IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Best cell phone plan in existence

jenks

What's up gang.

First, let me say that I do not benefit in any way form the deal I am about to tell you all about. I just want to share it with you all because I think it is the best bargain out there- maybe a little payback for all the knowledge I have accumulated from the fine posters on the board.

My family business has had a 6 line Verizon account over 10 years. While waiting for Verizon to come out with a PDA phone with technology less than three years old, I stumbled upon a couple of phone geek web sites where others were waiting for the same thing. While following these potential release dates (and watching them come and go with no new phones), I noticed dozens of people say "Screw this, I am going to a SERO account"

After 4 months of this and a few calls to Verizon, I decided to check this SERO thing out. Glad I did.

SERO is a Sprint employee referral plan. They do not advertise it but anyone can get one. They are individual plans - no family share plans - but you can add multiple lines. They are so cheap that lack of sharing doesn't even matter.

There are 3 plans.

500 minutes - $30.00

1250 minutes - 49.00

2500 minutes - 99.00

Maybe you have heard of similarly priced plans? Did they have UNLIMITTED data?

This is what is included in the plan(s):

Unlimited Sprint Vision or Power Vision - This is the kicker. It means UNLIMITED DATA

Unlimited Mobile to Mobile (In network only, Sprint to Sprint, Sprint to Nextel, Nextel to Sprint, Nextel to Nextel)

Unlimited Sprint Picture Mail

Unlimited Roaming (Sprint roams onto Verizon and Alltel)

Unlimited Nights & Weekends (either 6 or 7 PM, depending on when you started contract)

Free Unlimited Nationwide Long Distance

Voice Mail

Numeric Paging

Three-Way Calling

Unlimited SMS (Limited Time Offer: Offer ends 12/31/2007, although word is it may be extended.)

If you dont use data, you might be able to find a comparable price for the minutes. If you do use data or text - there is nothing remotely close.

I have been on the 30 trial. I am keeping it and switching all our lines to SERO. It is saving me approx 250.00 a month (Verizon wants 44.00 a month for unlimited data on top of the phone plan). I think I need to terminate one of my Verizon lines which will cost me a couple hundred dollars. Not worried about it - it will pay for itself in a few months.

My one concern was the cell coverage. Not an issue. For one, Sprint has a huge network now. Second, they roam onto Verizon and it is free. Have not dropped a call yet - even out in the boonies in the Eastern Sierra's. 5 years ago I wouldn't have considered switching - Sprint sucked in Socal. Not the case anymore and since they bought Nextell, they have updated almost all of the Nextell towers to support sprint. Plus, they have the roaming deals with Verizon and Alltel.

Sprint's data network rocks. Same technology as Verizon but is a little faster because it operates at a higher frequency that is better for data traffic. Using my phone as a modem for my laptop produces broadband speeds.

The one knock on Sprint these days is customer service. I found a list of "good" 800 numbers from the phone geeks and so far have not had any issues. I was able to port my old number to my new phone without a problem.

Sprint says the program ends in Dec but it may get extended. If you lock in before that, you would be good.

Here is a couple of links that will tell you everything you need to know.

http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.php/SPRINT_SERO

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthr....ht=sero

I hope I didn't come accross as a Sprint salesman.  Again, i have nothing to gain by someone jumping on one of these plans. I have done quite a bit of research on this stuff over the last few months and have shared this will all my friends.

Laguna Niguel, CA