IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

THE FARM 3

Tad

Thank you sir!

Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.

Abraham Lincoln

The way of the transgressor is hard

the bamboo looks great!

are you growing any olives that have those little red pimento-things stuck in em?

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

damb washys :P they set seeds like rabbits :P they just keep seeding and seeding...i got 1 washy and its full of seeds i might just toss them in the ditch and let them grow there and ill transplant as they get older :P

good for u though they are the ones that pay the bills i assume :P they are cheap and fast to grow and fast to sell :D

the bamboo looks great!

are you growing any olives that have those little red pimento-things stuck in em?

YUP, that exactly what kind these are, they are grafted on to martini tree stock :lol:

Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.

Abraham Lincoln

:lol: mmmmmmm martini trees...

still "warning-free."

2000 new olive cuttings arrived today so after a wound and a overnight soak in the hormone hot tub here they will get a dip in hormodin and get placed in the fresh perlite beds.

How are Paul and Olive cuttings alike? They both like to drink hormodin and get placed in a fresh perlite bed.

:blink: is this thing on?

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

matt i will not be lured into a "potentially offensive " exchange with you.you've been trying to get me stumpheaded for years.

still "warning-free."

the idea of paul getting "rooted" over 20 days in perlite is very very very disturbing

Abraham Lincoln

yeah,it usually takes much less time than that!

leave it to matt to say something that makes everyone uncomfortable. <_<

still "warning-free."

Leave it to beaver Paul, the beave.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

i am coming over there right now!!!

still "warning-free."

to my house or mattys? I mean dont get me wrong your more than welcome to come on over...given the distance tho I am not waiting up for you!

Abraham Lincoln

nice Tad, enjoying it as always. never seen a baby saribus before, they look good even at seedling stage!

Luke

Tallahassee, FL - USDA zone 8b/9a

63" rain annually

January avg 65/40 - July avg 92/73

North Florida Palm Society - http://palmsociety.blogspot.com/

thanks Luke, I had a good time doing it, man 1000 plus whod a ever thunk it!!

Abraham Lincoln

• 5 weeks later...

Oh Ta'ad. Come out, come out, wheverer you are.

OK, that was the nice version.

It has been a month, get your butt in gear soldier, and let's get some posts out here, mister.

That was the down to business version.

Don't make me go to the next step.

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

maybe I take some pictures at the show, but prolly not because I always feel sorta weird wondering around with a camera in the convention center.

plus some of the cohorts have strict no photographic evidence policy. Plus still fixing a few things round the old rancho

post-18-1218512514_thumb.jpg

post-18-1218512532_thumb.jpg

Abraham Lincoln

• 2 weeks later...

everythings coming up roses :blink:

post-18-1219674943_thumb.jpg

post-18-1219674986_thumb.jpg

post-18-1219675004_thumb.jpg

post-18-1219675021_thumb.jpg

post-18-1219675040_thumb.jpg

Abraham Lincoln

putting up the red cloth today

post-18-1219675126_thumb.jpg

Abraham Lincoln

this stuff really is hard on the eyes, takes some getting used to...maybe its like rose colored glasses, now I will get a happy attitude....nah prolly not

the tomatoes will be my first test, I will have some under regular 30% and some underneath the red, we will see what happens!

post-18-1219691204_thumb.jpg

post-18-1219691228_thumb.jpg

post-18-1219691251_thumb.jpg

Abraham Lincoln

These are the desert rose from earlier pictures, were packing some out to be sent of all places PUERTO RICO?!?!? usually its the other way around.

We had to rush the phyto and packing continental wont send anything after sunday afternoon because of the gustav thing in the gulf!!

post-18-1219959881_thumb.jpg

post-18-1219959902_thumb.jpg

post-18-1219959928_thumb.jpg

post-18-1219959947_thumb.jpg

Abraham Lincoln

we have been hammered with rain lately so we decided to use the "down time" to do some stuff around the house and farm, here is a shed/shade being framed up over the kiddee pool, I have fought against a real pool for years, so this was the compromise, now that step one to the outdoor kitchen is in place(dont hold your breathe for step 2 anytime soon)this pool gets taken down in 2 months for the "winter" :blink: ...The blue tarp on the pool is an old cotton module tarp we used to keep the slag from burning holes in the pool while welding up the purlins!!

post-18-1219960354_thumb.jpg

post-18-1219960371_thumb.jpg

post-18-1219960386_thumb.jpg

post-18-1219960416_thumb.jpg

post-18-1219960432_thumb.jpg

post-18-1219960451_thumb.jpg

post-18-1219960472_thumb.jpg

Abraham Lincoln

getting the one gallons for next spring planted an set in the shade house.

mostly phoenix and med fans

post-18-1219960608_thumb.jpg

post-18-1219960644_thumb.jpg

Abraham Lincoln

we have been hammered with rain lately so we decided to use the "down time" to do some stuff around the house and farm, here is a shed/shade being framed up over the kiddee pool, I have fought against a real pool for years, so this was the compromise, now that step one to the outdoor kitchen is in place(dont hold your breathe for step 2 anytime soon)this pool gets taken down in 2 months for the "winter" :blink: ...The blue tarp on the pool is an old cotton module tarp we used to keep the slag from burning holes in the pool while welding up the purlins!!

