IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS

PALM MOD

I think I may have solved the persistent email notification problem we have been having. If you have received a backlog of emails from the Forum, this is because many were held up in the queue, and I have hopefully set them all free.

So, we are sorry for what may have been many emails all at once, but I anticipate that things may now be rectified.

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

Hi and thanks for our effords!

Now it works :winkie:

Greetings from a litte village near Salzburg/Austria

Moni

11152.gif

USDA 5b (up to -26° C)

It is very hard for me to see, how many plants are growing around the the world, which I don't have in my collection!!!!

I wondered why I had 35 emails when I logged in today :lol: Thanks for fixing it.

Peachy

I came. I saw. I purchased

27.35 south.

Warm subtropical, with occasional frosts.

It unleashed a fury on my inbox :D

Matt in Temecula, CA

Hot and dry in the summer, cold with light frost in the winter. Halfway between the desert and ocean

I wondered why I had 35 emails when I logged in today :lol: Thanks for fixing it.

Peachy

Only 35? I got over 600!!! I turned the comp on, left the room, came back... 638 new emails... uh oh I thought... Hope I havent got some nasty virus...

Just got a notification about this thread so good to see everything is back in order and I dont have to remember the threads I have posted in anymore. Cheers!

Michael

Auckland

New Zealand

www.nznikau.com

http://nzpalmandcycad.com

Peachy

Only 35? I got over 600!!! I turned the comp on, left the room, came back... 638 new emails... uh oh I thought... Hope I havent got some nasty virus...

Just got a notification about this thread so good to see everything is back in order and I dont have to remember the threads I have posted in anymore. Cheers!

If it makes any of you feel better, my computer and iPhone continued dinging for over an hour, and when it was said and done, I must of had 5,000 including notices of undeliverable emails. If you haven't checked in a while, now would be a good time to check and verify that your email on record is still a valid email.

FYI - For any of you using Comcast as an ISP. Apparently Comcast refused to accept emails from the Forum, so the notifications never worked for you. I think I have that fixed as well. There may also be an issue with Yahoo. If any of you who using a Yahoo email address for the Forum can give me info as to whether you are able to receive notifications from the Forum, that would be useful - not PMs, but topic notifications, password changes, email changes, etc. Anything that is "auto-generated" from the Forum.

I have Yahoo! mail and I received a mass of pm notifications(i initially though, how come all remembered me today? :lol: ) so it works for me fine! :) Thank you for fixing it! :)

''To try,is to risk failure.......To not try,is to guarantee it''

I have Yahoo! mail and I received a mass of pm notifications(i initially though, how come all remembered me today? :lol: ) so it works for me fine! :) Thank you for fixing it! :)

Thanks Kostas, That helps a lot.

Well, you made palmdoctor's year! ;)

Great to see ya fixed things. I though it was a gmail thing.

Bren in South St. Pete Florida

• 2 weeks later...
Broken again? I've not received any email notifications today (comcast).

I'll check - may again be Comcast.

It worked fine for me. If anyone else on Comcast is having problems, please let me know, I can try to contact them again.

It worked fine for me. If anyone else on Comcast is having problems, please let me know, I can try to contact them again.

Seems to be working again. Odd.

Good,

Thanks for following up.