IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Our lovely Pets...!

Kris

Dear Friends  :)

i love to see some of your pets..be it your cats,dogs,sankes or lizards...turtles,horses,parrots & fishes too !  :)

here are my pets _Pinky & Sumo.(mother & daughter).

331061b9.jpg

Love,

Kris  :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Heres my rats (mini dachsunds)

Chilli -  - she is a psycho for that ball

l_0a1031901f21f65bdb21d6384b235261.jpg

Corn - he is missing a few screws

l_bdfb64e3324d01389dae912b0f16c21e.jpg

Brew  - he's a couple short of a full deck also

l_042f6ef5af0b3b6a92bbc270d701c6e6.jpg

Sage - She's a sweetie

l_605b9523101c7e0de405562e10b2d3c1.jpg

Matt in Temecula, CA

Hot and dry in the summer, cold with light frost in the winter. Halfway between the desert and ocean

My hamster, Andy!

rt17zh3.jpg

rt15sq1.jpg

Long story behind this little guy.  About 2 years ago I was walking down the stairs at my old apartment complex.  I noticed this little guy on one of the landings.  I took him in, and posted signs around the building.  No one ever claimed him.

- Scott -

Littleton Colorado - Zone 6A.

Growing several Rhapidophyllum hystrix, and attempting a T-Fortunei.

We have 4 dogs, 5 cats, 2 turkeys, and god knows what will show up next out here.  We do tend to take in strays.  But this little guy is my number 1.  His name is Paco and I call him the co-dependent alpha male.

PICT0877.JPG

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

Here's a belated first birthday (11-15) wish to my Lucy.  I almost said "little", but she's getting a little bigger every day.  Bigger around that is.  For Keith's benefit, her real name is "Opelousas".  Her big brother's name is "Mamou".

post-193-1196830302_thumb.jpg

USDA Zone 9a/b, AHS Heat Zone 9, Sunset Zone 28

49'/14m above sea level, 25mi/40km to Galveston Bay

Long-term average rainfall 47.84"/1215mm

Near-term (7yr) average rainfall 55.44"/1410mm

Opelousas and Mamou.   Now ya talkin' my language.    Next time you find yourself in So. Louisiana let me know.  I would be embarrased at this point to show you around the place at this stage, but why not.  Someday it will be something to look at.

Here is #2 dog.  This is Stella.  She is from Ricohoc, Louisiana.  These dogs are known locally as Rat Terriers.  I always think about her when I see the "dirt dog" competitions.  Trained, she would put those other dogs to shame.  She has an odd personality, but still got to love her.

DSC00612.JPG

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

And this is Bean.  He is a Chihuahua that looks like a miniature Greyhound.  Skinny little thing is impossible to fatten up and he eats 3 times as much as all of the other dogs too, but you ought to see him run.  A real trip.  Should have named him "Speedy Gonzales."  

PICT0019.JPG

Seeing all your pets,one poem comes vividely to my mind...that i red in my kindergardens... :)

All things bright & beautiful,

All creatures great & small,

All things wise and wonderfull,

The good god made them all...

Thanks for the stills,those babies are all lovely and keep those stills comming my dear friends... :) And i love animals since they are more predicatable than our human race.. :laugh:

Kris.

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Here is an unusual one.  He was on the highway surely to be smashed, so I stopped to get him.  I released him in the bayou behind my house.  Not sure where he is now, but I wish him well.  This is a "Snapping Turtle."  

DSC00454.JPG

(keiththibodeaux @ Dec. 05 2007,22:05)

Here is an unusual one.  He was on the highway surely to be smashed, so I stopped to get him.  I released him in the bayou behind my house.  Not sure where he is now, but I wish him well.  This is a "Snapping Turtle."  

DSC00454.JPG

Keith,

I noticed you live in Iberia Parish.  My husband and a good friend of his are driving out next week to New Iberia to see James Lee Burke at the Books on the Teche bookstore.  I guess Mr. Burke only does 2 signings a year now.   My husband is so excited he is beside himself!  James Lee Burke is his favorite author.

Palmmermaid

Kitty Philips

West Palm Beach, FL

Couldn't choose one  :)

28102007-2.jpg

0109.20078.jpg

2008.20072.jpg

maca2.jpg

island Vis, adriatic sea, Croatia. Zone 9b/10a

Temperature low last winter: -0.9°C/30.4 F

Temperature low this winter: -0.3°C/31.5 F

-Creating my own little palm heaven-

(palmmermaid @ Dec. 06 2007,14:46)

DSC00454.JPG

Keith,

I noticed you live in Iberia Parish.  My husband and a good friend of his are driving out next week to New Iberia to see James Lee Burke at the Books on the Teche bookstore.  I guess Mr. Burke only does 2 signings a year now.   My husband is so excited he is beside himself!  James Lee Burke is his favorite author.

I live 6 miles south of New Iberia between it and the next little town named Jeanerette.   New Iberia is a small quaint little town.  While here, be sure to stop in to see Shadows on the Teche, then drive over to see Avory Island (home of Tabasco) and its gardens, and right down the road go see Rip Van Winkle Gardens.  Each reside on Salt Domes and are quite unique.  Not the greatest time of the year to view them, but they are small can be covered in an hour of so each and worth a view.

Here is a old still taken,i think when i was studying my highschool..

And i must tell u,till this day all our male dogs are named as 'Rocky' _

002.jpg

Love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Dear Scott  :)

what variety of Viper is it ? is it Venomous type ! yes its scary to the eye..

thanks for that lovely still,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

She's quite nice(thanks go to Alan-Tampa for the help finding her).  

However, my male Mangrove is crazy, bat guano crazy.  

Kris,  Mangrove snakes- Boiga dendrophila are a rear-fanged(not a viper)Malaysian colubrid.  The are venomous, but lack a delivery system effective against people...In other words, they have bullets-but no gun.

Dear Scott  :)

thanks for the additional info on that deadly beauty...i did not know that information before...

lots of love,

And by the way that's beautiful avatar you got there..and iam shure you are too a great animal lover...

love conquers all..

43278.gif

(palmmermaid @ Dec. 06 2007,14:46)

Keith,

How did the trip go?  That was one heck of a drive. - k

DSC_0055-2.jpg017.jpg Beezer the Eclectus and K.C. patrolling the yard for iguanas....Randy

"If you need me, I'll be outside" -Randy Wiesner Palm Beach County, Florida Zone 10Bish

Dear palmisland  :)

lovely parrot,does your parrot speak or repeat what we say...

since in india our green parrots do that ?

thanks for those lovely stills,

Love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Here's a couple of pictures of my wife's two albino hedgehogs. They are small still, and even have red eyes. These were a present from the kids for Mothers Day this last May.

post-23-1198114714_thumb.jpg

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Here's a better pic. She just calls them the "hogs".

post-23-1198114827_thumb.jpg

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Here I am with our two biggest African Spurred Tortise.

Jeff

post-23-1198115139_thumb.jpg

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

And here's our two smaller ones. Their names are Hortus and Gratus.Today was a treat to get such a buffet of food. There's bananas, tomatoes, romain lettuce, cat food, and tortise chow. Usually it's just the lettuce or tortise chow. Hmm yummmy!

Jeff

post-23-1198115265_thumb.jpg

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

here's a couple of red foots,which are the larger ones, and the other two are called hingebacks. I'm not sure what their botanical names are. The redfoots are extreamly friendly and never bite. They love to have their necks rubbed. Where as the hingebacks, their totally the opposite they never come out of their shell when you hold them. The redfoots are named Picta, and the other is Chigua,named after a couple of Zamia's. The hingebacks are just called "the hingebacks", like bad neighbors! :P

Jeff

post-23-1198115985_thumb.jpg

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

And here's my buddy,"Kona", named after a palm of course. Masoala kona from Madagascar. He's 1 1/2 years old, male and he's a Bullmastiff.

Jeff

post-23-1198116164_thumb.jpg

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

The german sheppard is "Joe". He's about 9 years old.

post-23-1198116282_thumb.jpg

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Here's Joe eating the remains of some lettuce. Go figure......

post-23-1198116370_thumb.jpg

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Dear 007 Jeff  :)

thanks for those lovely stills of your loved onces and my eyes never tire seeing your pets,especially i have a soft corner for the bull's.and i have said on earlier ocassion that i wish to plant a deep kiss on Kona's forehead..that stay's.. :)

A lovely pet & a great owner ! And Mr.Bond you are living my dream... ???  

thanks a lot & merry christmas to you & family,that would include even your pets...

love conquers all..

43278.gif

The obligatory yellow lab.  Goes by the name of "Duke".  This is our third lab.  we love 'em.  This just might be the smartest dog in all of Kansas, possibly the midwest.  

picturesofdog004.jpg

Kent in Kansas.

Gowing palm trees in the middle of the country - Kansas.

It's hot in the summer (usually) and cold in the winter (always).

Maybe Kaluah would like lettuce! :laugh:  Randy

"If you need me, I'll be outside" -Randy Wiesner Palm Beach County, Florida Zone 10Bish

Kris, Beezer is 14 years old, very, very tame and says 40+ different phrases. He also curses. (he watches way too much sports)  Randy