IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Showing off camera

DoomsDave

Dear Friends  :)

these are the new AA batteries that iam impressed with the performance,they are from sanyo made in japan ! Amperage is around 2700Mhz.and is a slow discharge type and i love it !

this still was delayed since those batteries 4nos were inside my canon camera..

post-108-1201534031_thumb.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

(krisachar @ Jan. 28 2008,16:27)

Amperage is around 2700Mhz.and is a slow discharge type

Kris just a note...it's not 2700Mhz but 2700mAh which means milliampere hour

i have the same ones. real good batteries. All my batteries till now are made by sanyo.

island Vis, adriatic sea, Croatia. Zone 9b/10a

Temperature low last winter: -0.9°C/30.4 F

Temperature low this winter: -0.3°C/31.5 F

-Creating my own little palm heaven-

(Pivi @ Jan. 28 2008,11:13)

Kris just a note...it's not 2700Mhz but 2700mAh which means milliampere hour

i have the same ones. real good batteries. All my batteries till now are made by sanyo.

Dear Pivi  :)

thanks for the correction,and those batteries do work like a charm,hope in months to come they will still raise the amperage to..2800 or 3000...mAh

lots of love to you,

Kris  :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Showing off again, getting better, maybe not the virtuosity of Kris et al, but, here goes.

Here's the front of my place, facing east in the westering light if winter's eve . . . . .

I'm focussing on an area just to the left of that ratty washie, and to the right of that skinny trunk thang . ..

post-208-1202363689_thumb.jpg

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Here's a near closeup of the house, on a hill.  Half a mile away?

post-208-1202363755_thumb.jpg

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

And, a close up, including CIDPs, thought you'd like that Kris . . . .

post-208-1202363804_thumb.jpg

Dear Dave  :)

thanks for those lovely stills & also for keeping this lovely thread active !

And those Cidp's look great_i love it ! and those house look preety luxurious as though it belongs to some hollywood star..?

thanks & love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

(Dave from So-Cal @ Feb. 06 2008,23:56)

Here's a near closeup of the house, on a hill.  Half a mile away?

,,,And, a close up, including CIDPs, thought you'd like that Kris . . . .

Dave, I think at this point you are either an official Stalker or Paparazzo, take your pick.

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

(keiththibodeaux @ Feb. 09 2008,00:53)

Dave, I think at this point you are either an official Stalker or Paparazzo, take your pick.

Papparazzo!

No two ways!

Wait'll I go on a (palm) tour of Beverly Hills!  

Nine

Oh

Two

One

Oh.

Click click click

They're coming to take me awaaaay!

Hey, fellas, you look marvelous in those white suits . . . . .

(krisachar @ Feb. 09 2008,00:50)

thanks for those lovely stills & also for keeping this lovely thread active !

And those Cidp's look great_i love it ! and those house look preety luxurious as though it belongs to some hollywood star..?

thanks & love,

That is a luxe dive, no doubt.

I sincerely doubt an H-star, since H-wood is about seventy miles to the west.

Oh, but one day . . . . .

(Dave from So-Cal @ Feb. 08 2008,23:55)

(keiththibodeaux @ Feb. 09 2008,00:53)

Papparazzo!

No two ways!

Wait'll I go on a (palm) tour of Beverly Hills!  

Nine

Oh

Two

One

Oh.

Click click click

They're coming to take me awaaaay!

Hey, fellas, you look marvelous in those white suits . . . . .

Palm Paparazzi,  you may have started something here.

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

(keiththibodeaux @ Feb. 09 2008,00:57)

Palm Paparazzi,  you may have started something here.

Hey Guys_I Love This Site...!  :D

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Getting better.

Here's an Aoneum.

post-208-1202577175_thumb.jpg

Rosemary blossoms

post-208-1202605713_thumb.jpg

D. decipiens spear.

post-208-1202605758_thumb.jpg

Lavatera blossom, back-lit by the sun

post-208-1202605803_thumb.jpg

Calla lily, looks like a kinky, oh never mind . . . .

post-208-1202605856_thumb.jpg

Purple Ice Plant blossom

post-208-1202605903_thumb.jpg

Whole plant

post-208-1202605960_thumb.jpg

Aeoneum blossom head

post-208-1202606008_thumb.jpg

Closeup of blossom

post-208-1202606044_thumb.jpg

Calliandra

post-208-1202606110_thumb.jpg

Euphorbia pulcherrima, poinsettia

post-208-1202606163_thumb.jpg

Leptospermum -- Tea Tree -- blossom

post-208-1202606216_thumb.jpg

fentastic stills & beautiful flowering plants and by the way the camera is doing Fine... :)

wish to see more of those beauties...

lots of love to you,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

• 1 month later...

here is a stills from our garden,the cal date palm which flowered recently...but i noticed all creatures started moving in that direction due to abandent of sweet smell,and the tree lizard was there eating all flying insects !

post-108-1207063144_thumb.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

I was at SeaWorld Thursday, and fired off some animal photos.

post-662-1207114705_thumb.jpg

Zone 9b/10a, Sunset Zone 22

7 miles inland. Elevation 120ft (37m)

Average annual low temp: 30F (-1C)

Average annual rainfall: 8" (20cm)

Koo-Koo-Kachooo.

(actually reminds me of a scene from the movie "Dune")

post-662-1207114799_thumb.jpg

Fish. The trick: brace yourself aganst the window frame and NO FLASH.

post-662-1207114900_thumb.jpg

Canariensis X Reclinata. Better looking than I would have ever expected.

post-662-1207115055_thumb.jpg

Dear Terry  :)

your stills are all fine and my favouriate happen to be the first one with the polar bear and the glass aqurieam with those lovely golden fishes..it looks like you have worked for the national geography magazine as cover page photographer !  :)

lots of love to you,

love conquers all..

43278.gif