IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Kris Engagement Stills..

Kris

Kris!

More pictures.

Thank you so much for sharing!

dave

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Congatz kris.

I always enjoy seeing different cultures, and you look to be one lucky guy!

heres to planting a palm in galveston for your future :)

Allen

Galveston Island Tx

9a/9b

8' Elevation

Sandy Soil

Jan Avgs 50/62

Jul Avgs 80/89

Average Annual Rainfall 43.5"

Thank you very much & iam glad you all liked it..Now lets move on to the rest of the stills !  :)

Here the Girl's relatives prepare the draft agrement of this entire function with the assistance of the priest..

post-108-1195539111_thumb.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

I was carrying a camera around my neck so as to get visuals of anitha in the angles that i liked...during that time i covered even their proffessional photographer.. :D

post-108-1195539509_thumb.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Now the boy & the girl is given some time to look at each other,while the relatives are bussy with fixing the marriage dates for the wedding !

post-108-1195541085_thumb.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Now lets see a glance at the mood of the guest & relatives who have gathered at the ocassion.. :D i see most were in a sleepy mood & were waiting for the dinner to be served..!  :P

post-108-1195541567_thumb.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Here we can see the lady in pink saree is Ani's mother,enquiring the guest wheather they need any coffee,tea & refreashments.. :) since most of the guest have travelled & have come from long distance to grace this occassion..

post-108-1195542183_thumb.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Now wheatever items was given is received back..the theme is what you give,is what you will receive,that would include even respect..(Tradition says !).. :)

post-108-1195542928_thumb.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Now as the function is comming to a close,both relatives of the concerned parties bless the Girl with 16 wealth's of life..that would also include blessings of progeny.

post-108-1195543243_thumb.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Now the girl is asked to take the blessing from her mother,since her father expired long back the entire function is organised by her uncle..

post-108-1195543660_thumb.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Now its the boy's turn to do the same.. :)

And by the way the coustume worn now by kris is given by the girl's elders.

post-108-1195543958_thumb.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Hey Kris , I'd say some of Gina's metal music could have got that crowd enthused.

Seriously though, a nice story on rituals but if they were fair dinkum, someone sould have presented you with a Corypha.  :;):

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

Kris,

Thanks for the great shots of in important part of life. You have become a premier photo journalist.

dk

Don Kittelson

LIFE ON THE RIO NEGRO

03° 06' 07'' South 60° 01' 30'' West

Altitude 92 Meters / 308 feet above sea level

1,500 kms / 932 miles to the mouth of the Amazon River

Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil - A Cidade da Floresta

Where the world´s largest Tropical Rainforest embraces the Greatest Rivers in the World. .

82331.gif

Click here to visit Amazonas

amazonas2.jpg

Dear Wal  :)

yes you are right,even i felt the need for some heavy-metal stuff,so as to wake up those sleepy relatives & guests.. :)

And as for the Talipot's_work is in progress... :D

Lots of love to you,

Kris  :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif