IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Kris Wedding Album !

Kris

Dear Friends  :)

Sorry for the delay in posting these Wedding Album stills,since at that time the Off Topic Sub Forum did not exist,during that period,so their was no hurry for me to procure the photo_Cd from my wife Anitha's Family..

And another bottle neck i had was the uploading speeds,though i have a broadband ADSL connection of 512Kpbs,that speed is only for downloads,while my uploading speeds was no more than just 120Kpbs,when asked i was told that for domestic connection this is how it is..

And first off all i must sinserely thank Mr.Bo Goran & the present committe & Our modulator for trying to bring in some kind of off topic sub forum..

And iam doing this for my brother M@ximus & My brother Gileano Michado... :)

the stills that are comming your way is all that is seen in my marriage album,nothing less..nothing more ! And all are

invited to speak your mind and comments,suggestions & critisium are all welcome_i promise i will not feel offended..so speak your mind... :D

And by the way all the stills are sourced from the photobucket account and they are not downsized,so i would request that memebrs with broadband & large sized monitors will be greatly benefitted.since i did not have time to resize my stills to make it less than 105Kb..for direct uploading into this site_so kindly apologise for this minor hazzle ! And the stills were all shot by a proffessional photographer using Nikon D-70 wIth External Flash unit.

Okay shall we go to Kris Wedding Album ?

And those who have missed my engagement stills,and wish to see it kindly visit this link..

http://palmtalk.org/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboar...=ST;f=21;t=8607

Lots of love,

Kris  :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

3 major events are conducted in an hindu wedding..the day before that actual wedding,that evening the boy's & the girl's

relatives meet and pray to god for his grace and blessings,so as the entire marriage work goes on fine without any hassel.

here are the stills of that day(Evening)..

af8151f7.jpg

here is kris seated along with his family memebrs most of whom are his peternal uncle's..

08d5638a.jpg

Here is Anitha with here Aunty..

43d8e16d.jpg

Love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Now in this still you can see Ani's Aunty bring Ani to introduce her to all my family memebers,so she's is made to sit beside me while all my relatives will come towards us for that formal introduction given by me !

90062edf.jpg

her Aunty shares a joke with Ani & Me..

81e171f0.jpg

And people seen behind me are all my relatives_Kith & Kin  :P

148ed36c.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

239c25c8.jpg

This is Anitha's cousion brother & myself having a lighter moment !  :;):

2fc81947.jpg

Now anitha is seated along with her relatives..

52c15b14.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Now stills of that prayer function event...the still seen below is the offering kept to please the Gods..! And there-by getting his grace & blessings !  ???

220901dd.jpg

This still is of anitha along with her uncle & Aunty who are the onces conducting this marriage on behalf of her parents ! her mother is alive but father is no more..

73152ec3.jpg

Now in this still we have Kris,his mom & his dad,also his close relatives standing for the commencement of the prayer function..

478d0780.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Here in this still the Lady wearing red and green saree in the front is Ani's mother..

b990467b.jpg

Here you can see how happy my mom is ? since all these years i really was not commited to Wed-Lock ! so i must tell that she is the most happiest person on that evening !  :)

4026a042.jpg

This ritual of slizing the vegetables before God's is the finish of the prayer event and all cooking & food preparation for that day's dinner commences..

495981bf.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Kris:

Lovely pictures. I love those colorful saris.

My daughter went to her high school prom in a sari. Every girl wore the standard little black dress or the "regular" prom attire but Joanna stood out  like a colorful humming bird.

You two make a lovely couple! All the best to both of you.

Ania

Ania

Houston, TX

zone 9a

"God in his wisdom made the fly

And then forgot to tell us why"

-Ogden Nash

Kris!

Thanks for sharing this solemn, yet joyous occasion!

More pictures?

LOVE IT.

dave

P.S.  Of course, have a long, glorious life together!

