IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Lovely Cars That We Love To See..

Kris

Thanks_Scotty !

i can understand that only men love cars painted black with chrome...

while women love pink & red more with things they carry around..so that they appear flashy & attractive !  :D

love,

Kris  :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Bill, The pickup in post #28 is 56  Ford and the Cadillac in post#30 is a 59.

Both were kind of an end of an erea for there body styles.

The 56 Ford had  more of a rounded body style. In

57,   Ford went to a squared body style with its fenders and bed.

The 59 Cadillac was the height of of the tail fin era, in 1960 and there after the space age rocket like tail fin  look got smaller and smaller year after year

Both are two of my  favorits :D

Thanks for sharing guys.

Bob

more palms, less bombs!

Bob, you are right, I don't know as much about the American cars of the era, I like the sports cars of that time.

On the Cadillac, I don't know the fronts of the cars so much as the rear, so I made the incorrect assumption the tail of

the cream colored car in post #29 was the back of the Cadillac.  Looking closer at the parking arrangement,  I realise they are two different cars.

Do you know what the cream colored car is in post #29 is then?

And the 59 Caddy is certainly unmistakeable from the rear.  It is one of my Fave's too.  I always thought of it as the ultimate Mafia car, you could "back into" a guy in an alley up against a wall and gore him, then drive away...... :D

I also knew the 57 Ford changed a lot, but had no idea how to tell other than "pre-57"

I would probably venture the T-bird is a 57, I think that was the only year with the porthole in the top.

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Bill,    The car in post #29 is unknown to me.  Looks cool though.  It would look really good on my drive way. :P

Yes the " port hole " is a dead give a way of a 57 T-bird.

Did you ever see the movie " American graffiti"?  Suzan Sommers in the white T-bird . :;):

more palms, less bombs!

Let's see...

#47 says on the plate 47 Ford

#49 looks like a Hudson Hornet 54, 55 ?

#50 a 1941 Ford?

#51 looks like a 1954 Pontiac Chieftan

#52 a 1956 Ford?

#53 a 1964 T-bird I think

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

#56 is for sure a Hudson Hornet!

#59 Maybe a Desoto?  Or a Chrysler Firedome. probably has a hemi V8 under the hood.  (the blue one)

Dear Gene  :)

yes yes i want more doasge of these beauties...! the yr 65 to yr 75 the best of U.S cars were seen..And if by any chance did you take stills of the cars engine_just in case ?

Dear Bill  :)

your interaction in this thread,is putting life into the by gone era of best of U.S Cars purely interms of its massive looks and gait..

thank & love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

(PiousPalms @ Nov. 07 2007,11:44)

Sorry Kris, I know its no car but I've been commuting to my office on this bad boy for the last couple weeks...  So that makes it good as a car.  Since the sun is setting earlier I have been able to use it's LiIon HID headlight and 5w LED tailight! :D  Best of all, I love its gas consumption...  200 miles per gallon :laugh:

billbike3.jpg

Wilma, that's a girls bike! :laugh:

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

(krisachar @ Nov. 24 2007,01:36)

Thanks_Scotty !

i can understand that only men love cars painted black with chrome...

while women love pink & red more with things they carry around..so that they appear flashy & attractive !  :D

love,

Kris,

Since no girls have replied, I will.

I actually prefer a truck - so I can haul stuff and pull a big trailer.  Can't put many palms in one of those sport cars.  I drive a truck and will buy anohter one when it is time for a new vehicle.

Cars and trucks are just transportation for me.  I don't much care what color or if they have the latest stereo system, or if they have leather seats.  A truck is a work vehicle so it will get banged up.  I live on a dirt road and my truck always needs washing.  It is 7 years old with 130K miles but still runs good and will pull a big 2-horse trailer loaded with palms.  I keep a vechicle until it is worn completely out.  I would rather spend my money on other things than a car.

Now if I could have anything, it would be a big Land Rover!

Palmmermaid

Kitty Philips

West Palm Beach, FL

No Matt, I'm pretty sure the pink one is the chick bike.  :P  :laugh:

untitled-4.jpg

I almost hate to admit my cheapness when it comes to automobiles, since it is my business...  but they can be a huge waste of $$$...  Most of the times I roll low key in my 2000 Hyundai Sonata (isn't there some old addage about the kinfemaker having wooden kives at home?  :o )that was given to me with a blown engine...  I've spent a total of about 600 bucks on engine and parts to get it running and have gotten more than 30k miles since I've owned it.  It has about 4 different shades of white for the paint and a big dent in the door and the rear bumper has peeling paint but Kitty is right on this one all thee way...  Most automobiles are just tools for getting around (reliably)from point a to b and back again (hopefully)...

