IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

College Football for Palm Nuts

bubba

Momentum in CFB now changes at the speed of a bullet shot from a 30 ought 6. Buckle your seat belts!

What you look for is what is looking

• 2 weeks later...

Bubba,

Who is going to be our next coach?

CSU guy?

Trying to catch lightning twice out of the Mountain West huh? :)

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

"Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are."

-- Alfred Austin

• 9 months later...

It may be too early to "tee it up" now but I like my Gators!

I had a feeling one of you Gator boys would open this thread back up after the fast start. Sounds like recruiting has already picked up. 

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

-- Alfred Austin

• 1 month later...

Well I'm stoked. Looks like Mark Right will be the University of Miami's new Head Football Coach. Welcome home Mark!!!

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

Moose, I think Richt is a great hire for Miami. He is an alumni and I believe Georgia will look back at his loss as a large tragedy. Some of the Miami faithful may have been looking for a return of Jimmy Johnson and gangland but those days have come and gone.

Notwithstanding Florida's loss to Florida State, I am greatly enjoying Coach Mac and the outstanding staff. I am hopeful that we can exploit some of the Georgia uncertainty for some talent deficits created by Chump. It is always good when the Big Three in Florida are back in the game. "Buckle your seat belts"(the last words by the announcer before the kickoff in the Muck Bowl). Jackrabbits/ how many did you run down?

We had our shot to get rid of the madman and blew it.  Here's to another talent rich lackluster season.

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

18 hours ago, _Keith said:

We had our shot to get rid of the madman and blew it.  Here's to another talent rich lackluster season.

Things just got much more competitive in the ACC. And the SEC got weaker. There is a huge amount of talent from Orlando South. The Canes are going to take back our territory with the hiring of Mark Richt. That is going to thin the SEC talent that came from this area.

Moose, Richt is a great guy and great coach. That stated, he would be the first to tell you that the talent in the ACC does not approach SEC talent. It was a large reason that Fisher had no desire to go to LSU. For more clarification, please check NFL statistics.

Do not bet the farm that the hiring of Richt guarantees a return to "circle Miami/Gangland". Recruits in So Fla have many more choices and are much more inclined to matriculate away from the Gables. These young recruits were twinkles in their mother's eye during the lure of Miami/Gangland. I am not saying Richt will not do well. Only times, they are a changin.

Lots of coaching change for the usual suspects that post here. Use, FL, Miami and maybe LSU? Could still happen. 

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

-- Alfred Austin

8 hours ago, LJG said:

Lots of coaching change for the usual suspects that post here. Use, FL, Miami and maybe LSU? Could still happen. 

Miles has lovers and haters and not much in between.   As for me, I think he has been lucky, but not good, and certainly not great.  LSU could do way better for the money he is bringing down.

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

• 2 weeks later...

Second half of Florida's season has been incredibly painful to watch, even in their wins.  Going to be interesting to see what happens at quarterback for UF next season.  Jake Del Rio, freshman phenom, Treon.....?

I like Les Miles.  You have a stable coaching situation with a proven winner.  He definitely has a touch of crazy.  Barring a losing season, I'm guessing he gets a couple more years to "turn it around", however that is measured by the LSU fan base and boosters.  My in-laws are all from Louisiana and HUGE LSU fans and I get an earful whenever football comes up....

USCali situation is just bizarre.

I hope Mike Leach is at Washington State long term.  Always a chance for something awesome to come out of his mouth.  Kinda the same thing Spurrier had going on with a little more Rainman tossed in.

Jason

Gainesville, Florida

There is only one USC tank. ;)

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

-- Alfred Austin

12 hours ago, tank said:

Second half of Florida's season has been incredibly painful to watch, even in their wins.  Going to be interesting to see what happens at quarterback for UF next season.  Jake Del Rio, freshman phenom, Treon.....?

I like Les Miles.  You have a stable coaching situation with a proven winner.  He definitely has a touch of crazy.  Barring a losing season, I'm guessing he gets a couple more years to "turn it around", however that is measured by the LSU fan base and boosters.  My in-laws are all from Louisiana and HUGE LSU fans and I get an earful whenever football comes up....

USCali situation is just bizarre.

I hope Mike Leach is at Washington State long term.  Always a chance for something awesome to come out of his mouth.  Kinda the same thing Spurrier had going on with a little more Rainman tossed in.

I like Les Miles as well. Would not have objected if he was available and was selected as the University of Miami coach.

But we have Richt, which I am extremely grateful for. The UM program was faltering into the abyss. We are fortunate to have someone with his character and coaching ability. Let us finish in the top 10, perhaps win an ACC title I'd be ecstatic. I just wanna see the Canes play good football again.