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Kris, thanks for sharing the pictures of your wedding.  I enjoy seeing how different cultures celebrate these occasions.  All the best to you and your bride!

Formerly Jeff in Costa Rica

Kris,

Thanks a lot for sharing all these photos from this very memorable occasion. The very best wishes to you and your bride! :)

Bo-Göran

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

Dear Ania,Dave & Jeff  :)

thanks for your sweet comments...And iam uploading the entire album..iam now syncronising the stills with the onces taken by by brother during that event..so need some time..

stay tuned for more stills..

thanks & love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

:) Hi Kris,

WoW, Thank-you for sharing such a Beautiful

Special day with us,

I feel honnered, What Beautiful Photo's and

So colourful.

God Bless you and your wife, And many Happy

Days together, (& children to follow,) You can

feel the love just from the photo's.

Best Wishes  Kris & Anitha,

Regards Mike.   :)

M.H.Edwards

"Living in the Tropic's

And loving it".............. smilie.gif

Kris - great pictures.   Thanks for sharing.   Best of luck.   I am sure you received lots of advice from relatives , so I will spare you my "wisdom".

Kent in Kansas.

Gowing palm trees in the middle of the country - Kansas.

It's hot in the summer (usually) and cold in the winter (always).

The best of everything life offers to you and your new bride!    Randy

"If you need me, I'll be outside" -Randy Wiesner Palm Beach County, Florida Zone 10Bish

Sorry I missed this Kris

Congratulations

" Shaadi Mubarak ho"

Best wishes to you and your wife!

Clayton

Sunshine Coast Queensland Australia

Minimum 3.C -------- maximum 43.C Average Annual Rainfall 1700mm

IPS Membership since 1991

PLANT MORE PALMS TO SOOTH THE SOUL

www.utopiapalmsandcycads.com

Beautiful Kris. I nearly have a tear in my eye everytime I see these ceremonies, I figure there is hope for me yet!

God Bless all your families.

Bill

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Dear Bo Goran,Mike,Kent,Randy... :)

thanks for your greeting & best wishes..and if some are elder to me,i would take it as blessings from you to us..!

lots of love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Dear Clayton  :)

thanks for the hindi greetings & best wishes..it seems you have got their lots of north indian friends... :)

Dear Bill  :)

i must say that its never late to try ! and i think there is also a song by lioneal ritche..

And believe me even in those bussy marriage schedule,i was thinking about you & scotty...and i think you know why ! let me not eleborate any further..but living a life as single person is a very painful affair..since internally we happen to feel we are lonely in this life !even though one could have a half dozen great friends around..

So take this as a wake-up call,even i commited to married life only after seeing beautiful stills of kids of our forum memebers..let me open up to you,i was literelly in tears,and my palm seeds germination thread started looking silly to me ! since why i did not consider my seed germination.. :(

And arroagont Giant with no brains of its own(Me) has been passified and guided to its real destiny by our froum memebers attitudes & their families..And iam proud to say i have changed a lot and still changing... :)

And my marriage has really brought emmence joy in my mom's face,you can see that in the stills of this thread !And hypothetically speaking lets say this transformation had come to me when my parents have gone..iam shure my inner emotions would have been in war with me..god has saved me even from that guilt too...Since i reallised that the greatest well-wisher of a child is its Mom !

Love and Be loved !

love conquers all..

43278.gif

From here the stills are taken with my canon camrea by my little brother with help of its in built flash,so bare with me on the clarity.for continuty sake i have added our stills..Here is still of my aunty with her grand children !

b520d716.jpg

Ani's aunty having a word with my mom & mon's sister

0a16e1f3.jpg

the persons seen here are my cousion sisters..

816ae086.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

this is my cousin sister,she is the main person who will be assisting me in all the marriage rituals during the wedding function that is held the following day morning !

1c6591a8.jpg

this my aunty,father's younger brother's wife..

fab80d1c.jpg

this is a still of my cousin sister & her little kid

5b4782a5.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

I think you all know who this little guy is,if you have visited my engagement stills you certainly would know who they are..

