IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Happy birthday to Jeff  Searle..

Kris

Dear 007 Jeff  :)

Wish you many happy returns of the day and may god bless you with all the joys & happiness along with good health to serve the plant kingdom...

lots of love to you_Mr.Bond,

Kris  :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Happy Birthday Jeff.  I hope the rain gods are good to you this year.

DK

Don Kittelson

LIFE ON THE RIO NEGRO

03° 06' 07'' South 60° 01' 30'' West

Altitude 92 Meters / 308 feet above sea level

1,500 kms / 932 miles to the mouth of the Amazon River

Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil - A Cidade da Floresta

Where the world´s largest Tropical Rainforest embraces the Greatest Rivers in the World. .

82331.gif

Click here to visit Amazonas

amazonas2.jpg

Half century Jeff, join the club, well done, hope you have a good day and a healthy future.

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

(metalfan @ Nov. 07 2007,07:07)

I can hear the whir of that tattoo machine now......

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D ......and  :laugh:

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Happy birthday, Jeff.  Hope you had a great party and many more birthdays.

Since you've passed this milestone, you can forget about age and get on with living.

Palmmermaid

Kitty Philips

West Palm Beach, FL

Happy birthday Jeff.   Maybe we could do a poll thingy with some body art and let the forum members pick out a tatoo for you.    You in?

Kent in Kansas.

Gowing palm trees in the middle of the country - Kansas.

It's hot in the summer (usually) and cold in the winter (always).

Have a great birthday Jeff.

Take care,

Matt

Matt in Temecula, CA

Hot and dry in the summer, cold with light frost in the winter. Halfway between the desert and ocean

Many, many more!

David

Hollywood Hills West, Los Angeles, CA USA

Southwest facing canyon | Altitude 600 - 775 feet | Decomposing granite
USDA Zone 10b | AHS 6 | Sunset Zone 23 | Köppen Csb | No frost or freezes
Average Low 49 F°/9.4 C° | Average High 79 F°/28.8 C° | Average Rainfall 20"/50.8 cm

Happy brithday Jeff...That look on your face when you drove up was priceless.   :laugh:

Great party...i'm gonna have Andrea plan one for me...your yard looked amazing too. ..esp the C.Rigida

The Palm Mahal

Hollywood Fla

Happy birthday, Jeff.  Celebrate!

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

To all,

Thanks for all the kind comments! It was a total surprise to come home after doing the palm sale down at Fairchild's Bot. Garden, pull up the driveway and to see 100+ people standing there. And, some of which were palm vendors that I had just spent the entire day with! It was a great party, Andrea really surprised the hell out of me. Thaks again...... :) ,

Jeff

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Jeff,

Sounds like you had a great day! But it's not quite over yet, so Happy Birthday on your 50th and enjoy!

From Matt (MattyB), me (bgl) and Paul (pohonkelapa)!

Aloha!

post-22-1194474494_thumb.jpg

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

:)  Happy belated Birthday Jeff...

Rick (tikirick) told me that your Surprise Party was just that... and that  you were quite surprised. Also, I just wanted again to say THANK YOU for the Myolensys replacement that I picked up on Monday. Thanks again.

David

David Currie

Tamarac, FL ....suburban Fort Lauderdale

Zone 10B

Jeff Searle

The Man

The Legend

The Palm nut with 50 years under his belt! :P

The Double Oh Seven repleeka!  :P

Someone I consider my friend.

Congratulations, Jeff, I hope I can type as well and make it to your 50+50 = 100 bash!  :blush:

Bill

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

its a pleasure & an honor to wish you the happiest of birthdays!

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

Happy 50 Jeff.

Tampa, Interbay Peninsula, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10A

Bokeelia, Pine Island, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10B

Of Jeff I forgot to tell you its a tradition when a palmophile "Royal" such as yourself turns 50, in addition to the tat you have to get a Prince Albert.

"You can't see California without Marlon Brando's eyes"---SliPknot

(bgl @ Nov. 07 2007,17:28)

Jeff,

Sounds like you had a great day! But it's not quite over yet, so Happy Birthday on your 50th and enjoy!

From Matt (MattyB), me (bgl) and Paul (pohonkelapa)!

Aloha!

Thanks guys for the great picture. It has "Three Stooges" written all over it!

Jeff

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

all the best sir!

Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.

Abraham Lincoln

The way of the transgressor is hard

Jeff,

Hope you had a great Birthday, sorry for the late wishes. Too much work and not enough Palmtalk :D

Best regards, Mike

Zone 5? East Lansing MI

(metalfan @ Nov. 08 2007,15:51)

Of Jeff I forgot to tell you its a tradition when a palmophile "Royal" such as yourself turns 50, in addition to the tat you have to get a Prince Albert.

I almost talked myself into one of those 20 years ago. At THAT time that was real rare!  :P  Do you have the Ladies collection? :D

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

I only know 3 guys who have talked themselves into getting a Prince, and one with a Reverse Prince. If I was a guy, I don't think I could do it.

I have a collection, but that's all I'm sayin'.

I was actually more likely gonna get an Ampalang than a P A, but didn't do either.

Happy belated Birfday old man!  (I'm six months behind you!)

PA and Ampalang?  Sorry but I am clueless.

