IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Lovely Cars That We Love To See..

Kris

I sense an opportunity arising... :D

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Sorry Kris, I know its no car but I've been commuting to my office on this bad boy for the last couple weeks...  So that makes it good as a car.  Since the sun is setting earlier I have been able to use it's LiIon HID headlight and 5w LED tailight! :D  Best of all, I love its gas consumption...  200 miles per gallon :laugh:

billbike3.jpg

Kris,

Interesting links! What I want to know is this: when the car in the link in Post1 encounters a speed bump, what happens? Doesn't strike me as a very practical modification....but then maybe that wasn't the point!? ???

Bo-Göran

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

(bgl @ Nov. 07 2007,14:38)

Kris,

Interesting links! What I want to know is this: when the car in the link in Post1 encounters a speed bump, what happens? Doesn't strike me as a very practical modification....but then maybe that wasn't the point!? ???

Bo-Göran

Bo-

Thats their "parking stance"- on the ground-.  Hydraulics (sp)? will raise it to drive on.  :D

Bill

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Aaaahhh....shows how much I know!! :D

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

Dear William  :)

that bicycal looks to be the transport of the future,since hybrid cars & hydrogen cell powered cars & trucks do not appear to be cost effective.and solar powered cars did not seem to hit large production lines.so it seems you have started to get aclamatise to the transport of the future !  :)

Dear Bo Goran  :)

Good question and I supposed our friend has answered your question.and have you not seen black hip-hop artists with huge classic cars of the 60's & 70's with altered suspension which bounce along to their music ? I suppose you do not watch that much of Mtv Hip Hops & Grinds.. :)

Love,

Kris.

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Kris,

When it comes to MTV and Hip hop, I'm afraid I have to admit complete ignorance! :D

Bo-Göran

(bgl @ Nov. 08 2007,01:46)

Kris,

When it comes to MTV and Hip hop, I'm afraid I have to admit complete ignorance! :D

Bo-Göran

:laugh:

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Any good friend of yours Michael is a good friend of mine  :D

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

Dear WayKool  :)

the first 2 red ferrarie's seems to get the classic status.but the Lambo is it the Diabilo series ? Just like to know its series_Please !  :)

And i must say your respected friend has fentastic taste and i was just worshipping those car stills for shure... :D And the location of those stills seem to be taken in your gardens i presume...they are lovely.

Lots of love,

Kris  :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Ok its true, they're sweet!  :D

(krisachar @ Nov. 08 2007,01:37)

Dear Bo Goran  :)

Good question and I supposed our friend has answered your question.and have you not seen black hip-hop artists with huge classic cars of the 60's & 70's with altered suspension which bounce along to their music ? I suppose you do not watch that much of Mtv Hip Hops & Grinds.. :)

Love,

Kris.

:laugh:  :laugh:

Kris you cracked me up with this one! :D

Mike,

Those cars in your driveway are super, but I couldn't help admiring the beautiful Beccairophoenix in the upper right hand corner of the 3rd picture. The only close super rich friend that I have that could afford a Ferrarie is a tight wad and drives an old beat up Mazada piece of junk.

Dick

• Upvote 1

Richard Douglas

Dear Scott  :)

Lovely machine but its new to me,since all these years i thought only hummer makes touffies but that Mercedes in your still is quite yummy... :D

And by the way your avatar is quite buggy...!!!  :D And i love it !

thanks & love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

In this recent trip to the US we had lunch in a place called "The Friendly Farm" in Sparks in Baltimore.  At first I thought that there was a car show in the front parking lot but it turns out that the a local car enthusiast group was just having lunch  in the restaurant.  

The food was good but the real treat were the cars parked outside!!

This was one of my favorites-- it had Foose design detailing.

post-1017-1195797283_thumb.jpg

Gene

Manila, Philippines

53 feet above sea level - inland

Hot and dry in summer, humid and sticky monsoon season, perfect weather Christmas time

http://freakofnaturezzz.blogspot.com/

Another one of my favorites among the cars parked outside.

That's me unabashedly shooting away.  At that point I had not realized that it was not a car show so I did not have permission to take pictures.  At some points I was shoving my camera inside the cars to get shots of the restored interiors.  My bad.

This was early on in the trip so my hair was still short which was not well suited to the cold weather.  This was my first trip to the US in the Fall.  I don't think that I could survive a winter.

Now I understand why there is so much discussion about dew points, frosts and zones.

post-1017-1195797728_thumb.jpg

Gene

Manila, Philippines

Hot and dry in summer, humid and sticky monsoon season, perfect weather Christmas time

I know that this one is a Thunderbird but for the most part I just like what I see but I don't really know the name of the cars here.

Do we have any resident car experts who can name them all?

post-1017-1195798525_thumb.jpg

Gene

Manila, Philippines

Gene- I may be off a little, but it looks like...

#27 about a 1954 Chevy Corvette

#28 about a 1953 Ford Pickup

#29 looks like an early 60's Pontiac

#30 Appears to be about a 1954 Cadillac

#31 should be a 1955-57 Ford T-Bird  (I'm rusty, I used to be able to tell the difference)

Bill

PS- Most folks don't mind you taking pictures "outside" their car, but as you realise, hands inside is a "no-no" unless you ask.

BS - Ha-- I knew you'd be the one to respond to this.  

(am also guessing Pious Palms and waycool plants will give it a shot)

These are all american cars right?

Yeah - I felt guilty that I was invading people's privacy with the picture taking.  But like I said I thought it was an open car show at first- there were lots of people gathering around the cars and looking inside too.  I also got that impression because most of the cars had all their windows fully open.

I really enjoyed those vintage cars :D

Gene

Manila, Philippines

Dear gene  :)

love beauties and i love american cars_period ! especiallly the chevy,plymoth,oldsmobile had vacum assisted sterring,gear shift,suspension & even brakes..its was an early invention for the period 65 to 75(years)most had 6 to 8 cylinders and some had 6 volt batteries in them.the interriers had either pink or cream coloured finish.while some did have crimsion red finish..

Dear bill thanks for putting names to those dream cars...!  :)

thanks & love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Kris - Cool Web site! Thanks for sharing

Come on Bill.... Let's see one of your great TVRs!

There's a girl here at work that has a fully restored 65 Mustang. Oh how I want a car from the 60s!

Scott

San Fernando Valley, California

Sunset Climate Zone 18

(Scott @ Nov. 23 2007,19:31)

Kris - Cool Web site! Thanks for sharing

Come on Bill.... Let's see one of your great TVRs!

There's a girl here at work that has a fully restored 65 Mustang. Oh how I want a car from the 60s!

I was trying to stay on the IPS theme and have palms in the pic. This shall suffice till then (borrowed from the main thread on racing for palms.)  :D

tuscpalm002.jpg

Dear Bill  :)

that's a beauty in your garage,and i did not mean your palms.. :P

And Dear Scotty  :)

i would love to see the beauty that you mentioned_65 mustang,is it black with chrome plated front grill with a shinning pony ? iam dying to see that beauty..i hope she does not mind her baby to be photographed... :D

And thanks scotty & iam glad you liked the web link..!

Lots of love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Hi Kris! How are you?

Actually, it's red with nice chrome. I'll try to get a pic Monday when she's here. :)

Scott

San Fernando Valley, California

Sunset Climate Zone 18