IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

A trip to Banglore...

Kris

right within the hotel there is premium resturant too and this serves alcohols..the name of this resturant is "Woody's"

and the yellow arrow mark is that place..

post-108-1192465418_thumb.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Kris,

Awesome photos.  The grounds in the courtyard of the Leela Palace are amazing.  About two years ago, I had a dinner event in that courtyard.  I couldn't identify some of the palms at all.

Next time, I need to bring my camera.  I was so focused on photographing landmarks on some of my side trips, that I never got to the "mundane" stuff.  Next time!

FWIW, Bangalore is one of the best palm-growing climates in the world, the coffee from around there is excellent, and (being at some elevation), it's not that uncomfortable to be outside for Californians like myself.

Jason

Menlo Park, CA  (U.S.A.) hillside

Min. temp Jan 2007:  28.1 deg. F (-2.2 deg. C)

Min. temp winter 2008: 34.7 deg. F (1.5 deg. C)

USDA Zone 10A since 2000

very enjoyable pix,kris,as always!

the aerial shots were cool & those norfolk island pines are very stately,indeed.

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

Dear Jason  :)

thanks for your comments & as you said the climate is very pleasent in banglore and most europeans & americans love this climate.and as you said the daily weather is also moderately cool than the hot madras..

And as you said one does need a camera while visiting & staying in hotels in banglore..

Dear Paul  :)

thanks and as you said that pine tree is a common feature in inside this city & also royals are a common feature in landscapes..

Lots of love,

Kris  :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

now to some trees growing around..this tree is very popular amoung the hindus and its flowers are offered to lord shiva..

locals call it the naga linga pushpa.

post-108-1192546084_thumb.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

• 1 month later...

Great photos Kris.

Tampa, Interbay Peninsula, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10A

Bokeelia, Pine Island, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10B

Kris, you have stated that your brother works for an IT company.  Perhaps I have missed it, but what is your occupation in India?  Also, I know you put up some maps showing where you live, would you mind reposting them or point me to that message.  I am not able to find it.  I have a friend who will be traveling to India in February  scouting for IT firms to do business with.

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

• 2 weeks later...

(krisachar @ Dec. 10 2007,02:08)

this is the enterance of the pure vegetarian resturant inisde this hotel primisis..

cdf10dc3.jpg

Kris,

I am jealous.  I wish I lived in a place with many vegatarian restaurants.

Although I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and we probably have more veg restaurants than most American cities, they are still few and far between.

The Indian restaurants here cater more to meat eaters, but all offer a number of veg selections.

Eating palm hearts is not a crime...but is should be.

Kris, Thanks for the photos! :D    Merry Christmas, Randy

"If you need me, I'll be outside" -Randy Wiesner Palm Beach County, Florida Zone 10Bish

Kris!

More pictures!

Please . . . .

dave

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Dear Tess  :)

Your observation on Veg food is right ! iam a die-hard vegetarian till this day and i do not eat even eggs.but i have severe eating problems when i leave abroad,since i do not get indian veg food that easily...

And Tess welcome to our board and this is my first interaction with you ! hope to hear & see more of your collection of plants ..And i love california,inperticular the Hollyhood(L.A) their is a saying the grass is greener on the otherside.. :D

thanks for visiting this post,

lots of love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Dear Dave  :)

i have covered lalbagh govt nursery extensively,iam uploading those stills to photobucket,soon you will all be able to see them in travelogue section..

And as and when i visit this city i will update this thread too...

love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif