IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Merry Christmas to ME!

metalfan

Told'ja my husband was into leather!

This was under my tree this morning!

Christmas2007016.jpg

"You can't see California without Marlon Brando's eyes"---SliPknot

Gina,

A very nice gift from Santa.  All I got was dog poo on my carpet and 28F outside.

Dick

Richard Douglas

Santa brought me nothing this year because he spent all his money booking a Costa Rica trip! :D

Nice gift Gina!

Bren in South St. Pete Florida

Gina:

Would you model it for us?????

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Lemme dig out my leather miniskirt, lace up boots and leather halter top....

Oops that might be inappropriate....

Nice jacket, was Harley your maiden name ?

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

(metalfan @ Dec. 25 2007,09:35)

Lemme dig out my leather miniskirt, lace up boots and leather halter top....

Oops that might be inappropriate....

Have a palm seedling in one hand, then you're covered.... :D

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

I like the skull motif on thie jacket. Its kinda Metallica-ish. Its actually a man's smaller sized jacket...all the ladie's jackets looked, well, too feminine.

No leather jackets for me, but.......Santa brought me a brand new 20" flat screen I MAC. This computer is light years ahead of the one I had and all the guts of the computer are behind the screen and it's only about an inch thick. It's a technological marvel and it's amazing what Apple has done. Besides all the other new features, it has a hidden TV camera, and now I can see myself type.....which is kind of scary, because I show up as beet red, and now I need some new software to correct the color thing, and also I learned last night I need more memory.

After many phone calls, and instructions, I was finally able to talk back and forth to friends and with a picture of each......we even had a 3 way conference call. This just blows my mind, as we not only see each other, we can talk, no keyboard. This does present some problems, as now I will have to be properly dressed, get a new table lamp with side lighting, (hides most of the wrinkles from the side), and make sure my hair is combed.

After a few minutes, and with much movement on my side, my picture started to "shingle" and the audio started to cut in and out. It was determined I needed more memory and I have to add a 2 gig chip. (It will be ordered today). I'm technologically disadvanted......Yeah, I need help screwing in a light bulb, and I'll probably never master all the features this machine has, but what fun I'm having now.

I didn't even wish for a new computer, as I was happy with the old one, but I guess Santa knows best, as this is one of the nicest toys I've had in years.

Dick

Richard Douglas

Whew Santa was good to YOU! I'd never be able to have one of those. I am always doing bad stuff while I am on the computer, LOL, like making bad faces at people, playing with my hair, usually have loud heavy metal on in the background (I can see a 3 way conference call with Tom Araya screaming "MORE SEX MORE LIES MORE OF EVERYTHING!!!!")

Not to mention my daughter s usually on the phone right beside me having some creepy discussions about vampires and werewolves with her friends in a very loud voice (we're all addicted to horror flicks here).

Better for me to stay out of sight.

Killer jacket Gina.

OK here's my christmas hooch. My wife finally got tired of the tubs of seeds germinating in the bathtub.

6X10 footer. Not too high tech, but it's my first one, so I'm a happy camper :D. Spent most of the afternoon assembling it.

l_3e1468d6d93c78f4395231c3b90d241a.jpg

Matt in Temecula, CA

Hot and dry in the summer, cold with light frost in the winter. Halfway between the desert and ocean

Nice score Matt!  I'm sure that baby will be full in no time...  I'm finding my structure size dictates the speed of my addiction...  Keep us posted if you find the same to be true. :;):

You'll love it! You'll fill it up in no time and get another. You can string them all together with piped in heating, piped in music, start a little mini-conservatory porchside!

You have a nice view, BTW.