IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Showing off camera

DoomsDave

Kris,

I can't imagine why you would have a problem with the macro on your camera.  The following is a quick shot with my Canon S5 at about 2cm from the beer can.  It's not a great shot, but considering that I just did a quick shot without any manual adjustments and using the light from a near by desk lamp, I think it demonstrates that the Canon S series can handle macro.  In case you didn't know, the macro doesn't work in auto mode, so I switched to "P" before pressing the macro button.

post-436-1200706131_thumb.jpg

Central Florida, 28.42N 81.18W, Elev. 14m

Zone 9b

Summers 33/22C, Winters 22/10C Record Low -7C

Rain 6cm - 17cm/month with wet summers 122cm annually

Here I have the camera flat against my monitor screen at 0cm.

post-436-1200706319_thumb.jpg

Zone 9b

Dear Ron Schwarz  :)

first of all thanks very much for your time to explain to me on my camera close-up stills problem.And the number you have is a 5is is latest and newer than my model.may be this flaw is corrected with multiple face metering..etc.

And yes,i know that Macro & super macro's don't work in Auto mode.90% of the time i keep my camera in potrait,landscape or plants & foliage mode.even in these settings macro mode works but the complaint is the images come out blurred !

Mine is a 3IS powershot digital camera,not the EOS Series of Dslr Stuff !

But i will soon post some of the stills taken by proffessional photographers during my wedding function soon in Sub forum.it was all shot in Nikon D70.With external flash mounted on hot shoe with bounce lighting ficility..the images are Awasome with zero or no correction needed while printing those stills !

And you second still is very cool,i like it.and am glad you go through my posts_Thanks for that !  :)

Lots of love,

Kris  :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Dear Friends  :)

Some good News regarding my canon camera 3IS,just yesterday,my friends collegue returned from the U.S and he droped by my house and gave me a bag.and told that this bag would solve all my camera focousing problems...I thanked the

person who brought it and after sending him off i opened that parcel ! guess what it had macro & wide convertor lenses made by canon _ Japan ! and the nesseary adopters to it.

And 2 GB SD card 150X Hi Speed from Transcend made in china.And 4 AA sized energiser 2500MHZ batteries(only this item i did not like)rest of the stuff looking great.

And if i tell you that when i started to take stills in marco the results are preety good not blurring or warnings of not able to focous..every glitch in macros have disappeared..

why have they not told about this attachement before..

i will soon post stills of those accesseries & also pictures taken using the new lenses...!

And when i asked him how much this all costed he quoted its around 290 U.S $.And he told me that he will post that bill to me.And that friend will be returning to india in the month of March..he work for the I T industry and he is a soft ware engineer.

Now the Macros & Super macros works like a charm !

thanks & love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Here are the still taken from our canon camera without using the attachemts that has just come in.and the still contains the equipments that has just arrived..

post-108-1201071366_thumb.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

For around one year or so,the above clarity & clearness was just a dream with my canon 3IS camera and macros and close-ups were near impossible !

now the following stills are all taken with the close-up lens ON..

Here in this still you see the carton of the Wide angle convertor..

post-108-1201071711_thumb.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

And sorry about the flash burn..i learn to use the new accessories..

now the stills how the box of the adopter which help in fixing all the lens attachments..

post-108-1201071843_thumb.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

this is the 2 gb sd card,though it can take up even 4 gb card !

innitially i was using only 1gb card was not sufficinet for my tours !

post-108-1201072078_thumb.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Now lets see the naughty boy ! without it this camera is totally worthless..?  :P

Yes,this is the close-up lens kit !

post-108-1201072221_thumb.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

and a peice of advice never ever buy this peice of Sh...!they don't last even for 25 shots and drains in just 2 to 3 days.

my recommendation is sanyo_2700MHZ & Cammellion_2600Mhz AA sized batteries.

post-108-1201072410_thumb.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

this is the guy who brought all the changes to my macro & regular close-ups !

And i must tell this still had to be taken as i used to do previously,that is standing away from the object..since the macro is removed from the adopter for being photographed..

i think you follow my point ?

post-108-1201072946_thumb.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Dear friends  :)

now see the difference,all the following stills shot from now on will be with new close-up lenses,tell me what you think !

thanks & love,

post-108-1201276720_thumb.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Do you rememeber that to take these normal photos i have to stand far away for the objects and zoom in ! now i stand beside or even can go closer for macros stills_it a cake walk now ! but for a price..

post-108-1201277002_thumb.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Hi Kris,

Great set-up you have there and nice images.  The D500 lens is on my short list of must haves.  

