IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Lovely Cars That We Love To See..

Kris

(waykoolplantz @ Dec. 11 2007,07:10)

While it wasn't politically correct...i called Opel GT's Thalidomide Corvettes

Michael, we never got an answer on your mystery car!!!

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

(BS, Man about Palms @ Dec. 11 2007,10:01)

Don't see those very often. About a 1972?  Looked good. (The Opel GT)

2.1l, balanced engine from a European Rally car. Domed, Al pistons. Shot-peened internals. Getrag 5-spd.

11:1 compression. 110HP-That's alot considering it's light weight.  It originally had 67.

Darn thing would only run on 100 octane, but it was spooky quick.

The Holden/Pontiac I like because it is a sleeper-Totally Anti-Bling.

Dear Friends  :)

here is a classic car _ 1962 Ferrari 330 TRI/LM

But i wish to know why are those nickel pipes protruding from the engine cam area ? it appears to be sealed and has no functional vents in them..but what purpose does these pipes serve,they look like the organ pipes seen in churches..

here is the stills of that _

4ab111a5.jpg

67f2c859.jpg

this is how it would appear when the hood cover is closed..!

18d987c0.jpg

Thanks & Love,

Kris  :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Kris-

Those have several names, but a common name is "short stacks" or "rams".  Their job is to "align" the air as it entered the carbuerator or sometimes, early fuel injection systems.   It usually made a small increase in power. If nothing else, it looked really cool!

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Dear Bill  :)

Thanks for that wonderful & interasting peice of informaton...

And by the way they do look awasome..it remiends me of Mel Gibson's Max Max part one_Car... :)

Lots of love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

(BS, Man about Palms @ Dec. 11 2007,10:30)

Michael, we never got an answer on your mystery car!!!

Its a Toyota 2000 GT...a clone of the Bond car from "You Only Live Twice"

Kris...that Ferrari 330 has 6 Dual Throat Weber carbs...a throat for each of its 12 cylinders...there is only one 330Tri/LM...approx value  $$10 million. That would buy a lot of palms...and a nice place or 2 to grow them..

The Palm Mahal

Hollywood Fla

Dear Waykool  :)

Thanks a lot for that additional infomation and if the heart of that car is so huge and complex,its shure to make a lot of beautiful noice in the first 2 initial gears_Am i right !  :)

like any car enthusiast even i would love hear it roar...

thanks & love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

(waykoolplantz @ Nov. 08 2007,03:25)

my good friend has a few spectacular cars...

enzo013.jpg

A Ferrari enzo!?!?!?!  A few years ago those things were selling for $2 million.  Holy crap.  I will probably never save that much money in my whole life.

I saw one driving around in Corona Del Mar, CA but the guy had it painted silver.  I thought they were all red...

I like his other cars, too.  I need to set up a garden he wants his cars photographed within  :D

Zone 10B, starting 07/01/2013

They could be purchased in any color from the Ferrari color chart that was available the year it was ordered. If you were one of the luckey few that was picked buy Ferrari to buy one you would only have to pay about 600,000. The markup is supply and demand ( more money than brains).

With a tin cup for a chalice

Fill it up with good red wine,

And I'm-a chewin' on a honeysuckle vine.

Top 10 Supercars of 2007 :-

1. Bugatti 16/4 Veyron Pur Sang (Best Veryon)

2. Lamborghini Reventon (Styling Renaissance + LP640)

3. Koenigsegg CCXR Edition (1018 bhp, 1.5 million)

4. Ferrari F430 Scuderia (F430 with proper intakes)

5. Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera (100kg CF Diet)

6. Aston Martin DBS (James Bond's Whip)

7. Mazda Taiki Concept (Most Radical Concept Ever?)

8. Porsche 911 GT2 (Most Powerfull 911 from Porsche)

9. Vector Avtech WX-8 HPV (Revival of the outrageous)

10. Gumpert Apollo Sport (See one on Gumball 2008)

To see those beauties visit this link _

http://www.supercars.net/

love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

it seems engine technology & prescesion has reach staller heights compared to the one already seen above...

here you can see finest crafted engine & its compartment that is so fully packed it more resembles a interior of a computer or a Hi-end audio amplifer in terms of its sophitication...

the engine seen below is of ford Bullit _

a9581c31.jpg

the engine seen below is of Aston's Vantage V12 _

eb6e9bec.jpg

Love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

(krisachar @ Dec. 20 2007,10:23)

