IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

PM email notification?

Kim

Anyone else not getting email notifications of PMs? I have this option selected on my controls, but suddenly they are not arriving even though I am receiving messages. The email alert is a convenient feature, especially when using my phone.

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Yes,

Please let us know.

Kim, as suggested via PM, did you check your spam filter, or spam filter settings? Many times the automated messages generated by computer (as are PM notices) are seem as spam if your filter, or the filter of your ISP is set to strictly.

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

Yes,

Please let us know.

Kim, as suggested via PM, did you check your spam filter, or spam filter settings? Many times the automated messages generated by computer (as are PM notices) are seem as spam if your filter, or the filter of your ISP is set to strictly.

Via PM? Did not receive this PM. Anyway, yes, I checked the 'junk' file first thing, nothing there.

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

OK, I'll do some checking, while we wait to hear from others. I may even pin a topic in the main forum if I can't turn up anything.

Kim,

I just received a PM alerting me to the same problem, so you are not the only one. Any more info from anyone will help track this down.

I never set mine up that way. It just pops up when I log in. (revisit)

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Yes,even iam experiencing the same problem...And i have not activatied any spam filter or buster in my E.Mail account ? :hmm: i.e i get PM alerts & messages in palmtalk account.But its not being intimated to my E.Mail account !

Thanks & Love,

Kris :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

And I dont know if this is related, or just a problem I am having, But I have to log in every time now, when it used to be automatic. And sometimes when I try to log in, the "you are now logged in" logo comes up, but below that it say "IPS Driver Error" and I am not actually logged on to Palmtalk and have to read the posts without replying like a common troll.

But maybe some of it is with my computer, though to my knowledge I havent changed anything, and Im no computer dummy.

Michael

Auckland

New Zealand

www.nznikau.com

http://nzpalmandcycad.com

I noticed my PM notifications stopped about a week ago.

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

Thanks Everyone - We do have a problem.

But I see no easily apparent reason or setting that controls this, indicating a more difficult problem to solve. We are working on it.

Testing 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10

animated-volcano-image-0010.gif.71ccc48bfc1ec622a0adca187eabaaa4.gif

Kona, on The Big Island
Hawaii - Land of Volcanoes

Still Testing --- I'm testing "Email Notification of Replies" to posts. Does anyone know if this has stopped working as well?

And I dont know if this is related, or just a problem I am having, But I have to log in every time now, when it used to be automatic. And sometimes when I try to log in, the "you are now logged in" logo comes up, but below that it say "IPS Driver Error" and I am not actually logged on to Palmtalk and have to read the posts without replying like a common troll.

But maybe some of it is with my computer, though to my knowledge I havent changed anything, and Im no computer dummy.

The 'IPS Driver Error' is one we haven't been able to figure out. We are contemplating and upgrade soon, so hopefully this will be one of the 'bugs' that would be fixed with a newer version.

Still Testing --- I'm testing "Email Notification of Replies" to posts. Does anyone know if this has stopped working as well?

I haven't received any email notification of replies for more than a week and I found two PMs that I didn't get any notification of when I logged in the last time on June 22.

George Yao

Metro-Manila

Philippines

Neither PM or Replies to posts have been emailed to me for a couple of weeks so I would say both of them are on the fritz.

Peachy

I came. I saw. I purchased

27.35 south.

Warm subtropical, with occasional frosts.

Testing 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9

Kona, on The Big Island

Not sure if this will help, but...I was getting the IPS Driver Error messge when attempting to log in via FireFox. I have the"Remember me?" checkbox ticked. I finally tried re-keying my password and was able to log in.

Tom

Bowie, Maryland, USA - USDA z7a
hardiestpalms.com

• 2 weeks later...
I take it the email notification problem is proving to be a bit tricky...

Yep, I'm searching for some outside help that will be part of a minor upgrade as well. Patience, my son.

I take it the email notification problem is proving to be a bit tricky...

Yep, I'm searching for some outside help that will be part of a minor upgrade as well. "Patience, my son".

:lol:

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Not sure if I missed this from the other posts but....my "Sent Items" box has been cleared also.

Ditto on the recieved message box upon log in...not working.

Glenn

Modesto, California

Sunset Zone 14   USDA 9b

Low Temp. 19F/-7C 12-20-1990         

High Temp. 111F/43C 07-23-2006

Annual Average Precipitation 13.12 inches/yr.

I'm home crook today so I'm not working either.

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

• 1 month later...

I too am not receiving My PM's through my e-mail and have a sneaking suspicion that my outgoing messages are not being received. I just tried to send a message to Bo, and there is no record of it in my sent messages folder. Perhaps everyone should be alerted to this problem or has this been done already and I'm too blind to see it? Perry

Perry Glenn

SLO Palms

(805) 550-2708

http://www.slopalms.com

I too am not receiving My PM's through my e-mail and have a sneaking suspicion that my outgoing messages are not being received. I just tried to send a message to Bo, and there is no record of it in my sent messages folder. Perhaps everyone should be alerted to this problem or has this been done already and I'm too blind to see it? Perry

Please note:

Outgoing messages are not saved in your sent folder unless you check the box.

Kona, on The Big Island

• 2 weeks later...

Dean,

Last week I received the IPS Driver error and was unable to log in. This doesn't happen every time but seldom enough to be a problem. It went away for a while and then cam back.

Ghosts in the machine.

Palmmermaid

Kitty Philips

West Palm Beach, FL

Dean,

Last week I received the IPS Driver error and was unable to log in. This doesn't happen every time but seldom enough to be a problem. It went away for a while and then cam back.

Ghosts in the machine.

Kitty,

By chance do you log in from different ISPs (providers)?

Dean,

Ghosts in the machine.

Kitty,

By chance do you log in from different ISPs (providers)?

This happens to me all of the time and I remember Bo-Goren mentioning in one of his threads that it happened to him . I have discovered a solution that so far has worked every time: When I get the IPS login error I close Internet Explorer and then immediately go back in. When I reopen Palm Talk I'm logged in.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Lee

Lee

Located at 1500' elevation in Kona on the west side of the Big Island of Hawaii.

Average annual rainfall is about 60"; temperature around 80 degrees.

Well the email notifications of replies to posts seem to be working now... I just got 600+ emails from Palmtalk.

Please read the "Important Topics" at the top of the "Discussing Palms" page.

I just got several hundred PM email notifications. No joke.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)