IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Lovely Cars That We Love To See..

Kris

I can see the center section is late model Corvette... Nice custom work!!

I love the old 59 Impala Flying Tail and Tail Lights. That was awesome.

• Upvote 1

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

• 1 year later...

Saw this today and thought it would be the perfect car to resurrect this thread once again.

11156202_954116127983381_3821458896974290387_n.jpg

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

On 4/18/2014, 11:02:38, _Keith said:

I love the old 59 Impala Flying Tail and Tail Lights. That was awesome.

I had a hand me down white 1958 Chevy impala in high school with 120k miles on it . It had a 348CI V8 engine and four on the floor.

white-1958-chevrolet-impala-scottsdale-3

Also it had a nice back seat for going to the local drive in theater with a date.

lolita.jpg

Ed in Houston

38 minutes ago, Ed in Houston said:

I had a hand me down white 1958 Chevy impala in high school with 120k miles on it . It had a 348CI V8 engine and four on the floor.

Also it had a nice back seat for going to the local drive in theater with a date.

lolita.jpg

Ed in Houston

4 on the floor.  How many years has it been since I heard that term. 

Here are a couple of cars I owned.

The first is a 1968 Mustang that I fully restored myself, it was a nation show winner. I sold it in 2009 when we moved from Illinois to Iowa.

The second is a 1929 Ford Model A Tudor, I restored this car also and sold it in 2014 when we moved to Florida.

I miss them both, but it is a lot of work to keep them up.

IMG_7624.JPG

IMG_0365.JPG

• Upvote 1

Lived in Cape Coral, Miami, Orlando and St. Petersburg Florida.

2 hours ago, Palmaceae said:

The second is a 1929 Ford Model A Tudor, I restored this car also and sold it in 2014 when we moved to Florida.

IMG_0365.JPG

When I was about 10 years old in 1960, the neighbor down the street bought a model A. It had not been refurbished but was still running as it was only about 30 years old at the time. The neighbor took my brother and for a ride and I was digging around in the back seat and found a 1920 Mercury dime that was in almost new condition and looked like this.

1920-mercury-dime.jpg

Your model A must have been a lot of fun. I still have that dime.

Ed in Houston

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Ed in Houston said:

Your model A must have been a lot of fun. I still have that dime.

Ed in Houston

Yes the Model A was a lot of fun, actually more fun then the mustang. 

Lived in Cape Coral, Miami, Orlando and St. Petersburg Florida.

On 15/11/2015, 09:11:00, Ed in Houston said:

lolita.jpg

Ed in Houston

How did you drive those things without power steering ?

I came. I saw. I purchased

27.35 south.

Warm subtropical, with occasional frosts.

40 minutes ago, peachy said:

You ever notice how drivers making a right turn swing wide to the left before turning right.  Kind of like 18-wheelers but drive regular old cars.   That's how.  You had to have time to crank that steering wheel to get around that too sharp right turn.  Left turns were easier.   I always laugh when I see drivers in new cars with power steering still swing left before turning right.

11 hours ago, waykoolplantz said:

the current top of the food chain

124.JPG

I am a home improvement contractor.  I had thought to get one of these, but they don't come with a lumber rack !   :floor:

• Upvote 1

San Francisco, California

4 hours ago, peachy said:
On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2015‎ ‎2‎:‎11‎:‎00‎, Ed in Houston said:

lolita.jpg

Ed in Houston

The second one is easy...

9 hours ago, _Keith said:
10 hours ago, peachy said:

You ever notice how drivers making a right turn swing wide to the left before turning right.  Kind of like 18-wheelers but drive regular old cars.   That's how.  You had to have time to crank that steering wheel to get around that too sharp right turn.  Left turns were easier.   I always laugh when I see drivers in new cars with power steering still swing left before turning right.

Power steering began to be an option in the 1950s. Before then, the steering wheels in cars were larger to so one could get more leverage when turning.

908c722884761311a2ef2bf222ffbab7.jpg

Ed in Houston

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/14/2015, 8:42:07, _Keith said:

Saw this today and thought it would be the perfect car to resurrect this thread once again.

11156202_954116127983381_3821458896974290387_n.jpg

A bit late in my reply but looks to be the Phantom Corsair... I had a chance to stare at it close up in Reno years back.

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!