Sign in to follow this  
Gileno Machado

Palm Garden in Sergipe, Brazil

Jason Baker Portugal

Hey Gileno, What is that sites name that is in portuguese? Please tell Liana that "A desejo muito prazer com o cultivo das suas palmeiras e parabéns"

Jason

Nigel

(Gileno Machado @ Jan. 30 2008,17:20)

Liana and the Cyrtostachys glauca she gave me

Com certeza, Liana é a mais perfeito mulher do mundo.

Gileno, you mention the palm admiradores,  is their a palm forum to visit ?

Gileno Machado

Not yet a specific forum, Nigel, unfortunetly...but please join this Yahoo group...many southerners there and lots of Butia lovers...

A small group of Palm affictionates (6 or 7) from NE Brazil had a meeting recently in Recife and thought of starting a Brazilian association. This event was even announced in the Palms (IPS) magazine. They've invited me to participate and I'll be glad to, as long as I'm not the President, because my busy professional life won't allow a closer dedication. My vote was for Liana, and we will try to attract other heavyweight palmgrowers from São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro too, as well as the Southerners, from Rio Grande do Sul, Santa Catarina and Paraná (Hello Alberto...). We have several amazing private palm collections in Brazil, sometimes located at the most unexpected places, like Goiás state, near Brasília, Uberlândia (Minas Gerais), Bahia, etc, etc...This Country is so big and diversified...everything is so far away though...The Yahoo group is very interesting and cyclic: sometimes we can have lots of input in a single day and then silence for almost a week...It's incredible for me that in the last 5 years we haven't had anyone from Rio or São Paulo joining Palmtalk...I feel lonely here sometimes...if it wasn't for Don in Manaus and Alberto in Paraná we could think that no one likes and cultivates palms in the number one palmy country of the planet... :P  but then there's Kris...a solitary palmnut in India subcontinent...Oh well...

Nigel

It will be really nice to join a Brazilian group , it will help my portuguese immensely.

Exotic Life

Fantastic picture's in this treath! Thanks for sharing them.

Robbin