IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Favorite lines/scenes from "The Movie"

putu enjula

Billy Clanton: "Why, it's the drunk piano player. You're so drunk, you can't hit nothin'. In fact, you're probably seeing double."

Doc Holliday: " I have two guns, one for each of ya. "

Wyatt Earp: (with gun pointed against Ike's head) "You die first, get it? Your friends might get me in a rush, but not before I make your head into a canoe, you understand me? "

Eric

Orlando, FL

zone 9b/10a

Wyatt Earp: "Alright, let's do this."

Doc Holiday: "Indeed sir.  The last charge of Wyatt Earp and his immortals..."

Jacksonville, FL

Zone 9a

First Officer

Air Wisconsin Airlines (USairways Express)

Canadair Regional Jet

Base: ORF

Johnny Ringo: My fight's not with you, Holliday.

Doc Holliday: I beg to differ, sir. We started a game we never got to finish. "Play for Blood," remember?

Johnny Ringo: Oh that. I was just foolin' about.

Doc Holliday: I wasn't.

Eric

Orlando, FL

zone 9b/10a

Turkey Creek Jack Johnson: Why you doin' this, Doc?

Doc Holliday: Because Wyatt Earp is my friend.

Turkey Creek Jack Johnson: Friend? Hell, I got lots of friends.

Doc Holliday: ...I don't.

___

Turkey Creek Jack Johnson: "Nobody move! "

Doc Holliday: "Nonsense. By all means, move."

Eric

Orlando, FL

zone 9b/10a

My favourite bit, no speech, was when Ringo did the fancy moves with his gun while giving Doc the eye.  Then Doc does the same fancy moves with his whiskey tumbler.  Priceless.

I think Val Kilmer was the star for me - even though he was probably 30 lbs too heavy for the role of a dying consumptive.  He certainly had the best lines and delivered them perfectly - makes me want to see more of his films (that's 'movies' in American, I believe :) ).

'The Essex Riviera'

Southeast England, UK

winter min usually -5C

Summer max usually 35C

Rainfall usually 20" (500mm)

(putu enjula @ Jan. 14 2008,13:18)

(Palmarum @ Jan. 14 2008,12:55)

We will end up replaying the entire movie by words alone. Tombstone is a great movie, accurate or not. I need to get a copy on DVD as I am wearing out my VHS copy from years ago. There was a rumor that said Charlton Heston did his small role as Henry Hooker sans pay since he is a great admirer of Wyatt Earp.

Ryan

One of the "Tombstone" producers lives across the street from Dean's house in Leucadia...  I'll ask him if that's true!

I checked with my producer friend, and Charlton Heston was paid along with everyone else.

animated-volcano-image-0010.gif.71ccc48bfc1ec622a0adca187eabaaa4.gif

Kona, on The Big Island
Hawaii - Land of Volcanoes

Paul S - A must-see Val Kilmer film is Salton Sea.

I saw Tombstone when it first came out, and liked it. I need to see it again.

Zone 9b/10a, Sunset Zone 22

7 miles inland. Elevation 120ft (37m)

Average annual low temp: 30F (-1C)

Average annual rainfall: 8" (20cm)

Anyone see "3:10 to Yuma", the recent version? I just rented the DVD, its a decent Western.

Eric

Orlando, FL

zone 9b/10a

Eric in Orlando · Posted on Feb. 02 2008,09:02

Anyone see "3:10 to Yuma", the recent version? I just rented the DVD, its a decent Western.

Yes, Eric I did, and I thought it was very good and well acted.  I had not seen the original in a long time, but this version will be a classic in the future.

Ryan

South Florida

(Eric in Orlando @ Jan. 25 2008,06:00)

Turkey Creek Jack Johnson: Why you doin' this, Doc?

Doc Holliday: Because Wyatt Earp is my friend.

Turkey Creek Jack Johnson: Friend? Hell, I got lots of friends.

Doc Holliday: ...I don't.

___

Turkey Creek Jack Johnson: "Nobody move! "

Doc Holliday: "Nonsense. By all means, move."

Eric you mentioned many of my favorite lines!!   There are so many great ones that it is hard for me to narrow them down!

********Angela**********

Kailua_Kona.gif

Kailua_Kona.gif

Check out Palmpedia

• 4 months later...

I ran across this and had to bump this thread.

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

• 2 months later...

