IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Palm Beach!  Holly Holy

DoomsDave

Howdyall:

I went to Palm Beach at the effusive invitation of Bubba where he talked me into his office after my (self-imposed) confusion . . .

It's a well-to-do place, sorry I have to remember how to act! :)

Bubba and his colleagues greeted me at his office (pic'd below, I think!) with such marvelously effusive warmth I had to check and be sure they didn't mean someone else . . . .

LOL

A wonderful tour ensued . . . .

Bubba and I got sandwiches, then roared through PB (Bubba!  You'd make a GREAT taxi driver, in the good sense, get 'em there, with care!)

post-208-1200461820_thumb.jpg

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

But wait!

A few before pictures, as I milled about in self-imposed confusion . . . .

post-208-1200461888_thumb.jpg

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

And another, I swooned in the front seat, secreted all over the Trusty Hyundai . . .

post-208-1200461938_thumb.jpg

Oh, no!  Stop it!

post-208-1200461966_thumb.jpg

Mommeeee!

post-208-1200462022_thumb.jpg

Oomph!

post-208-1200462083_thumb.jpg

A TRUCK?  IN PALM BEACH!?  EGAD!

post-208-1200462136_thumb.jpg

Ficus benjy hedge, as Bubba and I schlep to the shoppe for some food . . . .

post-208-1200462234_thumb.jpg

Street scene . . . .

post-208-1200462281_thumb.jpg

An' 'nother . . .

post-208-1200462314_thumb.jpg

Another street scene

post-208-1200462442_thumb.jpg

The Breakers?

I don't remember . . . .

Bubba, correct me . . . .

post-208-1200462492_thumb.jpg

Canal view, lush luxe . . .

post-208-1200462525_thumb.jpg

Nyah, this is a respectable joint, nyah?  Shee?

Nyah?

post-208-1200462569_thumb.jpg

Another canal . .. .

Not the ailimentary . . .

post-208-1200462606_thumb.jpg

Guess who's house this is?

Rhymes with Ronald Dump . . . .

post-208-1200462693_thumb.jpg

A gate, clearly meant to keep us out! :P

post-208-1200462749_thumb.jpg

Dang, nice house.

Jimmy Buffet's?

post-208-1200462794_thumb.jpg

On the Booley by the Sea . . . .

Ah!

post-208-1200462831_thumb.jpg

Posh apartments with

GASP!

Jamaican tall coconuts!!!!

:;):  :;):  :;):

post-208-1200462884_thumb.jpg

Meglamania-mansion.

Cosmetics queen?  Estee Lauder . . ?

post-208-1200462949_thumb.jpg

Apartments . . .

TOO POSH B'gosh, hee hee hee

post-208-1200463000_thumb.jpg

Fancy 'scrapers o'sky

post-208-1200463038_thumb.jpg

We found a house . . .

post-208-1200463085_thumb.jpg

I swooned over the front . . .

post-208-1200463136_thumb.jpg

We crept into the backyard

SOOO BEVERLY HILLS!

post-208-1200463219_thumb.jpg

Bubba and Bottle

post-208-1200463295_thumb.jpg

Pritchardtia!

Bubba?

No LY yet, say amen, Hail Mary, etc.

post-208-1200463456_thumb.jpg

View o'water

post-208-1200463532_thumb.jpg

Through the cut

post-208-1200463575_thumb.jpg

nice joint, Nya?

post-208-1200463609_thumb.jpg

Wall of D. lutes

post-208-1200463653_thumb.jpg

Royals!

Majesty . . . .

post-208-1200463695_thumb.jpg

Old Skool Jamaican tall

Note the crampon holes, the Shoe for scale . . .

post-208-1200463762_thumb.jpg

Coconuts, this ain't Newport Beach, darlings!

post-208-1200463862_thumb.jpg

Gonna stop for now . . .

Sweet photos!  Looks like home to me!  The building in post 12 is def. not the Breakers...  In thinking about... I think it may be a hotel, but not the Breakers...   Dave, You seem to have had a great time touring Florida!  It's really cool that you were able to run over to "The Island" and see all those HUGE royals.   That really is a very drive down A1A along the coast...  Thanks for the pics of all the shantys

Bubba, way to hug that bottle!  :D

Anyone know where the pic is post 30 was taken?

Dear Dave  :)

Lovely stills and to my surprise the entire city i do not find even a single CIDP'S ?

And the Areca palms clumps looks great but royals are tall but look thin in our growing standards(South India,srilank or malayasia)...

thanks for the lovely tour and for giving us a glimpse of Bubba,

Love,

Kris  :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

great pictures Dave!

island Vis, adriatic sea, Croatia. Zone 9b/10a

Temperature low last winter: -0.9°C/30.4 F

Temperature low this winter: -0.3°C/31.5 F

-Creating my own little palm heaven-