IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

THE FARM 3

Tad

haha! tad,how long did you have to sit there with the camera in front of yer computer & wait for that? or did you just get

lucky? :D

what is the botanical name of "desert rose"? seems i have heard the common name before...just curious.

great pix of those cooling cells,dewd!

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

no, his monitor picture is so much curved that this "sonorafans" might have come from another screen :lol:

;)

Edited by Pivi

island Vis, adriatic sea, Croatia. Zone 9b/10a

Temperature low last winter: -0.9°C/30.4 F

Temperature low this winter: -0.3°C/31.5 F

-Creating my own little palm heaven-

That was a complete luck shot, I mean I just glanced and POW, I was really stoked, after some of my arguments with him concerning the "euro" influence on botany and other serious issues of the world, he once or twice commented how he felt "monster" threads were a waste and that he "never" read them..I mean this is like getting a picture of big foot or somthing :D

Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.

Abraham Lincoln

The way of the transgressor is hard

tad is pretty tricky...i wouldn't put it past him :winkie:

still "warning-free."

its great to have blackmail material.i have a whole file on mattyb.

still "warning-free."

I am nowhere near tricky enuff to fabricate this, thanks for having faith in me though :lol: here are the 3 shots I took, the only evidence that sonorafans ever visited a monster thread! you can judge for your self as to the authenticity, meanwhile I have an appointment for alien abduction and I really must go and feed the skunkape and grassman before I leave!

post-18-1214432349_thumb.jpg

post-18-1214432380_thumb.jpg

post-18-1214432413_thumb.jpg

Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.

Abraham Lincoln

adenium obesum, the desert rose.

what is the botanical name of "desert rose"? seems i have heard the common name before...just curious.

great pix of those cooling cells,dewd!

Abraham Lincoln

just felt it was time for a change, plus it was too hard for pohonkelapa to spell! :o

Abraham Lincoln

hey tad did u hear....they busted a diesel pirate....crossing some diesel without paying the taxes :P hahaha hmmmm getting other people to do your dirty job :P hahaha nahh just playing anyways weather is hot and burning down is the STX :P

if you play by the rules there is no law against the importation of diesel fuel for PERSONAL use, its when people get stupid and greedy that they cause disruptions in the flow for everybody else. and you dont have to pay any taxes on diesel purchased for PERSONAL use. if your using it in a commercial endeavor then you have problems.

he was crossing it in a gas pickup, not smart!

Abraham Lincoln

lol orale bueno :D um so i can go buy those huge tanks they sell at tractor supply and hook it up to my tank and be all good :D wooo lol its a good investment :D

you can if its diesel, you cannot legally haul gas in those "transfer" tanks thats against D.O.T. regulations, I will take pics as I am installing the tank friday,

Abraham Lincoln

just felt it was time for a change, plus it was too hard for pohonkelapa to spell! :o

tad do we have to go back to "i know,lets have a spelling contest"???? :lol:

still "warning-free."

Settle down Pablo, I dont know what I would do if I thought we werent friends!!

that was actually a suttle ploy to lure you into posting gratuitously on my mega jumbo thread, which I personally never read becasue it's just tooooo long and big!

Abraham Lincoln

Ahhh, the boys are back in town. It just feels like home again, now doesn't it. :floor:

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

aw crud,and i walked right into it!!! :angry:

i will never try to be nice again!!!

still "warning-free."

Try and resist the snarkside Paul, you must resist the snarkness!

Abraham Lincoln

snarkiness...too...strong...cant...resist...

this thread is way too long & who wants to look at a buncha #%$%$ olive trees!!!! :P:lol::evil:

still "warning-free."

ok, here is the new set up, got my tank rhino coated, and took the transfer pump off, then with some simple plumbing tapped it into the filler neck/breather hose of the trucks stock tank. purchased a bottle of dewars 12 year old for 28.00 dollars for my dad, and 270 dollars for about 125 gallons of diesel or about 470 litres 2.15/2.16 per gallon, give or take a lil here and there, pesos exchanged at 10.25 today. 100 gallons lasts me about 2 weeks with truck and tractor

VIVA MEXICO!!

post-18-1214609663_thumb.jpg

post-18-1214609683_thumb.jpg

post-18-1214609704_thumb.jpg

Abraham Lincoln

I dont want pohon thinking all we do around here is play with olive trees, heres some palms, washies these are headed to the summit condo's at South Padre Island, I was going to take some shots of the landscaping but when I got there there were some unloading issues so I got a lil steamed and forgoot to take pics.

post-18-1214852209_thumb.jpg

post-18-1214852224_thumb.jpg

post-18-1214852240_thumb.jpg

post-18-1214852266_thumb.jpg

Abraham Lincoln

heres another set sunday morning for a customer out of San Antonio, Tx

This field is about 30 miniutes from my house and is owned by another farm.

