Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Kris

Lovely Cars That We Love To See..

Recommended Posts

_Keith

I can see the center section is late model Corvette... Nice custom work!!

I love the old 59 Impala Flying Tail and Tail Lights. That was awesome.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
_Keith

Saw this today and thought it would be the perfect car to resurrect this thread once again.

 

 

11156202_954116127983381_3821458896974290387_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ed in Houston
On 4/18/2014, 11:02:38, _Keith said:

 

I love the old 59 Impala Flying Tail and Tail Lights. That was awesome.

 

I had a hand me down white 1958 Chevy impala in high school with 120k miles on it . It had a 348CI V8 engine and four on the floor.

white-1958-chevrolet-impala-scottsdale-3

 

 

Also it had a nice back seat for going to the local drive in theater with a date.

lolita.jpg

 

Ed in Houston

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
_Keith
38 minutes ago, Ed in Houston said:

 

I had a hand me down white 1958 Chevy impala in high school with 120k miles on it . It had a 348CI V8 engine and four on the floor.

white-1958-chevrolet-impala-scottsdale-3

 

 

Also it had a nice back seat for going to the local drive in theater with a date.

lolita.jpg

 

Ed in Houston

 

 

 

4 on the floor.  How many years has it been since I heard that term. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
waykoolplantz

I had a 56 ford with three on the tree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Silent Seed

I've had cars with 5 on the floor :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Palmaceae

Here are a couple of cars I owned.

The first is a 1968 Mustang that I fully restored myself, it was a nation show winner. I sold it in 2009 when we moved from Illinois to Iowa.

The second is a 1929 Ford Model A Tudor, I restored this car also and sold it in 2014 when we moved to Florida.

I miss them both, but it is a lot of work to keep them up.

 

IMG_7624.JPG

IMG_0365.JPG

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ed in Houston
2 hours ago, Palmaceae said:

 

The second is a 1929 Ford Model A Tudor, I restored this car also and sold it in 2014 when we moved to Florida.

IMG_0365.JPG

When I was about 10 years old in 1960, the neighbor down the street bought a model A. It had not been refurbished but was still running as it was only about 30 years old at the time. The neighbor took my brother and for a ride and I was digging around in the back seat and found a 1920 Mercury dime that was in almost new condition and looked like this.

 

1920-mercury-dime.jpg

 

Your model A must have been a lot of fun. I still have that dime.

Ed in Houston

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Palmaceae
16 minutes ago, Ed in Houston said:

 

 

Your model A must have been a lot of fun. I still have that dime.

Ed in Houston

 

 

Yes the Model A was a lot of fun, actually more fun then the mustang. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
waykoolplantz

the current top of the food chain

124.JPG

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
peachy
On 15/11/2015, 09:11:00, Ed in Houston said:

 

I had a hand me down white 1958 Chevy impala in high school with 120k miles on it . It had a 348CI V8 engine and four on the floor.

white-1958-chevrolet-impala-scottsdale-3

 

 

Also it had a nice back seat for going to the local drive in theater with a date.

lolita.jpg

 

Ed in Houston

 

 

 

How did you drive those things without power steering ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
_Keith
40 minutes ago, peachy said:

How did you drive those things without power steering ?

 

You ever notice how drivers making a right turn swing wide to the left before turning right.  Kind of like 18-wheelers but drive regular old cars.   That's how.  You had to have time to crank that steering wheel to get around that too sharp right turn.  Left turns were easier.   I always laugh when I see drivers in new cars with power steering still swing left before turning right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darold Petty
11 hours ago, waykoolplantz said:

the current top of the food chain

124.JPG

I am a home improvement contractor.  I had thought to get one of these, but they don't come with a lumber rack !   :floor:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pando
4 hours ago, peachy said:
On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2015‎ ‎2‎:‎11‎:‎00‎, Ed in Houston said:

I had a hand me down white 1958 Chevy impala in high school with 120k miles on it . It had a 348CI V8 engine and four on the floor.

white-1958-chevrolet-impala-scottsdale-3

Also it had a nice back seat for going to the local drive in theater with a date.

lolita.jpg

Ed in Houston

How did you drive those things without power steering ?

The second one is easy...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ed in Houston
9 hours ago, _Keith said:
10 hours ago, peachy said:

How did you drive those things without power steering ?

 

You ever notice how drivers making a right turn swing wide to the left before turning right.  Kind of like 18-wheelers but drive regular old cars.   That's how.  You had to have time to crank that steering wheel to get around that too sharp right turn.  Left turns were easier.   I always laugh when I see drivers in new cars with power steering still swing left before turning right.

Power steering began to be an option in the 1950s. Before then, the steering wheels in cars were larger to so one could get more leverage when turning.

908c722884761311a2ef2bf222ffbab7.jpg

Ed in Houston

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BS Man about Palms
On 11/14/2015, 8:42:07, _Keith said:

Saw this today and thought it would be the perfect car to resurrect this thread once again.

 

 

11156202_954116127983381_3821458896974290387_n.jpg

A bit late in my reply but looks to be the Phantom Corsair... I had a chance to stare at it close up in Reno years back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...