IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Copernicia alba

EllisB

• 15 years later...

Respectfully this post is from over 15 years ago, and they haven't even been online here in nearly five years. It's safe to say are they are not available. I took the liberty of going to their website and they don't have any in stock either.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2023 at 7:00 PM, Newpalmguy2769 said:

Still available 

I have seeds collected earlier this year, if you’re interested.

7 hours ago, Bigfish said:

I have seeds collected earlier this year, if you’re interested.

Were they of the blue variant ? Thanks 

13 hours ago, Meangreen94z said:

Were they of the blue variant ? Thanks 

Just plain ol’ Copernicia alba.  They all look slightly bluish to me.  I actually didn’t realize there was a separate, blue variant.  Do you have a link?

19 minutes ago, Bigfish said:

Just plain ol’ Copernicia alba.  They all look slightly bluish to me.  I actually didn’t realize there was a separate, blue variant.  Do you have a link?

I bought these from North Texas Cold Hardy Palms before they went out of business. I believe they got the seeds from Christian Faulkner.

F01AB7C9-A1AB-4BD1-AFEA-D32F870AD0BD.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Meangreen94z said:

I bought these from North Texas Cold Hardy Palms before they went out of business. I believe they got the seeds from Christian Faulkner.

I think they all have a silver-bluish hue to the leaves, but that does look slightly more blue than normal.  Mine are probably normal.  I don’t recall anything outstandingly different about them.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2023 at 7:49 PM, Meangreen94z said:

This kills me.  He brought one of these for me on his last Houston run but I was watching my texts and he was messaging me on here.  I didnt realize until after he left.  This guy changed my whole outlook on buying plants.  If I see something I want I buy it immediately. He had so much stuff I was planning on getting but ultimately never had the chance.  It's a shame.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Keys6505 said:

This kills me.  He brought one of these for me on his last Houston run but I was watching my texts and he was messaging me on here.  I didnt realize until after he left.  This guy changed my whole outlook on buying plants.  If I see something I want I buy it immediately. He had so much stuff I was planning on getting but ultimately never had the chance.  It's a shame.

You definitely had to be on your toes. His runs could go from “maybe in 3 weeks” to “on my way now” in a 24 hour period. A lot of guys couldn’t handle his way of operating but for the patient and dedicated he was gold. Between the 2021 freeze and Covid we’ve lost a lot of options. Thankfully guys like BigFish are stepping up. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1