IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Kris Wedding Album !

Kris

one more ritual called Kasi Samaradhana..Meaning that the boy is angry with his uncle for not helping him to find a right girl as his wife for his life !  :)

in the first still the boy is readied to leave for kasi,and for your information people who go to kasi,its a indication that the person will become a sadhu(Mendicant)who will remounce earthly desires & good luxurious food..

caea945d.jpg

25b02c65.jpg

this is a still as the boy makes a scene,that he wants to get married right away or else he will leave to Kasi ?

01f03fe8.jpg

Then the priest asks one of my uncle's to passify me and ashure me that a girl has been found and marriage will take place in matter of few minutes..And so request me to drop my trip to kasi and to lead a life of a married man.. :)

30d5d95c.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Now lets go to Anith's room and see wheather she is ready for this function.. :cool:

324d415a.jpg

1f9be115.jpg

And as i have told before,her neice never left Anitha even for a while.. :D

a6c04ea1.jpg

And Ania,i hope you love the indian dressing & costumes !  :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Now lets go back to the boy's camp,and see what is kris doing there ! And the old lady seen doing the rituals is my Mom's eldest sister..

dad12e1b.jpg

bafed938.jpg

0ebeac5a.jpg

c04d2184.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Kris,

Great pictures!

The lady (your cousin) helping you with things looks very different from the other women.  She almost looks Caucasian and not Indian.

Palmmermaid

Kitty Philips

West Palm Beach, FL

Here the same for Kris..

b0e8b8ab.jpg

759e0835.jpg

A group photo of the specific memebers who took part in the kasi Samaradhana ritual & they are all blood related to me..

bfbcf2c5.jpg

And in this photo you can see that kris is holding a stick with beetle nut inflorescene in it..it just symbolysis that iam the bridegroom.. :cool:

0d43ba99.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

once again few rituals..

df1023d1.jpg

aa2442ce.jpg

My cousin and i are getting ready for the formal entry into that marriage hall..for the wedding function !

255ea0a3.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Now the bride's family are all geared up to invite me & my entire family in to the marriage hall..

95c2e985.jpg

Look here Kris is also waiting to be invited...

04c4f885.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

my cousion holding a make-up set to give it to the bride,to beautify herself,before the actual marriage function takes place..

86198c67.jpg

here is the close-up of the items that she is carrying..this is purely symbolic & not of any actual use though !

3783db4a.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Now lets see the men's part of the rituals..

f2659ab8.jpg

My dad being invited by anitha's uncle,who is conducting this marriage on behalf of her parents..

4df0d3f3.jpg

cbc8f0f8.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Now the bridegroom & his sister's feet are washed..here as per the tradition,the bridegroom & his family would have walked all the way from their city or house to this marriage hall so,it is coustomery & for hygine purpose this ritual is performed..only then the entire bridegroon's family is permitted into the wedding hall !

d4ac102b.jpg

f90130a3.jpg

00aa73cf.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Here a tumbler or a glass of water mixed with termarric powder is  turned around the bridegroom & his sister,this is a belief that it wards of all bad omen & ill things from entering the marriage hall..

74d56de7.jpg

My aunty offering flowers to her counterpart !

8b167144.jpg

Now she is offering Sindhoor or kunkum & termarric to Ani's relatives..

de306d39.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Dear Kitty Philips  :)

thanks for your comments,and my cousin is very much indian,and i must tell you that fair complexioned people look as you have pointed out ! and i do not know why...but they look beautiful & cut above the rest... :laugh:

I have not finished my album yet..their is a long way to go still ! :D So stay tuned..

lots of love to you,

Kris  :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Now the boy is garlanded and invited into the wedding cermoney formally and the boy is taken inside the marriage hall & is made to sit on the marriage stage set(Dias)..the following stills are self explainatory..

7206136d.jpg

4b2cf45d.jpg

c9fc6478.jpg

7418b853.jpg

And by the way the welcoming of the boy is done in a cermonious way with all the persussion music instruments & flute kind of music instrument.so as friends & relatives gathered inside the hall will know that the bridegroom has arrived !  :cool:

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Now the boy's relatives are asked to sit and relax and cool drinks are served..and the girl's relatives take a hand held fan and breeze some cool air for the seated persons..Just a tradition(since their were celing fan in place.but this is being followed from ancient vedic times..

f8c21e11.jpg

49f995d9.jpg

9e8f32cd.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Dear Wal..this is a still of my clang,but can you notice your favouriate CocoNuts placed in front of them in the ground.. ???

f09c07ec.jpg

Some cow's milk is given as refreshments to the bridegroom & his sis..