Nice white trash pool you got there Tad.

260.00 at Sam's.

We have the same...lol

Melbourne Beach, Florida on the barrier island -two blocks from the Atlantic Ocean and 6 homes from the Indian River Lagoon

YUP :) , I like the idea of a pool, but not until the baby is at least 5 or 6 years old, I am morbid afraid that theyll drown, its bad enough with the pond in back!!

Abraham Lincoln

copernicias and royals, and a butt load of weeds that i am trying to keep out of the shot

post-18-1219962459_thumb.jpg

post-18-1219962481_thumb.jpg

post-18-1219962515_thumb.jpg

Abraham Lincoln

all fixed up again after the storm!!!

post-18-1219962628_thumb.jpg

post-18-1219962645_thumb.jpg

post-18-1219962664_thumb.jpg

Abraham Lincoln

a funky hybrid phoenix, its a female, with 2 male roebelinis, one on either side so I am anxious to collect and sprout the seed and see what we have!!

post-18-1219962733_thumb.jpg

post-18-1219962757_thumb.jpg

post-18-1219962777_thumb.jpg

post-18-1219962793_thumb.jpg

Abraham Lincoln

Bling bling the rooster, the kung foo guinea clan that are getting closer and closer to being free (except for the ones who get eaten), and finally the palais pullet, the hen house, which is almost finished for the wifes layers, all these dang projects for her.....I better catch no static when I go to mexico this winter :winkie:

post-18-1219962916_thumb.jpg

post-18-1219962986_thumb.jpg

post-18-1219963012_thumb.jpg

post-18-1219963034_thumb.jpg

post-18-1219963061_thumb.jpg

Abraham Lincoln

some zanzibar crotons that will get the chop this weekend.

some curly leaf, kiped from a tree repair job post dolly :)

a variety of crotons from around the yard that i gave the chop to the other day,

various stuff I make cuttings of,

I really like the picassos paint brush croton, one of my all time faves!!

post-18-1219963246_thumb.jpg

post-18-1219963286_thumb.jpg

post-18-1219963345_thumb.jpg

post-18-1219963392_thumb.jpg

post-18-1219963417_thumb.jpg

post-18-1219963437_thumb.jpg

post-18-1219963454_thumb.jpg

Abraham Lincoln

My wamin cuttings turned out pretty good, I really like it, I think its worth the effort for the swollen nodes and small size compared to some of the other stuff!!

post-18-1219963545_thumb.jpg

post-18-1219963567_thumb.jpg

post-18-1219963587_thumb.jpg

Abraham Lincoln

when can i move in? :lol:

Pablo, you can move in anytime you want, we will fix you up a little place in the back!!

Gonna be some re-education and behavior modifacation but nothing toooo major!! :blink:

and it's all for the greater good, we can start off slow and work our way up towards the fully automatic weapons!!

can you play dueling banjos??

post-18-1219964603_thumb.jpg

Abraham Lincoln

tad,you dont have to go to all the trouble of re-edumacatin' & bevahior-moderatin' yerse'f fer lil ol me :blush:

cant play that one yet--i hear its required in yer part of the states... :hmm:

just dont try & get me to go on any canoe trips :D

still "warning-free."

nice lookin crotons,btw. ive been trying to get some to survive here in lowlando.any tips for me?

still "warning-free."

hahahhahhaha yeah, NO, dueling banjos is not required...Las Mananitas however is!!

canoeing on my river is not advisable unles the canoe is armor plated with forward and rear mounted 30 cal's!

I am by no means a croton expert, but they seem to do better for me in a filtered light/shade environment, and I think some humiditiy is going to go a long way towards them doing well, you may have to mist them a little?!?!?!?

Abraham Lincoln

that is exactly where the only ones that have survived are--in filtered light.i water alot around them but not really directly--

seems to stop them from having that fatal "crash" in which they suddenly drop all their leaves :rage:

still "warning-free."

the uv seems to have a lot to do with it as well, I will ask some of my architect types which can handle more sun, some of them wash out color wise real bad others do ok, some cant take it at all, so variety has some to do with it as well!!

Abraham Lincoln

• 1 month later...

Croton madness: I suffer greatly!!

here are some picassos paintbrush cuttings I have been playing with.

post-18-1223331413_thumb.jpg

post-18-1223331456_thumb.jpg

post-18-1223331484_thumb.jpg

post-18-1223331561_thumb.jpg

post-18-1223331598_thumb.jpg

Abraham Lincoln

crotons, crotons, crotons!!!!!!

post-18-1223331673_thumb.jpg

post-18-1223331710_thumb.jpg

post-18-1223331771_thumb.jpg

post-18-1223331802_thumb.jpg

post-18-1223331837_thumb.jpg

Abraham Lincoln