IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Summer started already

NBTX11

As usual, we skip right past spring and go straight to summer in South Texas in Mar/Apr.  It was 105F (40C) in Laredo yesterday, 104 in McAllen, 101 in Kingsville and Alice, 96 in San Antonio and so on.  The 90 degree heat surged all the way north to North TX, was 88F in Wichita Falls along the Oklahoma border.  Another hot day today (90-100) throughout most of South TX from San Antonio to the Mexico border.

Hot here too but I hear an Artic front is on it's way.What is the High in Presidio?

What you look for is what is looking

A lovely 82F here today!  The weather was absolutely perfect!

Larry 

Palm Harbor, FL 10a / Ft Myers, FL 10b

I could not believe Galveston hit 87 today.  The previous record for today was 78 set back in 1880 something, and the previous record high for the entire MONTH of March was 85, set in 1879.  The next highest temp we've had so far this month was a lowly 73.

Zone 10B, starting 07/01/2013

(surgeon83 @ Mar. 15 2008,19:43)

I could not believe Galveston hit 87 today.  The previous record for today was 78 set back in 1880 something, and the previous record high for the entire MONTH of March was 85, set in 1879.  The next highest temp we've had so far this month was a lowly 73.

85!?!  We ge 85+ every month of the year here in interior S TX.  That gulf really keeps you cool in Galveston.  Of course you don't get the big cold fronts we get either.  85 is just an average run of the mill spring day here.  San Antonio has been as high as 100F in February before.

Jim, Not too hasty.That Artic front coming from the West threatens to limit your High temperatures to the upper 80's to lower 90's. Winter still lurks.

What you look for is what is looking

(bubba @ Mar. 16 2008,12:27)

Jim, Not too hasty.That Artic front coming from the West threatens to limit your High temperatures to the upper 80's to lower 90's. Winter still lurks.

Today it was only around 80.  Average high is about 75F and rising fast, adding a degree every 3-4 days.

hey there texans hows the weather in central texas?? here the weather went down to the 90s but VERY high winds...so high that a guy in a port a potty flipped over in there and i was laughing none stop :P

Holy crap! ahah, no pun intended. We've been getting a lot of wind the past two days, gusts upwards 35mph. I just wish things would dry out!

(palmsrgreat @ Mar. 18 2008,21:47)

Holy crap! ahah, no pun intended. We've been getting a lot of wind the past two days, gusts upwards 35mph. I just wish things would dry out!

Supposed to dry out and get sunny the next few days, temps around 80F.

You guys are running a little warmer than us.   Never did get any rain yesterday, but it cooled down and we still have a nice brisk wind blowing.

Today

Mar 19  Partly Cloudy / Wind

64°/46° 20%  Precip

From the West Northwest

21mph

Check Boat & Beach Forecast

Thu

Mar 20  Sunny

71°/47° 10%  Precip

From the Northeast

10mph

Fri

Mar 21  Mostly Sunny

76°/54° 10%  Precip

From the Southeast

8mph

Sat

Mar 22  Partly Cloudy

78°/56° 10%  Precip

From the Northeast

6mph

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

(spockvr6 @ Mar. 15 2008,17:56)

A lovely 82F here today!  The weather was absolutely perfect!

same here, 80 for the high yesterday, 83 today and the rest of the week 82-85 degrees and dry(~20%), as good as it gets.  This time of year its more comfortable than Hawaii, at least for a month or so.  It makes me want to take some vacation days.

Formerly in Gilbert AZ, zone 9a/9b. Now in Palmetto, Florida Zone 9b/10a??

Tom Blank