I also just recently got a bunch of accessories for my camera, so following your lead I'll show the details in image.

First, I ordered a 52mm adapter from Lensmate.  It's a nice fitting metal alternative to the Canon.  I've read some complaints that the darker black color doesn't match the color of the camera, which is true, but still looks fine by me.

post-436-1201312211_thumb.jpg

Zone 9b

I also got a 55mm stepping ring so I can now use the filters from my old Minolta SLR, which saves me a chunk of money.

post-436-1201312417_thumb.jpg

Zone 9b

And finally, I bought a Raynox DCR-250 Super Macro lens for shooting really small stuff like palm flowers and microscopic pests.

post-436-1201313387_thumb.jpg

Zone 9b

Oh, almost forgot, I got a nice 8GB memory card so I can take nice long videos of my kid's concerts, since one of the big reasons I got the camera was to replace my old C-VHS camcorder.

I'd like to get a nice flash, like what I have on my old SLR with TTL and a swivel head, but that would cost about the same as the camera, so it's not happening soon.

I hope you can show some examples of what the wide angle can do.  I'm thinking about getting one, but I'm just not sure if it does enough to justify the cost.

post-436-1201313721_thumb.jpg

Zone 9b

Dear Ron  :)

God Heavens,you do know photography ! may be i must learn few tips & tricks from you_its really nice to have interacted with you.. :)

And my next investements will be a normal U.V filter 55mm & a diffusion filter for normal use.and a 55 mm dust cap..i already have a beautiful samsonite black camera bag to keep all the needed attachments..and a small travel bag too.i think if i get all those iam complete with my photography Kit.. :D

And your equipments simply rocks and that 8Gb Sd card is mouth watering.. :)

And wish to hear more from you on any new advancement in our camon segment..

thanks & love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Hi Kris,

Thanks for the compliment, but I'm not really much of a photographer, otherwise I'd at least have a Canon EOS 40D instead of a point and shoot.

I'm not sure if the U.V. filter will do much for you.  I've read from several sources that digital cameras aren't very U.V. sensitive and quality cameras like Canon would probably have a U.V. coating on the lens to protect the CCD from U.V. wear.   I would instead suggest getting a polarizing filter.  It can do wonderful things when dealing with light reflections.

I tested out my macro today with some quick shots around my garden.  These were taken with natural light from grey skies at f7.1, auto focus, speed and all hand held, which became very difficult at full zoom.  I also didn't do any photo editing except for cropping and reducing the size so I can load them here.

First is one of my favorite flowers, a Fushia.  Unfortunately they only grow as an winter annual here.

post-436-1201404074_thumb.jpg

Zone 9b

a little closer

post-436-1201404142_thumb.jpg

Zone 9b

closest

post-436-1201404183_thumb.jpg

Zone 9b

Here's a succulent.  I'm not sure what it is but the flower is only 3/4 inch long and 3/8 inch wide at the maximum petals width.

post-436-1201404354_thumb.jpg

Zone 9b

a little closer

post-436-1201404402_thumb.jpg

Zone 9b

Closest, shot of anther.

post-436-1201404501_thumb.jpg

Zone 9b

Heres a picture of a relatively small Florida native orchid.

post-436-1201404620_thumb.jpg

Zone 9b

a little closer.

post-436-1201404712_thumb.jpg

Zone 9b

and closer yet.

post-436-1201404768_thumb.jpg

Zone 9b

(ron@springhammock @ Jan. 25 2008,20:53)

I also got a 55mm stepping ring so I can now use the filters from my old Minolta SLR, which saves me a chunk of money.

Ron,

I had a Minolta SLR myself, a 9xi.  Sony just came out with their new A100 DSLR based on technology they bought from Minolta.  I am able to use all of my old lenses (and filers) from my old SLR on this new DSLR just fine.   Best of both worlds, my great 28-300 zoom and image stabilization.  Got to love it.

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

Dear Ron  :)

thanks for the tips,certainly it should help in my future accessory purschases..

And by god your stills(close-ups)simply rocks ! each of the above stills are standards which i must try to experiment in my camera,lets see how things are now !

And dear keith  :)

in that case you are very lucky person.since most of the times,i had to dump as scrap all my old camera accesseroies..and i do not have here much options in my market to try & test products..

thanks & love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif