IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

August Weather

FRITO

It's 203 to 106 in Walnut Creek today at 3 PM., depending on which temp probe I read. Some high thin clouds all day but that just makes it feel muggy. I just returned from a nursery and everything was wilted. This is the hottest day we have had in August, as it's been rather plesant otherwise.

Dick

Richard Douglas

105 here. Cannot wait for the cool-down to the 90's by Monday and Tuesday here

--------------------

Kevin Martin - Meteorologist

Southern California Weather Authority

Damn Dick, 203 to 106? That's hot anyway you split it.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

Damn Dick, 203 to 106? That's hot anyway you split it.

If it was 203 I'd be in a cave a mile down :)

--------------------

Kevin Martin - Meteorologist

Southern California Weather Authority

It's 203 to 106 in Walnut Creek today at 3 PM., depending on which temp probe I read. Some high thin clouds all day but that just makes it feel muggy. I just returned from a nursery and everything was wilted. This is the hottest day we have had in August, as it's been rather plesant otherwise.

Dick

203, huh? Maybe if you turn down the dial on the oven and take the thermometer out, it might be a little cooler.

Coastal San Diego, California

Z10b

Dry summer subtropical/Mediterranean

warm summer/mild winter

OK, OK,

At least your paying attention. Of course I ment to say 103F. At 4:30 AM this morning it's still 67F which is a warm night for me. Today is going to be another sizzler.

Dick

Richard Douglas

OK, OK,

At least your paying attention. Of course I ment to say 103F. At 4:30 AM this morning it's still 67F which is a warm night for me. Today is going to be another sizzler.

Dick

It only dropped to 77F here this morning & this is what it looks like outside :unsure: the La Canada fire is 7 miles away [thankfully the wind is blowing it north]

030.jpg

Edited by happ

Los Angeles/Pasadena

34° 10' N   118° 18' W

Elevation: 910'/278m

January Average Hi/Lo: 69F/50F

July Average Hi/Lo: 88F/66F

Average Rainfall: 19"/48cm

USDA 11/Sunset 23

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?MTW

At one point it hit 101.8F at my place today, and 109.5F in the greenhouse. Humidity says 67%.

Most of us in coastal California don't have air conditioning, myself included. After a couple days of this I'm feeling lethargic, slightly ill, and mild headache.

Zone 9b/10a, Sunset Zone 22

7 miles inland. Elevation 120ft (37m)

Average annual low temp: 30F (-1C)

Average annual rainfall: 8" (20cm)

Most of us in coastal California don't have air conditioning, myself included. After a couple days of this I'm feeling lethargic, slightly ill, and mild headache.

I'm surprised at that fact. I think that's one way the west coast of Oz differs to So Cal. Everyone has air con, otherwise they wouldn't get through the summer.

Best regards

Tyrone

Millbrook, "Kinjarling" Noongar word meaning "Place of Rain", Rainbow Coast, Western Australia 35S. Warm temperate. Csb Koeppen Climate classification. Cool nights all year round.

It was already 90 F when I left Walnut Creek for San Francisco around noon today. When I arrived in SF I expected some cool, but it was uncomfortably warm in SF also. I was told it was 85 at the beach. When I got home around 8 PM it was still 88 in Walnut Creek and not a hint of air movement. This will be another warm night.

Dick

Richard Douglas

My car said 98 in SF yesteraday. Today it was 101 in Orinda. Lots of water for them palms.

Meteorologist and PhD student in Climate Science

I was in Ramona yesterday for one of my son's football game. They played in temps of 106 at 1PM. It was 107 when I left about 330PM

Z10b

warm summer/mild winter

Boy that is hot.

dk

Don Kittelson

LIFE ON THE RIO NEGRO

03° 06' 07'' South 60° 01' 30'' West

Altitude 92 Meters / 308 feet above sea level

1,500 kms / 932 miles to the mouth of the Amazon River

Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil - A Cidade da Floresta

Where the world´s largest Tropical Rainforest embraces the Greatest Rivers in the World. .

82331.gif

Click here to visit Amazonas

amazonas2.jpg

Boy that is hot.

dk

Hotter than I'm used to, that's for sure. It was still 99F about 5 miles from the coast. By the time I got home, it was about 87F and somewhat humid.

Z10b

warm summer/mild winter