IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

2007 weather review

Scott Mcintosh

Looking at history fom my weather station for 2007: Low temp. 32.6f/0.3c on 2/17/07,high temp 10.1f/38.4c on 7/10/07, avg temp 72.5f/22.5c for the year. Rainfall for the year 38.69 ". Aug. was the wettest month 8.33" Sept.6.83",July 5.92", June 4.52",Oct. 4.27. Nov. wins as the dry month .05". Overall it was not  bad at my location for rainfall. I fee lucky, other Tampa area locations got a lot less. No frost or freeze in 2007.

Scott   :cool:   Citrus Park FL. N.W Tampa   www.aroundmyhouse.com                                                                                                      

Scott, Thank you for the info.Is that average or a low rainfall total for you guys?.Over here on the SE Coast airport(a little inland) we got 65 inches. By the way your painting is great !Happy New Year!

What you look for is what is looking

The avg. normals from NWS site for Tampa: Temp Max 81.4/ Min. 64.8/ Avg 73.1, Precip 44.77"

Great info Scott.

Here is the info from my weather station here in Tarpon Springs---

Max high - 98.4F (8/20/2007)

Min low - 34.3F (2/17/2007)

Max dewpoint - 84.6F (8/10/2007)

Average temperature - 72.9F

Rainfall - 47.84" (Normal according to official station in town is 56")

Maximum wind speed - 46.5 mph (6/13/2007)

Larry 

Palm Harbor, FL 10a / Ft Myers, FL 10b

Although I do not have a NWS station, I do monitor the weather with digital equipment etc... I was ab out Larry, except I hit 33.7F that cold morning with light frost across the street. Rainfall, so erratic, pumped up in Sept and Oct. Oct I measured over 6" total, and including the 3.8" we had last weekend (before Xmas) I would say overall it was normal - just wish it would come now and again rather than bucnhes. Now, that freeze is coming~! Time to prepare. Luckily, I am off school until Jan8th so I have plenty of time. Waking up to 71F at 6am and worrying about a freeze in two days? That's Florida! Greg in New Port Richey

Begonias are my thing. I've been growing and selling them for three decades, nearly two in Tampa Bay. NPR is an bhour N of St Pete, coast

Larry, Most stations I have reviewed in the Tampa area have been close to avg. on rainfall. A few look strange,and after reviewing the history for the location I know it can not be right. A Lutz station reports 100.71" of rain,July -Dec.(if they would only cut the sprinkler off) Macdill AFB has received only 14.89" and the station history shows no flaws.

For Houston from Weatherunderground:

Max temp     97.5F/36.4C

Min temp      33.7F/0.9C  (I had 35 at my house)

Avg temp     75.2F/24.0C

YTD precipitation               65.52"/1664mm

Long term avg precip          47.84"/1215mm

Near tern avg (last 7 yrs)     53.91"/1369mm

Overall a wet year especially when considering little or no contribution from tropical systems.  Moderate temperatures.  Hope to have a weather year just like it in '08.

Happy New Year

Steve

USDA Zone 9a/b, AHS Heat Zone 9, Sunset Zone 28

49'/14m above sea level, 25mi/40km to Galveston Bay

Long-term average rainfall 47.84"/1215mm

Near-term (7yr) average rainfall 55.44"/1410mm

I have been very lucky here, right where I am in 2007. Farther south it was cold in the winter/spring and also in the autumn. We here just kept our temps above 0ºc the whole time. That was unusual though. Great! Yippy!

Jason Baker

Central coastal Portugal

Zone 10a, 1300mm rain

warm-temperate, oceanic climate

looking for that exotic tropical island look

• 2 weeks later...

For El Paso from the NWS

High: 106F/41C on June 26

Low:  21F/-6C on Dec 23

precipitation:  10.4 inches/264 mm

Days above 100F/38C =16

Days below 32F/0C = 48