IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Our lovely Pets...!

Kris

Kris,

Thanks for all your kind words. The pets are great and probably eat too good, thanks to my wife.

I also wish you and your family a Merry Christmas too!

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Eclectus nostrals are under the feathers just above his beak. You see em when he's wet, Great bird, very friendly and not too noisey, as far as parrots go.     Randy

"If you need me, I'll be outside" -Randy Wiesner Palm Beach County, Florida Zone 10Bish

Dear Friends  :)

those are fentastic visuals...and dear kent that lovely pet of your's seem's to be in a pensive mood,were your kids or its master away while that shot was taken ? that pet seems to be very experessive of its mood ?

Dear Josh  :)

out of your 2 pets my favouriate is the boston terrier...it resembles a littel to my pet sumo,you can see it in the first still.. :)

Dear palmisland  :)

your Beezer is 14 years old ! i did not know medium sized birds live so long..and its nice to know that it has speech

quality..And also thanks for the information on your pet..

lots of love to you all,

Kris  :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

thanks for making your avatar more beautiful and less conterversial,since some don't want religion brought into this forum..and i have fallen in love with your pet_"terrier" !  :)

And my two pets are boxers. And if your pet can talk & ask my heart i sware i will give it smiling...though iam not captain barbossa of the pirates of the carabiean.... :D

the recent stills of your terrier looking passively is simply superb !

thanks & lots of love to you & your pets...& merry christmas & happy new year_2008.

love conquers all..

43278.gif

DSC_0040-1.jpg K.C. and his best red teddy impression. Randy

"If you need me, I'll be outside" -Randy Wiesner Palm Beach County, Florida Zone 10Bish

Dear palmisland  :)

very beautiful & picturisque still,worth to be sent as post cards to once friends & also use it as monitor wallpapers !  :)

lots of love & merry christmas...

love conquers all..

43278.gif

here is that sumo that i talked about...very very energetic & playful pet i have ever come across_all boxers are like that !

if one does not have time for pets one should not buy or grow this breed..and never likes to be scoulded,if done it does not eat for say 2 day or so...or till its owner pats and passifies it.and its a family dog,unlike germanshepard or doberman..

142d30b4.jpg

love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Here is our pinky & sumo(Boxers)on their Boxers day...!  :)

fighting hard for a yellow coloured hardened rubber ball...see the visuals to get a clearer picture of what iam saying.

post-108-1199199293_thumb.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Gene, K.C .is a 100% Irish Setter. His dad is "Fonzie", the most show winning Setter ever! Great family dogs, wonderful personalities, but high energy.018.jpg

Another recent pic of Opelousas (Lucy).

I hope no one is eating, but here's a bonus tip I just learned regarding her and her brother Mamou's toileting habits:  I happened to be reading up on a beneficial digestive bacteria called Acidophilus when, just for fun, I Googled "Acidophilus for cats".  Sure enough, several sites came up recommending the stuff.  I'm here to tell you, it works like a champ!  Lucy's visits to the box used to clear out everyone from half the house - after a few weeks with a daily dusting of Acidophilus powder on her food and virtually no smell!  Her brother was having a pretty severe bought with diarrhea also.  We put him on the stuff, and he's totally back to normal. I don't think it's something you have to over-do.  Just a "booster" every few weeks or so has seemed to keep their little guts healthier than before.  We just use the human version from the vitamin store (should be refrigerated).

Steve

post-193-1199389522_thumb.jpg

USDA Zone 9a/b, AHS Heat Zone 9, Sunset Zone 28

49'/14m above sea level, 25mi/40km to Galveston Bay

Long-term average rainfall 47.84"/1215mm

Near-term (7yr) average rainfall 55.44"/1410mm

Dear Steve  :)

that stills of your pet looks fentastic,nice lighting...the still has come out very beautiful...

thanks & love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Dear Friends  :)

here is a lovely still of Rottweiler's that belong to our dear friend Clayton york (Utopian Palms)..

Since he's busy with his gardening work,i thought i will post this lovely still of his pets...!  :)

Utopia_Palms.jpg

Lots of love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Yikes Kris, That one on the left looks like he saw me slip a stray seed in my pocket! :o    Randy

(palmisland @ Jan. 05 2008,00:41)

Yikes Kris, That one on the left looks like he saw me slip a stray seed in my pocket! :o    Randy

I think only Clayton could confirm that...!  :laugh:

love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

here is the still of rocky,the father of our Sumo ! this pet died last year..since you wished to see it.iam posting this still.and its memories are still fresh in my mind...

24e55452.jpg

love,

Kris.

love conquers all..

43278.gif

I'm in South Jersey for the week "babysitting" my mother and my sisters puppy, her name is Flower DSC_0088.jpg Randy

Dear randy wiesner  :)

Lovely flower she is ! how old is she and what breed is it_Mastiff ? Very beautiful no doubt it too deserves a deep kiss in its forehead.  :)

thanks for that beautiful still wish to see more stills of this baby !

lots of love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Kris, I screwed up her name, It's "Feather", she's a Chinese Shar-Pei.  DSC_0093.jpg   These pics were taken this past August, when she was 4mos old. I'll post some more recent pics later. :)

Dear Randy  :)

i guess the startrek series was taken seeing your feather's face.since lot of new faces were introduced to human form..

Anyway i mistook for a mastiff ! but i love this breed but its totally new to me...how big will it grow any idea !

Thanks & love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Dear Allen Sharar  :)

lovely pets and the white boxer with a dark eye happens to be my favouriate,he should have been named as bruno or tysen... :D

And the austrilian shepeard is new to me and looks adroable too !

thanks & love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Dear Allen  :)

thanks for those new stills and i noticed that all boxers have a tendency to lift their left legs midway and invite its master...one thing i do not follow is that are they asking us to shake hands or asking us to join their game of throwing the ball and asking to go fetch it !

Our boxers also do the same gesture as seen in your pets ? :)

thanks & love to u & your pets..

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Hi Kris, Shar Peis get 50-60 lbs, very solid under all the wrikles :)   Randy

• 1 month later...

Aww geeze ya made me do it. Had 3 box turtle hatchlings this year, next Christmas we'll put a palm frond in the photo. Nice to see you have tortoises Jeff. Palms and turtles, like peanut butter and chocolate.

Tim

Turtles.jpg

Tim

Hilo, Hawaii

A picture of my dog Lulú.  She's a mixed breed mutt born and raised in Costa Rica.  

I got her (already named) when she was 8 weeks old and she's now about 15 months old.  

She gets cold and night and curls up and covers her nose, or most nights she sleeps under the sheet.  

P2060001.jpg

Formerly Jeff in Costa Rica

Wow, you have a whole pack Gene. Very cool. Is that a Dane up top?

Matt

Matt in Temecula, CA

Hot and dry in the summer, cold with light frost in the winter. Halfway between the desert and ocean

Matt-Yup that's a Great Dane on top. I think we have about 11 dogs total.

3 big ones-- all Great Danes and about 8 "askals" or mutts/mongrels. They basically act as a big pack guarding the house.  The little ones sound the alarm and the big ones are the enforcers.

Gene

Manila, Philippines

53 feet above sea level - inland

Hot and dry in summer, humid and sticky monsoon season, perfect weather Christmas time

http://freakofnaturezzz.blogspot.com/

Dear Tim  :)

that looks like a nice pack of gift with those lovely turtles.. :)

Dear Jeff  :)

your Lulú seems to me as the happiest person on this earth !  :)

And Dear Gene  :)

hey,you have them in plenty...that still looks cool... :)

love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Our family pets Neo and Lia enjoying the garden last May. Neo is on the prowl for lizards, whilst Lia prefers honing her 'big cat' skills up a tree. My own black cat (no name, so I call her "guapa") is an alpha female who turned up at our cortijo one day and decided to stay. When my parents bought a second home nearby, I put her there and stay overnight to feed her. She's learning finally, that it's no longer a requirement to attack every cat she sees, and waits with anticipation for me to turn up every day, as I do.

Neo

neo.jpg

Lia

lia.jpg

"Guapa"

guapa.jpg

John

John,

"Guapa" is a propos.  She's beautiful!

Steve

USDA Zone 9a/b, AHS Heat Zone 9, Sunset Zone 28

49'/14m above sea level, 25mi/40km to Galveston Bay

Long-term average rainfall 47.84"/1215mm

Near-term (7yr) average rainfall 55.44"/1410mm

Thanks Steve. It's funny, because growing up with cats I always wondered if I'd ever own one, knowing that I was the sort of person who would never consciously go out of my way to acquire one. Apropos she is indeed. My mother had been arranging to find her a place in a local refuge, and I was resigned to letting her go. However, on the day I heard a place had been found for her, there was an incident involving an abandoned dog nearby - if you can imagine the stance of a Staffordshire Bull Terrier with the size of a black Labrador - a devilish looking creature! Well it ate our neighbour's rabbits, leaving body parts strewn across his garden. I later heard it killed a goat and some chickens belonging to a local gitano family who subsequently shot it dead. My cat had gone missing, so I naturally feared the worst until I heard her meowing - somewhere. I checked all over our garden and the neighbours, unable to pinpoint the sound, until I looked up... she'd scaled an old electricity pylon that stands in our neighbours garden! I was able to get a ladder across from our terrace, and gave her a lift down on my shoulder. As I climbed down, my mother turned up in the garden to tell me that she'd been accepted at the local cat refuge. Consequently, I didn't need to think twice.

Here's a spooky photo of her sitting in a window of the house which I renovated last summer. Stone walls 2 feet thick, and how do you fit a new, regulation electric meter in a two hundred year old house? Why, discover a window that had been blocked up for over half a century. Shades of Edgar Allan Poe's 'The Black Cat'?

post-1155-1206612903_thumb.jpg

Dear John  :)

lovely stills and very beautiful pets ! and i must say you are good photographer with and artestic eye...those stills speaks volumes of your taste... :)

thanks & love,

By the way the black cat comming out of the grill,looks superb ! and here india we believe that pure black cats ward off bad omen... ???

love conquers all..

43278.gif