DSC01111.jpg

(PiousPalms @ Nov. 29 2007,13:04)

No Matt, I'm pretty sure the pink one is the chick bike.  :P  :laugh:

untitled-4.jpg

I almost hate to admit my cheapness when it comes to automobiles, since it is my business...  but they can be a huge waste of $$$...  Most of the times I roll low key in my 2000 Hyundai Sonata (isn't there some old addage about the kinfemaker having wooden kives at home?  :o )that was given to me with a blown engine...  I've spent a total of about 600 bucks on engine and parts to get it running and have gotten more than 30k miles since I've owned it.  It has about 4 different shades of white for the paint and a big dent in the door and the rear bumper has peeling paint but Kitty is right on this one all thee way...  Most automobiles are just tools for getting around (reliably)from point a to b and back again (hopefully)...

DSC01111.jpg

Wheres that "Bling" ride you showed on the old Palapa?

Ok, ok, ok....cars.

Fiat cinque-cento (say: chinqway-chento) circa 1970's:

2007_09_27RomeCortona217.jpg

It's really small.  It's so small, it makes me look gigantic:

2007_09_27RomeCortona218.jpg

That was the old version.  This is a new smart car from Mercedes:

2007_09_27RomeCortona031.jpg

As you can see, it is much larger than the older version of a small car.

2007_09_27RomeCortona032-1.jpg

But I kind of don't want to be driving this in front of a lady in a big SUV doing her makeup while on her cellphone!

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Kim,

I'll never forget those tiny FIAT cars from the 1950s and 1960s when I visited Italy with my family. And an Italian family of 8 would exit!! And in France, at that same time, every family (it seemed) drove a Citroen 2CW, of equally diminutive size. Found this photo of one.

Bo-Göran

And incidentally, my brother-in-law in Sweden is in the process of buying a Citroen C1, which is just a tad larger than the Mercedes in your photo. It's about $13,000, and then they get about $1,500 from the government for buying an environmentally friendly car. Insurance is MUCH cheaper (something like 30% of standard rates) and they get something like 50 MPG.

post-22-1196402633_thumb.jpg

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

(BS, Man about Palms @ Nov. 29 2007,22:14)

Wheres that "Bling" ride you showed on the old Palapa?

Drove it for a couple months...  Enjoyed it...  Sold it for a little spendin' money!

:cool:

Dear Kitty Philips  :)

thanks for the reply and i must say this openly that i must send my wife anitha to your place for some training from you..

i like your attitude and you are one touffie and a cut above the rest...and mind you iam not tell it as a joke.i admire women who work shoulder to shoulder on par with men ! And anitha is scared of our pets..so some training from you will help her.. :D

and she was born & brought up in the village..!

once again thanks for the reply and i would suggest a 4x4 land crusier or a pardo than a land rover ! colour preferably black or silver matellic grey finish.. :)

thanks & lots of love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Dear Kim  :)

thanks for the beautiful car stills,though iam a die-hard fan of classic cars but looking at the smart cars in your still i must say iam dying to buy one in india...not yet marketed here..i would love to buy one soon..!since its very conguested out here in our streets..

Dear Bo Goran  :)

that citroen(France) car seen in your still is a classic of the by gone era,since at that time many european car manufactureres were making cars which were economical and small in size,just like the volkswagen's betel(Germany) the model seen in your still was much liked by the youth who drove those cars to the local tennis club..etc.and england in its part produced the mini cooper..the mordern mini are simply breathtaking..iam shure Matty will agree with me,since in one of this stills i have seen that car..

thanks for those lovely stills,

love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

(Kim @ Nov. 29 2007,23:15)

Ok, ok, ok....cars.

Fiat cinque-cento (say: chinqway-chento) circa 1970's:

2007_09_27RomeCortona217.jpg

It's really small.  It's so small, it makes me look gigantic:

2007_09_27RomeCortona218.jpg

That was the old version.  This is a new smart car from Mercedes:

2007_09_27RomeCortona031.jpg

As you can see, it is much larger than the older version of a small car.

2007_09_27RomeCortona032-1.jpg

But I kind of don't want to be driving this in front of a lady in a big SUV doing her makeup while on her cellphone!

Kim,

How freakin cute! But, it has "death trap" written all over it to me. It almost looks like something that would fir through the pathways in my yard.... :D  lol!!  :laugh: I could pull the small trailer behind it to do maintance,fertilizing and set out new palms when I bring them home from the nursery. Seriously, this looks like something for the yard!!  :laugh:

I'll stick to my 15 MPG Ford diesel F250.  Thanks,

Jeff

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

My girlfriend was given a 1976 Triumph TR6 from her uncle last summer.  He was trying to free up garage space.  

We drove it from Florence, Oregon to Yosemite National Park in California and then to Salt Lake City, Utah.  From there we had shipped to Florida.

Drove like a champ.  Had to give it a quart of oil every other fuel-up.

TR6.jpg

Camping in Yosemite.

TR62.jpg

Driving around Sacramento/Stockton on I-5 kinda sucked.  Felt like I was in a go-cart going 70mph weaving between semi trucks trying to avoid potholes.

Jason

Gainesville, Florida