IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Its Christmas day here

Caryota_gigas

Merry Christmas to you too.   Christmas in New Zealand in Summer.  Now that sounds like some cool travel plans for sure.

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

Merry Xmas to all

May you all have a wonderful day with friends and family

Hope this makes you smile:D  :D  :D

Merry Xmas

Colin

post-197-1198528528_thumb.png

coastal north facing location

100klm south of Sydney

NSW

Australia

Merry Christmas to you Michael and the rest of our palm friends around the world...  I spent Christmas eve here in Texas planting 6 different varieties of Phoenix Dactylifera and enjoying the sunny day.  Jv

Jv in San Antonio Texas / Zone 8/extremes past 29 yrs: 117F (47.2C) / 8F (-13.3C)

Merry christmast to everyone.-

Here it`s yet 24/12 and the brindis is in 4 hours.- Warm here and yet lack of any rain, without clouds this is a "desert"

Will make a brindis with a good demi sec Chandon for all you palms growers in all the world.-

Cheers. Gaston, Argentina

(palmsforpleasure @ Dec. 24 2007,15:35)

Merry Xmas to all

May you all have a wonderful day with friends and family

Hope this makes you smile:D  :D  :D

Merry Xmas

Colin

Colin,

Merry Christmas to you and all the other Aussie's and New Zealanders. Thats a great Santa cartoon, thanks.

Jeff

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Feliz navidad from the real south TX, or northern Mexico!!

I hope santa leaves a lil somthing under the palm trees foor everybody this year!

evrybody have a wonderful christmas and please lets not lose sight of the real reason for the season!!

Love to all

(after new yeas its back to my regular grumpy self so enjoy it while it lasts!! :) )

Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.

Abraham Lincoln

The way of the transgressor is hard

It's Christmas in the UK now, so Merry Christmas one and all.  I hope everyone has a good one.

Let's not forget the true meaning of this festival, the returning of the sun, yay.

]

Corey Lucas-Divers

Dorset, UK

Ave Jul High 72F/22C (91F/33C Max)

Ave Jul Low 52F/11C (45F/7C Min)

Ave Jan High 46F/8C (59F/15C Max)

Ave Jan Low 34F/1C (21F/-6C Min)

Ave Rain 736mm pa

Wishing all of you everywhere in Palmdom, in the few languages I know how to say:

Merry Christmas    Feliz Navidad    Feliz Natal

. . and here is Hawaii's own way of saying it -

Mele Kalikimaka!

. . and as Palmotrafficante mentioned, don't forget the real reason for the season.  Santa can be fun too as this greeting shows - yeah our Poinsettias are in full flower too.

post-90-1198547470_thumb.jpg

Hawaii Island (Big Island), leeward coast, 19 degrees N. latitude, south Kona mauka at approx. 380m (1,250 ft.) and about 1.6 km (1-mile) upslope from ocean.

No record of a hurricane passing over this island (yet!).  

Summer maximum rainfall - variable averaging 900-1150mm (35-45") - Perfect drainage on black volcanic rocky soil.  

Nice sunsets!

Even Santa likes to warm up and have a fun break learning the hula when he stops off in Hawaii . . .

post-90-1198547708_thumb.jpg

Hawaii Island (Big Island), leeward coast, 19 degrees N. latitude, south Kona mauka at approx. 380m (1,250 ft.) and about 1.6 km (1-mile) upslope from ocean.

No record of a hurricane passing over this island (yet!).  

Summer maximum rainfall - variable averaging 900-1150mm (35-45") - Perfect drainage on black volcanic rocky soil.  

Nice sunsets!

Hi,

Feliz Navidad y Próspero Año Nuevo ( Merry Christmas and Happy New Year ), from Hierro island (Canary Islands). Here is raining a lot and winter is coming with lower temperatures: Max 24ºC - min.17ºC ( M 75.2ºF - m 62.6ºF   )

Picture is back to home. The water falls down from 1000 meters ( 3280 ft ) of height!

Regards,

Carlos

IMG_6439.jpg

Merry Christmas everyone!

island Vis, adriatic sea, Croatia. Zone 9b/10a

Temperature low last winter: -0.9°C/30.4 F

Temperature low this winter: -0.3°C/31.5 F

-Creating my own little palm heaven-

(Carlos Simón @ Dec. 25 2007,14:58)

Hi,

Feliz Navidad y Próspero Año Nuevo ( Merry Christmas and Happy New Year ), from Hierro island (Canary Islands). Here is raining a lot and winter is coming with lower temperatures: Max 24ºC - min.17ºC ( M 75.2ºF - m 62.6ºF   )

Picture is back to home. The water falls down from 1000 meters ( 3280 ft ) of height!

Regards,

Carlos

IMG_6439.jpg

Carlos

Wonderful photo  :P

Merry Christmas from the Western Hemisphere where Christmas is still in full force  :D

Los Angeles/Pasadena

34° 10' N   118° 18' W

Elevation: 910'/278m

January Average Hi/Lo: 69F/50F

July Average Hi/Lo: 88F/66F

Average Rainfall: 19"/48cm

USDA 11/Sunset 23

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?MTW