IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Happy birthday to Dear Dave from So-Cal.

Kris

Dave, put the candles on the Icing side of the cake you crazy guy.  :D

Hope its a great day.

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Dave!

Happy Birthday! If you were here, we'd celebrate it in our pavilion with hula dance in front of the rockwall, just barely visible to the left (behind the Encephalartos). I could mention the part with the human sacrifice, but we usually save those events for real special occasions. Like a 50th Birthday.... :D  :D

Bo-Göran

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

Hope you have many more also.

Here's to the drive-by-master.

Can be dangerous :laugh:

Located on Vanua Levu near Savusavu (16degrees South) Elevation from sealevel to 30meters with average annual rainfall of 2800mm (110in) with temperature from 18 to 34C (65 to 92F).

(fiji jim @ Oct. 21 2007,17:56)

Hope you have many more also.

Here's to the drive-by-master.

Can be dangerous :laugh:

YoW!

DUDE!

Story????????

Yowza!

dave

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Hau'oli la hanau bradah Dave-O!!

I'll make sure to drink one for you!!

100_1037.jpg

Dave Hughson

Carlsbad, Ca

1 mile from ocean

Zone 10b

Palm freaks are good peeps!!!!!

Dave,

Happy Birthday! Anything exciting you wish to share? Cool gifts, quiet night at home(maybe with a candle light dinner) exciting night out on the town with friends, hangover this morning, anything? Come on, spill some beans. :D

Jeff

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Happy Birthday Dave!

I second that motion, tell us your wild story because you always seem to have one!

Hope it was a great day,

Randy

Randy

Chandler, Arizona

USDA Hardiness Zone 9b(Warming to 10a)

Lowest Temps (usually) in the upper 20's

(Freeze of '07 lowest temp was 18dF)

Highest temps (usually) in the triple digit teens

Happy birthday  mate !

Old Beach ,Hobart
Tasmania ,Australia. 42 " south
Cool Maritime climate

happy b-day to the man that brought us the "swooning sofa" & "size 12 converse"!you've definitely made a mark here with us!

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

Wehey, with you being in Cali, I should actually get my birthday wish in on time for once.  Have a good one, Dave.

]

Corey Lucas-Divers

Dorset, UK

Ave Jul High 72F/22C (91F/33C Max)

Ave Jul Low 52F/11C (45F/7C Min)

Ave Jan High 46F/8C (59F/15C Max)

Ave Jan Low 34F/1C (21F/-6C Min)

Ave Rain 736mm pa

Dave--

Happy birthday belatedly! My birthday gift to you was my two cents on those double-pane windows! (Install 'em yet?) Don't fall through one drunkenly...

SoCal and SoFla; zone varies by location.

'Home is where the heart suitcase is'...

_____

"If, as they say, there truly is no rest for the wicked, how can the Devil's workshop be filled with idle hands?"

Have a good one, Dave.

Toasting you with a beer right now! :P

Cheers,

Adam

upmelbavatar.jpg

Melbourne, Australia.

Temps range from -1C to 46C. Strange Climate.

Hummmm...

Still in time to wish you a happy one and all the best, Dave...

Sirinhaém beach, 80 Km south of Recife - Brazil

Tropical oceanic climate, latitude 8° S

Temperature extremes: 25 to 31°C

2000 mm average rainfall, dry summers

Happy Happy Birthday Dave!!  Hope you cut loose and celebrated without the paper bag over your head. :)

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Thanks to all!

Palmazon treated me to dinner at my fave Chinese eatery in Hacienda Heights (aka China), the Supreme Dragon.  We ate like hogs, had a great time.  Eggplant with garlic, fried fish, duck and string beans.  Oink!

Best

dave

P.S. ====> So, Jim, what is the tale behind that picture?

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Yum Eggplant with Garlic! I just had that last week!

Happy BD, even though it don't mean a thang since you are immortal.

