A few of mine:

Laeliocattleya alba 'Snowbird'

albaSnowbird20081102-01.jpg

Laeliocattleya alba 'Snowbird'

albaSnowbird20081028-01.jpg

Hardy:

Bletilla striata

B.striata.20120504-01.jpg

Cypripedium acaule - Pink Lady Slipper Orchid (This one's a wild native growing in the woods out back.)

C.acaule.20100509-02.jpg

• Upvote 2

Matthew92

I've gotten bitten hard by the orchid bug in the last few months. I work at one of the big box stores in the garden center and get to care for the orchids and see when new ones come in. Since working there I've acquired 4 vandas, 4 cattleya hybrids (blc or other), iwanagara apple blossom, a phaleonopsis, and a brassavola. Many of them though were the really small bagged type sold by Better-Grow (Sun bulb Company) so those are a year or 2 away from blooming size.

Hillizard

Just a few images from the Sacramento Orchid Society show/sale ongoing this weekend in NorCal. I managed to limit myself to just three plants, ones that I can usu. grow outdoors most of the year: an Encyclia, a Dendrobium and an Epidendrum. :greenthumb:

Orchid-1.png

Orchid-2.png

Orchid-3.png

Orchid-4.png

Orchid-5.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

BS Man about Palms
On 10/31/2007, 11:57:59, LJG said:

On 10/31/2007, 11:57:59, LJG said:

Someday I would love to see your garden. it seems you have a lot of cool stuff outside the palm world.

Soooo, did you ever get by Matts? :rolleyes::lol:;)

• Upvote 1

bar

Hey, Hillizard, hope you liked the show.  I helped to set up the SOS display on Friday, but I was so busy on Saturday and Sunday that I didn't even get to the show!  A bit late now, but Jim Rose at Cal-Orchids always has lots of plants that just might make it through a Sacramento winter.  I have lots of his plants mounted on my palm trunks.  I keep covers around just in case, but none needed this winter.

Bruce

• Upvote 1

Hillizard

Normally I have trouble overwintering Epidendrums in my east-facing, unheated sunroom, but this one I got last year from Cal-Orchid (Ep. Pacific Punch 'Purple fizz' X Pacific Rose 'Cottontail Coral') has not only grown but is now in full flower here in January. :D

Epidendrum.png

• Like 2

John hovancsek

20190130_132518.jpg

• Like 2

Tracy
On 2/4/2019 at 7:44 PM, John hovancsek said:

20190130_132518.jpg

Nice... fuzzy little monsters.   What is the ID on this?  The fuzz reminds me of a Rhycholaeliana digbyana, but yours is completely covered with it.

20180430-104A9182.jpg

• Upvote 1

John hovancsek

It is dendrobium polysema. I was at an orchid nursery the other day and seen it and new I had to have it. I just am having a hard time waiting for the flowers to open

15494747810531245427558758506338.jpg

• Like 1