Jerry

So many species,

so little time.

Coconut Creek, Florida

Zone 10b (Zone 11 except for once evey 10 or 20 years)

Last Freeze: 2011,50 Miles North of Fairchilds

I currently will not set off a metal detector at an airport if asked to disrobe...... :D

Gina- I was curious how many would know.. . . . . . .

Ok, ok. I just did my homework. And I can assure you one thing, there won't be any Prince Albert or a Ampallang. Hell no, brother! I might eat a bug or two(Survivor), but these guys are f...ing crazy! And to just think, I once went to Borneo a few years back looking for palms with the Iban's. No, I'll just stick to my palm tattoo. But interesting... :D  I'll have pic.'s when I get it. Maybe next week.

Jeff

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Linking in from the bottom of this page:

http://palmtalk.org/cgi-bin....2;st=40

Approx. 5:30 PM...

On the way back up north, we ran into an unexpected bonus delay, the usual Palmetto traffic. While we carefully negotiated the hazards of South Florida expressway driving, Andrea had called a few times. She was asking about an E.T.A., so she could get a popular dish ready for their neighbor's 'party'. The time between her calls seemed endless. There was a strange dichotomy going on within me at this time. One side was glad about the traffic delay, knowing this would give Andrea and everyone more time to get ready... while the other side was becoming increasingly nervous about how the next 30 minutes were going to unfold...

Approx. 5:50PM...

Jeff's 50th Surprise Birthday party was about 10 minutes away at this point. We continued to drive on up the expressways. My one final job of the surprise involved a fake radio call to Andrea, which would let her know we were about 5 minutes away. After we turned off the last major road, I made the fake call, pretending to call one of my relatives. Taking a few turns we came across the second to last street before reaching Jeff's house. We made the turn, and to the amazement of Jeff:

"Wow, look at all these cars, Ronnie must be having a big party. But, where are all the people? They ain't in his backyard."

"Hmm." I said, staying calm. "They must be inside or around somewhere."

When he drove to his gate, he slowed to let me out so I could get to my car...he noticed my car was not in the same place as it was that morning.

"Howcome your car isn't in the same spot?"

"Oh, Andrea asked me to move it before we left." - An impossibility of physics but the lie worked.

"Are you going home now?"

"Eh, I can come in for a little bit... it ain't that dark to still look around."

...Jeff drives his truck through the gate then slowly goes a little to the left then a hard turn to the right, heading towards the garage. When he made that last turn we both saw about 130 people in a large, crescent-shaped crowd facing the truck bearing huge grins and smiles. Jeff blurts out:

"What in hell is going on..."

He gave me a weird look and I tried not to laugh, he made a comical swing in my direction but I avoided it. The crowd had begun moving towards us so Jeff had to stop the truck. He put it in park and got on out. I was getting my camera out of my camera bag as fast as I could while simultaneously opening the passenger door. After I brought my camera to bear, I ran around the front of the truck and took the following photo...

2007-11-03_17-01-12.jpg

- 6:01PM: Surprise! Jeff's wife Andrea walks on up to Jeff to give him one big hug and to say surprise. Saying surprise to Jeff at this point was rather redundant, as he had not a clue in the world. Sorry about the blur, that was user error on my part as my hands were shaking.

2007-11-03_17-01-30.jpg

- The right half of the crowd, seconds after we arrived. Jeff's sister Kathy is in the center, being one of the first to give Jeff a hug.

2007-11-03_17-01-40.jpg

- The other half got to Jeff first, giving hugs and screaming surprise or just plain laughing. Jeff gets a hug from his sister-in-law, Tracy. She, along with her husband Ronnie had flown in from Roanoke, Virginia just to surprise him.

2007-11-03_17-01-48.jpg

more to come...

Ryan

South Florida

- 6:01PM, still: The look of total surprise. You could not have painted a better expression with a thousand brushes over a thousand years. Everyone began singing 'Happy Birthday' at this point.

2007-11-03_17-01-56.jpg

- Tracy's husband Ronnie gave Jeff a quick handshake and a laugh as he couldn't hold back the excitement.

2007-11-03_17-02-22.jpg

- Noticing some of the guests were beginning to head towards the pool, deciding to greet Jeff later, I jumped in the back of the truck to get a wide angle of as many people as I could.

2007-11-03_17-02-42.jpg

- 6:03PM: The onslaught continues. Jeff's reaction to family and friends was historic. It was a like a weird dream set to music. All of his closest friends and family members were all in one spot.

2007-11-03_17-03-00.jpg

much more to come...

Ryan

South Florida

Your party looks fabulous!

It cracks me up that you guys have to look that stuff up, LOL

- 6:03PM: The surprises keep coming...

2007-11-03_17-03-40.jpg

2007-11-03_17-03-46.jpg

2007-11-03_17-04-56.jpg

- 6:05PM: Two Forum members who certainly covered great distances that day, Rick Leitner (TikiRick) in the center with Dick Douglas (PalmGuyWC) towards the left, wearing his upgraded palm shirt. They did quite a bit in one day, not only to tour S. Florida and to attend the palm sale, but to make it back up north to get to Jeff's party.

2007-11-03_17-05-38.jpg

Ryan

South Florida