4c854e5b.jpg

8506058a.jpg

72c03026.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

the hall where the marriage was held,was dedicated to goddesses Durga..Hence the marriage hall was named as

bhavani Marriage hall..And so its image is place in top of the marriage dias..

673fd8ee.jpg

One more close-up,this still goes out to my friend Tad..

b43912b6.jpg

This is a group photo of my very close blood relatives...

a713744a.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

my relatives...

4a590453.jpg

Ladies club... :laugh:

d057d6c3.jpg

Relatives & guest still comming in..late arrivals to the function !my dad welcoming them in..

a13047c0.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

All kids want to have fun !  :D

067e912f.jpg

Kris Getting blessings from his distant grand mom,she is my Dad's Aunty !

2b440102.jpg

86d6cd6d.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Kris and Ani,and by the way you can notice that only i have garland on my neck,since this function is a welocme party hosted by the girl's family..And only on the marriage day both the girl & the boy will be wearing the garland around the necks..

35bbcac7.jpg

Relatives..

be564465.jpg

this is a still of my cousin's Kid,Whom we used to call him as the naughty boy !  :laugh:

6b5accbc.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Now let's move on to Day 2 and this is when the actual marriage ritual takes place..

here is my still taken in that day early morning..

a6ea1ad6.jpg

this is Anitha's still..

e36aa116.jpg

And this is the dias where the marriage is to be conducted in just few hours time..

9d708394.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

this is a still of Anitha's Niece,this is also a Naughty Kid ! And was very insistant that she too be dressed in the fashion of a bride and was with Ani all the time..

66f6295c.jpg

5444f3bc.jpg

62b63eb6.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

the following still are dedicated to Gina & Tatoo lovers..but this is Mehandhi drawings,it lasts only for 2 months.And later it has to be redone,if need be ! and this has become a compulsory feature of indian wedding traditions..

8631580f.jpg

16e88ff9.jpg

28e9820d.jpg

And mehandhi on her feet too !  ???

9ab45787.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Ani waiting for me !  :P

2422e824.jpg

this long shot of Ani's costome & attire for Ania..since she & her daughter love indian sarees.. :)

b2a9c5c8.jpg

And this is Kris,he's getting ready ! And bill don't ask for what..?  :;):

93a90643.jpg

this is my cousin sister in her costume,all prepared to conduct this function !  :)

523d9b0b.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Here is the offering to the God...

df4ccee7.jpg

Ani's family offering prayers to the god

b21b7942.jpg

Another still of that same event..

b623536f.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Now all rituals begin and the stills are self explainatery...

4d118769.jpg

2c43fd63.jpg

All my kith & kin standing & watching me over !

64dd5dfd.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Now iam asked to sit beside the preist to perform some rites..

05a89ae7.jpg

This is just a shaving gesture..in ancient times the boy who comes from the neighbouring village on bullock cart or by walk will have to take bath,clean his nails,dress-up neatly and also under-go a neat & clean shave of his facial hairs(Ref.to beard),if it has grown..

355bb6bd.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Now the boy is dressed-up and few ornaments added on his body and some kind of make-up & cosmetics are done to the boy by his very close relatives..

here in the still below is of kris's Aunty..

43677279.jpg

The person seen here is my cousin..

ccec2540.jpg

She is also my cousion but she is the conductor of this marriage function..She is doing some make-up for me.. :laugh:

ec5d798d.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Here is the caste thread own by the brahmin boy's,from the time of his adolesence,the boy wear only one set of those thread around but on the marriage day the boy is given an addition one set of threads..this is a identification feature that the male is married and not a eligible bachelor anymore..!  :(  

2a263d80.jpg

bbf7acce.jpg

And by the way watch kris face & his costume,since their will be gradual changes to his entire out fit in the following stills..

love conquers all..

43278.gif