"You can't see California without Marlon Brando's eyes"---SliPknot

(Dave from So-Cal @ Oct. 22 2007,10:43)

Palmazon treated me to dinner at my fave Chinese eatery in Hacienda Heights (aka China), the Supreme Dragon.  We ate like hogs, had a great time.  Eggplant with garlic, fried fish, duck and string beans.  Oink!

The thought of Dave spending his birthday in solitude was enough to send me into Sylvia Plath* territory, so I splurged. Besides, I had some extra dough from the stupendous cycad selloff.

*ironically enough, her epitaph reads "Even amidst fierce flames the golden lotus can be planted."

I get by with a little help from my fronds

(palmazon @ Oct. 22 2007,23:22)

(Dave from So-Cal @ Oct. 22 2007,10:43)

The thought of Dave spending his birthday in solitude was enough to send me into Sylvia Plath* territory, so I splurged. Besides, I had some extra dough from the stupendous cycad selloff.

*ironically enough, her epitaph reads "Even amidst fierce flames the golden lotus can be planted."

Dude, you're the first handy-dude who even knew who she was.

Hmm.  Keep a copy of the "Bell Jar" in your overalls?

Again, thanks for the dinner out!

Sigh, sad to know my happy b-day wasn't so happy to many. . . . .

Dave - Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you got a real cool palm :)

Scott

San Fernando Valley, California

Sunset Climate Zone 18

ohhhh im so so late but anyway dave, a very happy belated birthday to you, yes the swooning sofa, the size 12 red chuck taylors and who could forget the paper bag over the head, you are a legend on this board dave, hope you didn't have to spend your b day in the "dark tower", cheers, brenda.

Geez Dave, you snuck another birthday in, Happy birthday you young wipper snapper, hope the little palm people left you some presents

regards

colin and denise

coastal north facing location

100klm south of Sydney

NSW

Australia

(Dave from So-Cal @ Oct. 22 2007,23:34)

Dear Dave  :)

Are you joking or are you serious about that comment !

Since to the best of my knowledge goes,you are not a controversieal figure of this forum but a great buddy to all of us here...!

And if less of wishes to your post was mearely out of fear that even this topic will get banned or deamed irrevelant for the main discussion board..so all have played safe... :D  :D since few days back this topic was under palappa !

and some did not wish fearing that it would turn this topic into spam...!  ???

I think i have cleared all your doubts.. :D

Sigh..!

your buddy kris  :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

(krisachar @ Oct. 24 2007,03:06)

(Dave from So-Cal @ Oct. 22 2007,23:34)

Dear Dave  :)

Are you joking or are you serious about that comment !

Since to the best of my knowledge goes,you are not a controversieal figure of this forum but a great buddy to all of us here...!

And if less of wishes to your post was mearely out of fear that even this topic will get banned or deamed irrevelant for the main discussion board..so all have played safe... :D  :D since few days back this topic was under palappa !

and some did not wish fearing that it would turn this topic into spam...!  ???

I think i have cleared all your doubts.. :D

Sigh..!

your buddy kris  :)

Just mourning the fact that the big fires started, a bad day . . .

THANKS KRIS!  For your happy thoughts, and GRAND karma!

And magnificent mojo . . .

dave

(Dave from So-Cal @ Oct. 22 2007,13:43)

Thanks to all!

Best

dave

P.S. ====> So, Jim, what is the tale behind that picture?

Knowing Danny, I can imagine him eating like that. Happy belated Birthday and Danny- Did you get my email?

Zac

Zac  

Living to get back to Mexico

International Palm Society member since 2007

http://community.webshots.com/user/zacspics - My Webshots Gallery

Happy belated birthday Dave.  Sorry to be so late, but I was out of town for a while.  Hope every thing is well at your place, its seems like some scary stuff happening out there in socal.  Cheers!

Formerly in Gilbert AZ, zone 9a/9b. Now in Palmetto, Florida Zone 9b/10a??

Tom Blank

Dave happy belaed birthday! I hope you had a real nice one! :)

Scott

San Fernando Valley, California

Sunset Climate Zone 18

Enough of the belated stuff, I am getting in early for next year.  Happy Birthday 08.  May the palm be with you :D

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages