IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Hangin' Bridges

putu enjula

Come on people! I saw a lot of people with cameras... be nice and share!

Heeeeere's Johnny!!!

post-1234-1211063248_thumb.jpg

post-1234-1211063288_thumb.jpg

********Angela**********

Kailua_Kona.gif

Kailua_Kona.gif

Check out Palmpedia

Here's a pic from along the Hanging Bridges trail. This palm had fallen over and was cut to clear the pathway.

DSC_0023.jpg

Formerly Jeff in Costa Rica

Another Iriartea shot with people on a bridge for scale. The fronds on these palms are massive!

DSC_0041-1.jpg

And a bird flying in front of the Arenal Volcano

Sorry for the dirty lens. I kept cleaning it everyday and can't figure out where the smudge marks are coming from.

DSC_0122-1.jpg

The volcano.

And a lovely name for a tunnel...

Let me guess. You walk in the tunnel.. startle a Pitviper, he jumps.. you jump, he jumps more - hence, Jumping Pitviper Tunnel! :lol:

Another shot of Arenal from the Hanging Bridges Parking lot.

DSC_0196.jpg

Angela,

Do you have vultures in Hawaii? I see that Costa Rica has a good number of them, if the above pictures are any indication. Around my parts they sort of keep road kill under control. I like their name here, Urubu. They are sort of an ever present part of the landscape around here. One of great things about vultures is that you can tell when it is going to rain for sure. They head for a tree and perch until the rain passes.

dk

Don Kittelson

LIFE ON THE RIO NEGRO

03° 06' 07'' South 60° 01' 30'' West

Altitude 92 Meters / 308 feet above sea level

1,500 kms / 932 miles to the mouth of the Amazon River

Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil - A Cidade da Floresta

Where the world´s largest Tropical Rainforest embraces the Greatest Rivers in the World. .

82331.gif

Click here to visit Amazonas

amazonas2.jpg

Angela,

Do you have vultures in Hawaii? I see that Costa Rica has a good number of them, if the above pictures are any indication. Around my parts they sort of keep road kill under control. I like their name here, Urubu. They are sort of an ever present part of the landscape around here. One of great things about vultures is that you can tell when it is going to rain for sure. They head for a tree and perch until the rain passes.

dk

No vultures here... only the endangered Hawai'i Hawk. I have a few mediocre shots of it in my birdie thread.

********Angela**********

Kailua_Kona.gif

Kailua_Kona.gif

Check out Palmpedia