Top 10 Supercars of 2007 :-

1. Bugatti 16/4 Veyron Pur Sang (Best Veryon)

2. Lamborghini Reventon (Styling Renaissance + LP640)

3. Koenigsegg CCXR Edition (1018 bhp, 1.5 million)

4. Ferrari F430 Scuderia (F430 with proper intakes)

5. Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera (100kg CF Diet)

6. Aston Martin DBS (James Bond's Whip)

7. Mazda Taiki Concept (Most Radical Concept Ever?)

8. Porsche 911 GT2 (Most Powerfull 911 from Porsche)

9. Vector Avtech WX-8 HPV (Revival of the outrageous)

10. Gumpert Apollo Sport (See one on Gumball 2008)

To see those beauties visit this link _

http://www.supercars.net/

love,

The problem with #2 is that for an extra 700,000 over the list of a LP640 all you get is about 10 more HP and a new body style. Just pay the extra 200grand and get #1 on the list. Plus you left out the Ferrari 599.

Tom

With a tin cup for a chalice

Fill it up with good red wine,

And I'm-a chewin' on a honeysuckle vine.

I like that new Alfa too.

Dear Tom  :)

you are right but that listing is from supercars.net/ not my personal opnion.and we hardly see any of those bueaties here in india..so pricing does not matter at all !  :)

thanks & love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Kris and others,

I don't think I [posted this here before, but here is a video of me racing/playing in my Tuscan taken a few years back. Car is basically stock as built in 1968.

thanks for that video link of your's and i really enjoyed it...And love to see more of your life in fast lane... :)

Lots of love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

(krisachar @ Dec. 23 2007,07:12)

thanks for that video link of your's and i really enjoyed it...And love to see more of your life in fast lane... :)

Lots of love,

If you click on my name at you tube, you can see one other.

BS man

I just found the link to this car tonite. I'm in Love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a still of a Rear Engined buety & its some of the finest german engenerieng goes...And this stills goes out to all german cars loving friends...!  :)

a4bdfe27.jpg

Now i have a doubt _ when we see the specs of a ferarri or a Lambo ,they state that is a mid mounted engine...my question to you Auto experts is why a rear engined automobile is often referred to as mid engine mounted car,while most of its engine is in the rear trunk area....?

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Kris- a mid-engined car will generally be a 2 seater with the engine just behind the driver and in front of the rear wheels. A rear engined car may have more than 2 seats and has the engine over or behind the rear wheels.

The TVR's I have (and most)  have the engine set so far back (behind the front wheels) that they have often been refered to as "front mid-engined cars".

Post #148 nice rack...................and pinion steering :P

"If you need me, I'll be outside" -Randy Wiesner Palm Beach County, Florida Zone 10Bish

Dear randy wiesner  :D

i got your point loud & clear..that was one reason i posted it there...! ???

i am glad you liked it !

lots of love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

My beauties, and much to my wife's chagrin, this is not the complete collection.

DSC00947%20Small.JPG

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

Dear Keith  :)

lovely bycycles but we are discussing cars..but you have a point once we run out of the prescious fuel(Hi Octane) we will all be forced to drive the onces seen in your still.. :D

love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

• 2 weeks later...

here are some new updates..

Mercedes-Benz SL 600 :-

http://www.supercars.net/cars/4015.html

Gemballa Avalanche GTR 800 EVO-R :-

http://www.supercars.net/cars/4021.html

G-Power Hurricane :-

http://www.supercars.net/cars/4023.html

Edo Competition R8 :-

http://www.supercars.net/cars/4022.html

Love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Was in a Golf tournament this weekend and unable to make it to "The Cavallino Classic"at the Breaker's,which features an outlandish number of classic Ferrari's.I have been to it a number of times and am sure you can get pictures by Googling it.

One item of interest. It seems that actor Jim Belushi was in attendance at a birthday party after the event. The Birthday boy and Belushi went for a ride in Birthday boy's 2003 Enzo Ferrari and caused a ding on the 1.5 mil vehicle.Belushi was singing to the crowd, when an Off-Duty Officer did a mock arrest for property damage.Belushi turned pale but quickly realized it was a joke.

Party also featured two camels,three belly dancers,several fire eaters,seven flavors of liquid nitrogen martinis and a large hairy pick-pocket.

What you look for is what is looking