IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Lovely Cars That We Love To See..

Kris

Here is a picture of my 99 z28 camaro. and my friends 2001 WS6 RAM AIR Trans Am, both cars are putting down around 450 hp to the ground. mods are as follows, SLP RAM AIR INTAKE, LS6, INTAKE MANIFOLD, HOOKER LONG TUBE HEADERS, PORTED AND POLISHED MAF, 85 MM THROTLE BODY, PERFORMANCE CAM, AND HEADS, 3 INCH, CATBACK EXUAST WITH CUTOUT. HYPERTECH PROGRAMMER, 160 DEG STAT. THROTLE BODY BYPASS. MOD. THE ONLY PROBLEM IS TO MUCH TIRE SPIN OUT OF THE HOLE, BUT I WILL TAKE IT. post-59-1235064518_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I will post a new message to some photos I took of a local exotic car show I went to this Sat.

Eric

Orlando, FL

zone 9b/10a

I will post a new message to some photos I took of a local exotic car show I went to this Sat.

:drool: Yes,we all would love to see it ! :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Saw this drive past today on the motorway. A genuine GT40...don't see too many of these old beauties on the road anymore! Must be worth a small fortune...

post-42-1242540956_thumb.jpg

post-42-1242540988_thumb.jpg

Gold Coast, Queensland Latitude 28S. Mild, Humid Subtropical climate. Rainfall - not consistent enough!

Wow Daryl, good spotting!

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just for fun...saw this a month back or so.

post-27-1249353761_thumb.jpg

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Somewhere near the start of this thread I mentioned that I was restoring an old Merc S-class (1967 250S W108).

Well I've been posting its progress on my blog. Here's a link to the 3 posts so far on the car's restoration if you want to check it out.

http://freakofnaturezzz.blogspot.com/searc...Mercedes%20Benz

Gene

Manila, Philippines

53 feet above sea level - inland

Hot and dry in summer, humid and sticky monsoon season, perfect weather Christmas time

http://freakofnaturezzz.blogspot.com/

Dear gene :)

Thanks for the update & for those fentastic visuals & commentry.By the way hats of to that mechanic who is doing this restoration work.And i love cars with less of on board computers.the mordern cars are real mess up..in the name of multipoint ingnation,pollution controls,the silencers with stage wise catalytatic convertors etc..which prevents from giving immidieate pick up till they are all heated/warmed-up!

Gone are the days where most of the v6,v8 had a grunting engine rumble noise..noboday cared about fuel efficinecy & milage.And most of the interiors were made of fine quality sude lether finish,with sport pedals & gear nob with some even having a mix of wood & brass in the steering wheels with the company monogram embossed in the horn switch.And most had jalwa horn(wind tone horn).And lots & lots of chromimum(S.S finish) in the door handles,fuel caps,mirrors,door & glass beedings.Even the exhaust pipe end would be having the chromium steel finish throat. :drool:

Now the modern cars like audi,bmw even merc all have switched to recycle pastic for the bumpers,door handles,display panel(interiors),steering wheel.and has lots of onboard computer gismos.If a fuse gets blown in highways during night.I think it has to be towed to the nearest petrol station.

Love,

Kris :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Somewhere near the start of this thread I mentioned that I was restoring an old Merc S-class (1967 250S W108).

Well I've been posting its progress on my blog. Here's a link to the 3 posts so far on the car's restoration if you want to check it out.

http://freakofnaturezzz.blogspot.com/searc...Mercedes%20Benz

Wow, can't wait to see when you finish it. That MB is a beauty! Love the wood trim around the windows. My W123 has wood on the dash but the windows are chrome. I have always loved old MBs and love the "stacked" headlights on yours. I see one of these occasionally around here still.

Eric

Orlando, FL

zone 9b/10a

Heres a few inspirational pic's. I've been fortunate enough to drive a few exotics. (not these)

EnzoDoors.jpg

800px-Maybach-exelero-stuttgart.jpg

supercardelivery.jpg

Edited by OverGrown

LA | NY | OC

Dear Peter :)

What's the black beauty seen in your still no.2 which has a side monogram stating its a V12.that is a fentastic car :drool: I like to know what brand that car is..

Thanks for those high quality stills ! :greenthumb:

Lots of love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Dear Peter :)

What's the black beauty seen in your still no.2 which has a side monogram stating its a V12.that is a fentastic car :drool: I like to know what brand that car is..

Thanks for those high quality stills ! :greenthumb:

Lots of love,

Kris,

That is the one off, Maybach Exelero 62. It's essentially a two door two seater Maybach, Cost is approximately 7.6 million. It has been around since 2005 but I'm in love with the design.

Peter

LA | NY | OC

Kris,

That is the one off, Maybach Exelero 62. It's essentially a two door two seater Maybach, Cost is approximately 7.6 million. It has been around since 2005 but I'm in love with the design.

Peter

Ho God ! What a car... :drool::drool::drool:

love conquers all..

43278.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Update on my car restoration project.

Sure is taking a while, 'no?

Here's the link:

http://freakofnaturezzz.blogspot.com/2010/02/old-merc-restoration-update-february.html

Can't wait for this to get painted already-- grrrrr

Gene

Manila, Philippines

Hot and dry in summer, humid and sticky monsoon season, perfect weather Christmas time

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Still far from being a completely restored car but there have been quite a few developments on the project car.

Here the link to the posts on my Blog:

http://freakofnaturezzz.blogspot.com/search/label/The%20Old%20Merc

Gene

Manila, Philippines

• 4 weeks later...

Doink . . . .

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Randy :)

Thanks for that lovely link...:greenthumb: And some of the vintage cars seen in those stills,i did have them as toys when i was a kid.And they were made in hong kong.

Beautiful cars and terrific alteration work.

Thanks & Love,

kris :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Dear William :)

Thanks for that lovely link on the electric powered car.I love it !

And here are some links to classis cars that are converted into hot rods...

Love,

kris :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

• 2 weeks later...