post-18-1214852475_thumb.jpg

post-18-1214852500_thumb.jpg

post-18-1214852517_thumb.jpg

post-18-1214852540_thumb.jpg

Abraham Lincoln

Ethan helping out while Jack Jack keeps a safe distance

post-18-1214852630_thumb.jpg

post-18-1214852654_thumb.jpg

post-18-1214852675_thumb.jpg

post-18-1214852711_thumb.jpg

Abraham Lincoln

took about 45 minutes to dig and load this set of 5 palms, 2 eight foot trunks and 3 ten foot trunks.

post-18-1214852799_thumb.jpg

post-18-1214852816_thumb.jpg

post-18-1214852833_thumb.jpg

post-18-1214852858_thumb.jpg

Abraham Lincoln

another of Ethans action shots, and Jack Jack sticking close to me.

post-18-1214852975_thumb.jpg

post-18-1214852996_thumb.jpg

post-18-1214853019_thumb.jpg

post-18-1214853095_thumb.jpg

Abraham Lincoln

first shot is of the cinco de mayo shade house, royals and copernicias, second is copernicia sp? and some bamboo shoots oldhamii coming on strong in our summer heat.

post-18-1214854589_thumb.jpg

post-18-1214854607_thumb.jpg

post-18-1214854626_thumb.jpg

post-18-1214854664_thumb.jpg

Abraham Lincoln

• 2 weeks later...

2000 new olive cuttings arrived today so after a wound and a overnight soak in the hormone hot tub here they will get a dip in hormodin and get placed in the fresh perlite beds.

post-18-1215799938_thumb.jpg

post-18-1215799962_thumb.jpg

Abraham Lincoln

quick shot of how the bamboo is growing, monkey in picture for scale.

post-18-1215800389_thumb.jpg

Abraham Lincoln

1000 of the last batch of olives rooted within 20 days, so they are potted and kept under mist for a little while longer as a transition before going out to the cinco de mayo shade house.

post-18-1215800544_thumb.jpg

post-18-1215800561_thumb.jpg

Abraham Lincoln

yes, I still have some palms here and there around the farm ;)

we just got 7 and a half inches of rain spread out over 5 days so everything is really loving it, especially the weeds.

saturday I have auxillary crew coming in to weed!

post-18-1215801516_thumb.jpg

post-18-1215801535_thumb.jpg

Abraham Lincoln

these 3 gallons are 14 months old from cuttings.

post-18-1215801703_thumb.jpg

post-18-1215801720_thumb.jpg

Abraham Lincoln

livistona saribus and some foxtails, just to keep the palm theme going!!

post-18-1215801819_thumb.jpg

post-18-1215801834_thumb.jpg

Abraham Lincoln

recently transplanted palms, all seem to have made it so now I can continue landscaping the entrance to the propagation haus!

post-18-1215801911_thumb.jpg

post-18-1215801927_thumb.jpg

Abraham Lincoln

kaffir lime

zamias

post-18-1215804834_thumb.jpg

post-18-1215804857_thumb.jpg

post-18-1215804871_thumb.jpg

Abraham Lincoln

wow i lovee those foxtails :P i have 200 sowed and i got about 30 that are 2 leafers(1gallon) easy to grow huh k well i always love watching your thread and how its coming along :D

and those Zamias wow :D i got some tait x guiz hybrids growing :D and some dwarf zamia that robert chumley collected in his wild days from Chumleycycads.com

Edited by Xavierdlc61887

weeding the little shade house, a never ending job!

new ti plants from rancho tc lab this variety is called ruby

post-18-1215804948_thumb.jpg

post-18-1215804964_thumb.jpg

post-18-1215805025_thumb.jpg

Abraham Lincoln

coleus just loving the rain we had

some recent reworkings of the jungle at my dads place

royals in the back ground

post-18-1215805089_thumb.jpg

post-18-1215805108_thumb.jpg

post-18-1215805148_thumb.jpg

post-18-1215805176_thumb.jpg

Abraham Lincoln

jungle shots second pic is a ceratozamia, these are great cycads!

the bird bath area was another recent revamp in the jungle walkways gardem

post-18-1215805233_thumb.jpg

post-18-1215805248_thumb.jpg

post-18-1215805298_thumb.jpg

post-18-1215805318_thumb.jpg

Abraham Lincoln

random jungle shots!

post-18-1215805397_thumb.jpg

post-18-1215805428_thumb.jpg

post-18-1215805450_thumb.jpg

post-18-1215805469_thumb.jpg

Abraham Lincoln

The 1000th post, wow seems like just yesterday I started this mega aggravation of a thread :)

Thanks to all who have looked,enjoyed,posted,argued,wondered and helped out along the way!!

hybrid phoenix X roebellini seed

hybrid zamias from Florida

bent washies at front of house, seed will be ready soon, gonna shoot about 8000 this year on washies alone :drool:

post-18-1215806066_thumb.jpg

post-18-1215806089_thumb.jpg

post-18-1215806132_thumb.jpg

post-18-1215806201_thumb.jpg

Abraham Lincoln