7bf3d8fb.jpg

And as i told you before,that stick is once again given in the boy's hand and asked to hold on till the following rituals are over !  :P

d4a28f91.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

these are the main items to conduct the marriage other than a boy & a girl..here their is the wedding saree,Mangal sutra,beetle nut infloresence,and some dried grass that grows near our coastal sea-shores ! placed in the ammity of relatives and it is circulated to every seated indugual for then to touch it and bless it..

e53123ca.jpg

Now both the parites sit down & listen few slokas & vedic leactures on life etc..mostly were in sanskrit which was understable only to few...here are the stills of that discourse..

8743c84c.jpg

db12570c.jpg

A long shot of who are all seated here..

aac767f8.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Look at these utensils,this will be used by me,in the forthcoming rituals which i will have to perform..during this marriage function !

47c0f8ba.jpg

the following stills are now rituals involving only Ani & her family memebers...So you wan't find much of me in there ?

1342b2f8.jpg

01940a50.jpg

6d8c3966.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Now we see the marriage saree & the needed accesseries are formally given by the girl's parents(Nominated) to the girl..and asked to dress-up for this main wedding function,that is going to be held in just few minutes time..

ea172c5a.jpg

Caught in a very joyful mood !  :cool:

f212bfb5.jpg

Some rituals for girl only..

3dcb0d22.jpg

Ani's mom..

09f968b3.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Kris...you Maharajah !!!

My wife Barbara is always fascinated by your pictures, since the other engagement thread. She has e-mailed the link to several of her friends here. She loved the dressings and rituals too.

I`ll tell you...you`re a lucky Man...Anitha is the prettiest girl of all...she always looks so confident and relaxed. I know she is native from another town, Bangalore. Are there many cultural differences between Madras and Bangalore? (in terms of culinary, language accent, way of living, etc?). Are you living close to your parents now?  

Once again congratulations, and keep the pictures coming...

Sirinhaém beach, 80 Km south of Recife - Brazil

Tropical oceanic climate, latitude 8° S

Temperature extremes: 25 to 31°C

2000 mm average rainfall, dry summers

Dear Brother Gileno  :)

thanks & very glad to know that your family memebers & friends also visited this post & enjoyed this event.. :)

And yes,i & anitha are living in the same house with my mom & dad,i must say the house is big enough for all of us..And my parents want us to stay with them and that was one reson why they did n't send me to U.S for higher education..in the past.

And as for taking stills of our area & locality i will try since natives don't love to be covered by a locals,that is if foreginers take sanps the cops & people will cooperate,but that is not the case for other.but i will try...!

And i must tell you all that,this is an arranged marriage conducted by my & anitha's parents ! and we both belong to the same community,caste,language..etc. And she is also vegetarian as we are.only thing is she was brought up in karnataka state while i grew up in Tamil-nadu state..

I must tell this that those relatives who attended our wedding made the same comments as you did."that iam a lucky man".Since i was not commited to marriage all these years..And seeing the joys & happiness in my parents face during the event,i cannot explain that experience..!

Iam glad that i made my choice in life.. :)

And Gileno,stay tuned since the above stills are just the begning of that lovely function !

thanks & love,

Kris  :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Here is the special saree given my parents to the bride and this saree is worn as a thick thread side ways from the neck over a regular saree.and the priests prepare the saree into that form reciting all the slokas & mantras..(Asking the blessing of the Gods)..

206bf406.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Now lets see the bridegroom alone related rituals..

3b92d9dd.jpg

0ef2e74f.jpg

Some pampering of the bridegroom.. ??? How is that..?

c299171f.jpg

:cool:

bbe098d1.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Now you can see that in one of the stills there were vessels & utensils placed,now you can see what work they are performing in the following stills..

fbe6a124.jpg

c535a133.jpg

6b7de68f.jpg

3125c463.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

This is my uncle taking me to my designated room till iam called for my rituals..And you can see iam holding that stick  :P

b687f5a2.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Now those items that i mentioned earlier is formally given to the bride's cousin by my dad...requesting him to bring the bride over to the marriage main dias(Stage) !here i think you can notice the twisted saree that the prieasts have prepared is in that plate.

dbbf828a.jpg

143cedfd.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Now lets go over to Anitha's camp,and see how things are taking shape there..

Here you can see that her cousin has handed over the plate that my dad has given him and the women folks from both the sides are preparing the girl for the big event(Marriage)!

c03b7c5c.jpg

the basic needed black beaded chain is worn

6e9a814b.jpg

Some last minute make-up being done by my cousin..

a4c9bf8f.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Anitha is made to wear the toe ring on her feet,this item is also sent by my dad in that plate given to her cousin brother!

de8f063f.jpg

Here ani's aunty is trying to put those rings in ani's toes..

ccf42144.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif