place back in 2001, they don't relax restrictions one bit. The whole mains piping system is too small.

I do agree with using water wisely though. Grey water should be used to flush the toilet etc (why use good drinking water for that?) and on the garden. Gardens can be set up with efficient watering systems etc. Rain water tanks are pretty useless in Perth as we don't get rain in summer at all. You'd drain it in a few weeks on even the smallest garden. In winter when it rains your tank will be overflowing and wasted anyway, unless you have a 300000L tank.

Bring down the water from Lake Argyle, the Mega dam!!!

Best regards

Tyrone

From "The Age" newspaper today:

People living in Australia's south should pull out their doonas - a cool change is coming over the next three months.

Heatwaves have left people sweating in recent weeks and Melbourne endured its hottest night in a century.

But the Bureau of Meteorology's forecast for February to April says cooler than normal weather is on the way for Victoria, Tasmania and Adelaide.

There's a 65 per cent chance Melbourne and Adelaide will have colder weather than average.

It's a different story for Sydney and the country's north, which is tipped to be hotter than usual.

Sydney is set for particularly warm days, while much of Queensland is rated at the extreme end of the scale for hot weather.

The Northern Territory and Perth are also forecast to bake.

Warm temperatures in the oceans around Australia - especially a warm Pacific Ocean caused by the current El Nino weather pattern - is responsible for the hot forecast in the north.

When it comes to rainfall, there should be no more floods on the way for Queensland. Most of the state is tipped to be drier than usual.

There is no hint of more flooding anywhere in the country except for central Western Australia, which is forecast to be wet.

The El Nino cycle, which usually brings hot, dry weather to Australia's east, is persisting but is probably fading out, the bureau says.

Thanks Miccles...I didn't need to read that!

Daryl

Thanks Miccles...I didn't need to read that!

Daryl

Sorry Daryl.......me: messenger... therefore don't shoot ! :lol:

Regards

Michael

The Northern Territory and Perth are also forecast to bake.

Warm temperatures in the oceans around Australia - especially a warm Pacific Ocean caused by the current El Nino weather pattern - is responsible for the hot forecast in the north.

When it comes to rainfall, there should be no more floods on the way for Queensland. Most of the state is tipped to be drier than usual.

There is no hint of more flooding anywhere in the country except for central Western Australia, which is forecast to be wet.

The El Nino cycle, which usually brings hot, dry weather to Australia's east, is persisting but is probably fading out, the bureau says.

I will believe it when I see it... El Nino & La Nina don't actually affect us that much really...

Ari & Scott

Darwin, NT, Australia

-12°32'53" 131°10'20"

We're baking now. It got to over 41C again today even though we had almost 100% cloud cover and almost no wind. Real weird. I've never experienced such a warm yet cloudy day. We've had the hottest hot spell in January since January 1989. Cooler tomorrow with 31C, but if it stays warm tonight it will be warmer than that tomorrow. No rain though even though you could see rain in the clouds that never made the ground. It was just too hot.

Best regards

Tyrone

Nice consistent weather forecast for us, but it would be good to see some rain.

Forecast for Wednesday

Fine. Light to moderate SE to NE winds.

Fire Danger: High [12-24].

Precis: Fine

City: Max 31

Bayside: Max 30

UV Alert: 7:50 am to 4:10 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 14 [Extreme]

Thursday Fine. Min 20 Max 32

Friday Fine. Min 21 Max 32

Saturday Fine. Min 22 Max 33

Sunday Fine. Min 22 Max 32

Monday Fine. Min 23 Max 32

Tuesday Fine. Min 23 Max 33

That's nice consistent weather Daryl. The east coast from your lat north is like a giant humid greenhouse. Can't you see I'm jealous. :D

We have yo-yo weather. Not so much with temperature, as it's almost always hot this time of year in the west, but yo-yo humidity. After having extended periods of single digit humidity the last few days, this morning we had a 21C min with 90% RH and dewpoints just below 20C. It's really nice and mild this morning with clouds, a very slight breeze and the sun peaking through on occasion. It's about 24C with 70% RH right now. We're going for a humid 31C. So today is a "Brissie" day. On Sat we're going for a "Newman" day with another 40C forecast. I'm hoping my Heliconia rostratas get the idea to flower this year with all this excess heat. None of them have burnt or been stressed out. In fact I'm getting 30cm a day growth out of them. The coconut is flying too. I've only had a bit of burn on some H indica's that I'm trying to harden up, as they're now too big to protect. Some other things that I'm hardening off have yellowed slightly, but are OK.

Today is a great growing day. :)

Best regards

Tyrone

Very hot and terribly dry here still. The ground is starting to crack open again and the heat has killed some of the tropical potted palms, my lovely vamipire palm being the first victim. The big native frangipani tree was wilted this morning, first time it has ever done that in 10 years since planting. So many things need a new layer of mulch but I am still not well enough to drive out and pick some bales up. I drag myself around and hose as many small things as I can, but after an hour, thats it for me. The sprinkler then goes but I only have enough water pressure these days for one at a time, which means so much is still missing out. Had a nasty storm the other night but it only rained for 5 minutes, not enough to rinse off the dust. Lost another piggie too and surprisingly the normanbya is looking fairly sick all of a sudden. All but the big one of the carpies have gone to god too. So much for the wet summer we were supposed to be getting. On the plus side, the hoyas, bougainvilleas and climbing bauhinia have gone insane and flowering their hearts out, but so big they are going to all have to be cut back soon before they take over the place. Any donations of small chain saws or utes gladly accepted.

Peachy

I came. I saw. I purchased

27.35 south.

Warm subtropical, with occasional frosts.

Peachy, it must be hard for you in the heat. Being inland doesn't help your plants with lack of humidity compared to the coast.

Well they've amended our forecast and Sat is not 40C anymore but 36C with a chance of a thunderstorm. Woohooo!!! That's more like it. :D Now will we get it???? That's the 57 billion dollar question.

Forecast for Wednesday evening

Cloudy increasing during the evening. Moderate to fresh S/SW winds, shifting

SE'ly during the evening.

Precis: Cloud increasing.

Forecast for Thursday

Mostly sunny. Moderate SE'ly winds, shifting fresh S/SW in the afternoon.

Precis: Mostly sunny.

City: Min 17 Max 28

Mandurah: Min 18 Max 28

UV Alert: 8:20 am to 4:40 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 14 [Extreme]

Hills: HIGH

Friday Sunny. Min 17 Max 32

Saturday Chance of a thundery shower. Min 20 Max 36

Sunday Humid change. Min 22 Max 35

Monday Cloudy, chance of a morning shower. Min 19 Max 29

Tuesday Mostly sunny. Min 17 Max 31

Wednesday Sunny. Min 18 Max 33

Best regards

Tyrone

Still raining here... only got 5mm a day for the last 4 days until yesterday when the weak monsoon arrived. Now, we have Magda to the west and Neville to the east, this will be interesting indeed.

Ari & Scott

Darwin, NT, Australia

-12°32'53" 131°10'20"

TC Olga is predicted to run aground near Port Douglas as a cat 2. I didn't see this one coming. It appeared out of nowhere. Hopefully it will stay cat 2 or lower and cause minimal damage. The area around Julatten and Mt Lewis will get a dumping of rain. I don't know if I'd want to be on Mt Lewis when a cyclone hits.

Here, 36C today and afternoon thunderstorms. A quality growing day. :)

Best regards

Tyrone