Had to bump it again. Tombstone is playing right now on the History Channel. Quote "You gonna do somethin'? Or are you just gonna stand there and bleed?" just happened.

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

Keith,

You had to say Tombstone was on, didn't you? It came on again at midnight and now I had to watch it. It is a 3 1/2 hour movie.

Jerry

So many species,

so little time.

Coconut Creek, Florida

Zone 10b (Zone 11 except for once evey 10 or 20 years)

Last Freeze: 2011,50 Miles North of Fairchilds

Wyatt Earp:Go ahead.Skin it.Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

Conundrum:My favorite quote in this Film is this exchange:

Ringo:Well,didn't think you had it in you.Shall we?

Doc:I'm your Huckleberry.

Huckelberry is loosely defined as"a mark of affection or comradeship to one's partner."

If we accept that definition as accurate,what does this mean? Is it out of context in that Doc is fighting in place of his comrade,Wyatt Earp(ie=his Huckleberry or comrade).Ringo is certainly never the apparent comrade of Doc or Earp.Is my favorite quote in the Film out of context? or;

Is this a Deeper little escapade than I suspected.Specifically,is Ringo actually Doc's cure the whole time and thus Ringo his Huckleberry.Meaning Earp is simply a sideshow in a three ring Circus.

What you look for is what is looking

"Coors, the banquet beer" :unsure:

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

They always said"What's wrong with that kid?Whenever he goes fishing, it is always in strange places that are way too deep for my style".And then he wrecked the car!

What you look for is what is looking

A couple weeks ago I visited Tombstone again while on vacation in AZ (my sister lives about 15 miles away). I will post a bunch of photos soon in the Travel forum but heres a few. It was the weekend of Vigilante Days, where they had a lot of performers in costume roam Allen Street.

O.K. Corral

100_0585.jpg

location of the gunfight in the alley behind the O.K. Corral

100_0586.jpg

the Earps and Doc Holliday

100_0621.jpg

Eric

Orlando, FL

zone 9b/10a

Faro table used by Doc Holliday in the Birdcage Theater

100_4460.jpg

bullet hole in the front bar at the Birdcage theater (I think they said from a .22, slug is still intact)

100_0617.jpg

Black Moriah horse drawn hearse, used to transport the bodies from the OK Corall gunfight to Boothill Graveyard, it was the very first vehicle to have curved glass, reportedly worth over $2 million dollars

100_4472.jpg

Eric

Orlando, FL

zone 9b/10a

stage in the Birdcage Theater, 26 people were killed here, over 140 bullet holes in the place, its reportadly an extremely haunted building, note the orb captured in the photo (I took this one in 2005), possibly a ghost

100_4464.jpg

graves of Billy Clanton, Tom McLaury and Frank McLaury, killed at the OK Corral, Boothill Graveyard

100_0628.jpg

famous marker at Boothill

100_0632.jpg

Eric

Orlando, FL

zone 9b/10a

Cool pics Eric! I need to go there.... again. I think I went there went I was three. Obviously I don't remember!

********Angela**********

Kailua_Kona.gif

Kailua_Kona.gif

Check out Palmpedia

stage in the Birdcage Theater, 26 people were killed here, over 140 bullet holes in the place, its reportadly an extremely haunted building, note the orb captured in the photo (I took this one in 2005), possibly a ghost

ghost of what?an orb? :lol:

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

Eric, or anyone, are those symbolic graves or the real ones? What a shame I missed the tour. I lived in Sierra Vista for 5 months in '97 while attending Army Ground Intelligence Training - I left there a lot dumber.

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

"Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are."

-- Alfred Austin

ghost of what?an orb? :lol:

Possibly an apparition caught by the camera

Eric

Orlando, FL

zone 9b/10a

Eric, or anyone, are those symbolic graves or the real ones? What a shame I missed the tour. I lived in Sierra Vista for 5 months in '97 while attending Army Ground Intelligence Training - I left there a lot dumber.

When the silver mines flooded in the late 1880s, Tombstone went bust. The graveyard was uncared for for decades. It was the 1920s or 30s when it was reclaimed and cleaned up. The headstones aren't the originals but are relicas. They said some of the markers might be off a few feet since exact locations were lost during the time it was neglected. There are also quite a few unmarked graves in there. Some were Chinese workers or native Indians, others were people who had died but no one knew who they were or had just gone by a nickname.

Eric

Orlando, FL

zone 9b/10a