IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Your online name and avatar

palmmermaid

Mandrew968. My name is Andrew but in college, a few girls used to call me Mandrew. Then a few more people started calling me that. Mandrew is usually more available than Andrew and 968 is the model car I had in College. Still have the car and love driving it! :D

My Avatar photo is of me(college years) in the cloud forests of Monte Verde, Costa Rica.

My first choice for a user name was already taken, (Palmlover) so I thought you know we're all a little "Palm crazy" on this board so I went for it.

The avatar was a no brainer since I already had this crazy looking glass art piece on one of my palm trunks. It fits me.... :mrlooney:

I am John, John of Andalucia! That is my neighbours house, as seen from my door.

Trivia for newbies: The IPS "logo" under your avatar is a photo of a Washingtonia robusta in my garden. I also designed the logo. cool.gif

Mandrew968. My name is Andrew but in college, a few girls used to call me Mandrew. Then a few more people started calling me that. Mandrew is usually more available than Andrew and 968 is the model car I had in College. Still have the car and love driving it! :D

My Avatar photo is of me(college years) in the cloud forests of Monte Verde, Costa Rica.

i dont see your avatar photo,mandrew. do you mean profile photo?

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

My latest avatar is a picture of me, taken in my garden in May of 2003, right next to my newly-planted Roystonea oleracea.

I still have the paper bag, but not the Ollie :(

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

i thought he was hiding behind the ips logo///

"it's not dead it's sleeping"

Santee ca, zone10a/9b

18 miles from the ocean

avg. winter 68/40.avg summer 88/64.records 113/25

Dude, if I gotta explain mine then we're all in deep censored.gif!

Ha ha, GNARLY!

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Ha ha, GNARLY!

Help me understand.

Joe camel + Pamela Anderson = Smoking hot babes. What does the five mean? :huh:

Ha ha, GNARLY!

Help me understand.

Only a handful of guys would recognize the artwork from arguably the best surf movie of all time; 5 Summer Stories, so don't feel bad.

Ha ha, GNARLY!

Help me understand.

Only a handful of guys would recognize the artwork from arguably the best surf movie of all time; 5 Summer Stories, so don't feel bad.

Oh 'that's totally tubular dudette'. The art work is so small I though the girl in the bikini was a camel and the chick is actually a dude with a surfboard getting ready to wax his board.

Thanks for clearing that up Gonzer, I sure was totally wrong. :lol: 'Hang Five'

Edited by Palm crazy

My name is Rafael, and when i have registered in it was a mistake to type it with lowercase :D

Btw, i still havent find the way to change it, but i think i wont change it anymore :lol:

The art was done by a friend of the family, the late Rick Griffin, one of the 60's and 70's best graphic artists.

Google him to see his stuff, it's well worth the time. Where the hell'ja get 'Joe Camel'???icon_lmao.gif

ZZZ006838-PO.jpg

• Upvote 1

The art was done by a friend of the family, the late Rick Griffin, one of the 60's and 70's best graphic artists.

Google him to see his stuff, it's well worth the time. Where the hell'ja get 'Joe Camel'???icon_lmao.gif

ZZZ006838-PO.jpg

Well in my behalf, it was to small for me to notice what the artwork actually was, my bad. LOL! That's the problem with us artist types, to much imagination! :D :D :D

I had no idea R.G. did that art work too. I also see you can get his artwork on Van tennis shoes. COOL!

I miss some of those old psychedlic artist they were so ahead of there time and are now just icons.

I went to the Art Institute of Seattle back in the mid 80's, for graphic design, illustration and advertising. Back then it was called Visual Communication, before the big computer art nowadays.

I'm actually getting back into painting again after a decade or so of not doing any art.

Thanks

Roger

Edited by Palm crazy

Sure, that sounds good. :)

My name is Rafael, and when i have registered in it was a mistake to type it with lowercase :D

Btw, i still havent find the way to change it, but i think i wont change it anymore :lol:

i enjoy & applaud your use of all lower case. :)

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

i enjoy & applaud your use of all lower case. :)

Thanks Paul!

I recognise you in those words. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I don´t think that I am a boring nor basic person but my name is Jason Baker, I live in Portugal and my avatar is a picture of me taken about 2 years ago. It´s funny but I never imagined being someone or something else. :rolleyes: Just to keep up with Dave's job description: I am a body psychotherapist.

Cheers

Jason

Jason Baker

Central coastal Portugal

Zone 10a, 1300mm rain

warm-temperate, oceanic climate

looking for that exotic tropical island look

Agree with Bill - great toppic. B)

Online name: Z4Devil; based on the passion for my car (a BMW Z4 M Roadster) and my driving style. This username I usually prefer in forums.

Avatar: simply me. Will change from time to time.

Best regards, Verena

Member of the ultimate Lytocaryum fan society :)