IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Lovely Cars That We Love To See..

Kris

My car collector buddy had this built...its a clone of a famous movie car

200GT-BondClone003.jpg

Who can identify.??...no cheating

The Palm Mahal

Hollywood Fla

(tank @ Nov. 30 2007,08:24)

My girlfriend was given a 1976 Triumph TR6 from her uncle last summer.  He was trying to free up garage space.  

We drove it from Florence, Oregon to Yosemite National Park in California and then to Salt Lake City, Utah.  From there we had shipped to Florida.

Drove like a champ.  Had to give it a quart of oil every other fuel-up.

TR6.jpg

Camping in Yosemite.

TR62.jpg

Driving around Sacramento/Stockton on I-5 kinda sucked.  Felt like I was in a go-cart going 70mph weaving between semi trucks trying to avoid potholes.

Very fun Tank I used to work on those TR6's for a living. It and the TR8 were the only Triumphs I liked.

BS

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

(waykoolplantz @ Nov. 30 2007,11:43)

My car collector buddy had this built...its a clone of a famous movie car

200GT-BondClone003.jpg

Who can identify.??...no cheating

Just saw this. It looks very much like a Toyota 2000 convertable.  Wasn't that a Bond car?  I can't remember which movie.

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Nice rides Mike.  Looks like we gave up on palms with the cars.  Fine by me.  :)

Sorry if this has already been posted , but its a way cool super custom copy of the classic old FJ Holden , one of the first true Australian cars .. Has been touring all the auto shows in USA and won awards ..

http://www.supercars.net/cars/3228.html

Michael in palm paradise,

Tully, wet tropics in Australia, over 4 meters of rain every year.

Home of the Golden Gumboot, its over 8m high , our record annual rainfall.

(GREENHAND @ Nov. 30 2007,14:47)

nuce vet

Saw one of these with a 454 and twin double pumper 4 barrels , it was at the 'drags' in Calder in Victoria , its owner boasted that it only got 1 m/p/g !!!  

It was registered and street legal ..

Michael in palm paradise,

Tully, wet tropics in Australia, over 4 meters of rain every year.

Home of the Golden Gumboot, its over 8m high , our record annual rainfall.

Dear Green  :)

those are very lovely heavy duty cars and i love there heart beat...No doubt they will also put out lovely noise when we floor the gas pedal..! thanks for those lovely stills for the benifit of global memebers who love the american beauty.

Dear Tank  :)

that car in your stills is indeed a classic by its own right.but just a oversized piston rings change will do away with that engine oil guzzuling..i suppose Bill will give more suggestion on that..

lots of love,

Kris  :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

(BS @ Man about Palms,Nov. 30 2007,21:46)

Very fun Tank I used to work on those TR6's for a living. It and the TR8 were the only Triumphs I liked.

BS

Thanks Bill,

I'll have to remember that you're a triumph expert.  I'm sure I'll have to bug the crap out of somebody when something breaks on it.

Also, are those your daughters on your profile pic?

Kris,

Thanks for the advice.  I'm just happy that all of the electronics appear to be working.

Jason

Gainesville, Florida

(tank @ Dec. 02 2007,09:40)

Thanks Bill,

I'll have to remember that you're a triumph expert.  I'm sure I'll have to bug the crap out of somebody when something breaks on it.

those buties seen are his ranch hands,and if you are a regular visitor to our forum you will know who those buties are....!  :D

love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

(krisachar @ Dec. 02 2007,07:02)

Thanks Bill,

those buties seen are his ranch hands,and if you are a regular visitor to our forum you will know who those buties are....!  :D

love,

Yeah, what Kris said.  Thumb thru some older Playboys, you should find them... :D

fiat 500 - yugoslavian production: Zastava "ficho"

082004050ar2.jpg

island Vis, adriatic sea, Croatia. Zone 9b/10a

Temperature low last winter: -0.9°C/30.4 F

Temperature low this winter: -0.3°C/31.5 F

-Creating my own little palm heaven-

(krisachar @ Dec. 02 2007,10:02)

Thanks Bill,

love,

Yeah,

I kinda figured they weren't his daughters.

I need to be a little more straight forward with my humor.

Jason

Gainesville, Florida

(krisachar @ Nov. 30 2007,09:53)

Dear Kitty Philips  :)

thanks for the reply and i must say this openly that i must send my wife anitha to your place for some training from you..

i like your attitude and you are one touffie and a cut above the rest...and mind you iam not tell it as a joke.i admire women who work shoulder to shoulder on par with men ! And anitha is scared of our pets..so some training from you will help her.. :D

and she was born & brought up in the village..!

once again thanks for the reply and i would suggest a 4x4 land crusier or a pardo than a land rover ! colour preferably black or silver matellic grey finish.. :)

thanks & lots of love,

Kris,

Too funny! :D   Yep, I am a real farm girl.  Somehow I don't think I can retrain your wife.  I think some women are just girly and say "eek!" at the first sign of dirt or a mouse!  But thanks for the compliments.

Palmmermaid

Kitty Philips

West Palm Beach, FL

Alfa Romeo brera

alfaromeobreraitaldesigkj7.jpg

Alfa Romeo 8c (concept)

alfa8c1td0.jpg

this is not classic, this is prehistoric  :laugh:

This is what you call prehistoric, but it was a fine machine in its day.

DSC00530.JPG

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

(Pivi @ Dec. 09 2007,16:57)

Dear Pivi  :)

Yes,you are right... :D

Love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Dear keith  :)

Nice peice of equipment and it seems it had done a tharough job in its prime time before it has gone on a retirement..!

thanks for the still,

lots of love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

(Pivi @ Dec. 09 2007,13:57)

One of the best descriptions I read of what a "classic car" is, I saw years ago.

"A car built for the classes, not for the masses."

In Darwin last week I spotted this EJ Holden station wagon. These are becoming quite expensive these days.

post-51-1197279028_thumb.jpg

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

Don't see those very often. About a 1972?  Looked good. (The Opel GT)

(Scott McDonald @ Dec. 11 2007,07:01)

I have a Holden/Pontiac GTO.  People either love em' or hate em'.

Here is a photo of one:112_0606_strike_force_15z%202005_MTI_pontiac_GTO%20side_view.jpg

I like them for what they are. A high powered real wheel drive car.  (I believe they were originally designed and sold as a Holden in Austrailia)

Dear Wal  :)

i have never see old cars especially the estates or station wagons painted in pink...we call such coloured cars here as pinky..and even my pet is called pinky... :P

but pink in playmouth,Chevy and cadilacs appear bit romantic..with all those lovely rear wing arches & long red tail lights,god i simply worship those American Beauties..

thanks & love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif