IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

White version of PalmTalk?

Kim

Does anyone else ever get an all-white version of PalmTalk at random times? The format is the same, it functions the same, but the screen is mostly white, so it's harder to tell where one post ends and another begins. Then randomly it will go back to the blue format, easier to read. Just curious how this happens and if anyone else has experienced this.

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

It sounds like you are briefly seeing the "lo-fi version". Not sure how or why. Click the link at the bottom of the thread to see.

Zone 9b/10a, Sunset Zone 22

7 miles inland. Elevation 120ft (37m)

Average annual low temp: 30F (-1C)

Average annual rainfall: 8" (20cm)

I've never seen that.

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

I have seen it, but only when I did a google search and jumped into the forum like that. I have never seen when doing the conventional login.

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

Kim- I've seen two versions. One is the lo-fi version as noted above.

The other is "white as you mentioned and some features are not available (photo downloads, etc.). I use Firefox and it does it randomly, it can be after I open some email attachment or go to some random website. I then can open it in Netscape and its blue again, but still can't do the photo load thing. I have found that if I use my Firefox browser to go to some "high traffic sites" (i.e., a few pages of e-bay or 4-5 youtube videos) it will go back to "blue" for Palmtalk.

Its happened for sometime now, I always thought it was just my computer....

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

i have the "lo-fi" version. does that mean i have to sit at the back of the bus?

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

i have the "lo-fi" version. does that mean i have to sit at the back of the bus?

Get out of the bus seat and click on the options tab near the top right of the page (under new topic tab) and select "standard" :hmm:

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Dear Kim :)

Yes,i have seen that a couple of times...this happens only when i visit pages from google search.So all i have to do is close the borrasower and make a fresh start of the page that i want to see directly going to palmtalk.org/

love,

Kris :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

You mean this?

You have a link on the bottom of the main page. http://www.palmtalk.org/forum/lofiversion/index.php/f1.html

It says Lo-Fi Version

island Vis, adriatic sea, Croatia. Zone 9b/10a

Temperature low last winter: -0.9°C/30.4 F

Temperature low this winter: -0.3°C/31.5 F

-Creating my own little palm heaven-

I just can't help but hear Dave Chapelle's voice when I read the topic title...

:lol:

You made me laugh. That guy is funny, I can imagine him riffin' on the title...

No guys, not the lo-fi version, although I have stumbled on that before. Everything is normal except it is not blue. Must be the filtering system at the office playing games with me.

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.