IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Visit to the crockadile bank !

Kris

this is the skull cum jaw bone skinned exhibit of a old dead crock...simply to assist visitors to know the strenght of its Denture & there were old skins of snakes,eggs of various reptiles etc..

a8c2ecbe.jpg

This baby crock of few months old was allowed to be touched and pampered if visited loved to do so.and it was very tame but since iam allergic to its skin texture i refrained from carrying and touching that baby_

7bf9b7b5.jpg

In the same hut like structure even they had a tortoise or turtle if visiters wanted to touch it can pamper it.many children were very curious to go and do so_

5bcceff9.jpg

Love,

Kris  :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

this is a baby crock_Just thinking or dreaming...at that moment  :)

0be011ab.jpg

Hey this perticular crock reminds me of the costumes of the villans in the 'STAR WARS SERIES'.... :D

love conquers all..

43278.gif

And as i was taking pictures of this lovely Biospehere kind of place..i noticed the water palm.fairly well grown and so i had to take it down !

if you want to know more about this water palm,do visit the link given below,to read more details_

http://www.rarepalmseeds.com/shop/NypFru.shtml

Here is the still of that palm,seen in that crock bank_

33b03f1a.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Here is a billboard structure on the problems now faced by the crocks throught the world due to man's aforestation program !

6684eb1c.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Hi Kris, Thanks for all of the fantastic stills! I have really enjoyed viewing this thread. Your camera (combined with the photographer's skill of course :) ) seems to be taking extremely nice photos. I have an old 4 megapixel Canon digital and it takes great pictures for its age. I have always liked Canon digital cameras the best. A couple suggestions: Go ahead and get a tripod for low light photos and try turning the flash off. It is probably just my preference, but I hate the flash on my camera in all situations. Colors tend to turn out un-natural. I realize in real dark situations there is no choice but to use the flash. High ISO settings can get very grainy so sometimes it is best to use the flash in very dark settings. The beauty of digital cameras is that you are not wasting film so you can experiment to your heart's content :) . By the way, fight the urge to collect seeds from that Caryota! Also a question: what do they feed all those critters?

Parrish, FL

Zone 9B

Kris,

Thanks for the great tour of the Madras Crocodile Bank. They are probably the gharial's last hope as less than 200 exist in the wild.

Cincinnati, Ohio USA & Mindo, Ecuador

Dear Ruskin  :)

thanks for the suggestions & encouragement.i will certainly try as you have suggested when the situation warrents.and your right about digital camera's we have lots of options to test & improvise with settings without wasting the print.

And About the seed collection,first i will make friendship with the adminastration by giving some of my collection,then i will

see that those C.Mittis seeds are collected from there,if not also i will try to buy from RPS in months to come !

And they feed the crocks with fish and those who want to feed the crocks can pay for their food and can feed them with the fish they supply to us and the entire work is superverised....!

Dear Jake  :)

yeah,those poor guys are last few left on this planet.and decade from now they will be treated as some jurasic period creatures...if at all few survive inspite of pollution.

thanks & love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Now lets move on with our tour !

here is that billboard for a clear picture,just in case if some had difficulty viewing all the crock species info...earlier.

fac166df.jpg

once more cycas still in a crock pond there...

ce1c56d9.jpg

In this still my Mom was trying to see what the crock is doing and to her right is that lovely C.Mittis.Sp palm_

1ea03295.jpg

Here is a link for the above seen palm for details & germination Info_

http://www.rarepalmseeds.com/shop/CarMit.shtml

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Some migratory birds trying to find any reminance of fish left overs by the crocks !

6c7fdcb4.jpg

Now a tabloid on the lovely Garieyal Species...

db17d9c5.jpg

I give you the "Best Of India"_the lovely Garieyal himself !

IMG_1477.jpg

Love,

Kris  ???

love conquers all..

43278.gif

(krisachar @ Sep. 12 2007,12:30)

Hey the still below reminds me of Baywatch buties taking

sun bath in beverly hills hotel or in ceasers palace las vegas_ :cool:

06d0e389.jpg

79efe5d6.jpg

03e168d0.jpg

Great picts Kris, Baywatch hmm, witch one is Pam Anderson, i just love the sssssexy sssslither of a sssnake. Thanks for the awsome tour.

dear Kris.

Beautiful pictures. I see that you are a professional photographer...

Lend me a crocodile to give a fright to somebody... :laugh:

Regards

Murcia (Spain) C.E.

9B zone

Dear Green  :)

Thanks for your time and by the way they all are beautiful and of same size its difficult to say which is Pam !  :P

Lots of Love to U,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

(Toni @ Sep. 16 2007,06:00)

dear Kris.

Lend me a crocodile to give a fright to somebody... :laugh:

Regards

Dear Toni  :)

i will do so by the earliest...since your farm house looks close to their jungles so beautiful. :D

And i know for shure whom your going to scare.... ???

Lots of love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Kris

I am going to have nightmares tonight after looking at these photos!  Seriously!!!  You took some awesome shots.   It is good to know that all those animals are protected and being fed appropriately.  I hate to see habitat loss.  It is happening around the globe.  Don't even get me started .....

Anyways, thank you for the great pictorial tour...I'm glad I wasn't there!!  hee hee    :P

The snake shrine was interesting.

C from NC

:)

Bone dry summers, wet winters, 2-3 days ea. winter in low teens.

Siler City, NC

Dear Cindy  :)

thanks for the sweet comments and i must say that those varities seen here,their offsprings are also sent to other countries that make request to posses specimens of the above crocks for their zoo or artificially created parks around the world.but the motto of these guys is to safe guard these varieties from porchers who hunt these beauties for their hide(Skin).

I think parks like these indirectly are doing some thing in respect to keep these species still alive for next generation to see how lovely creatures did exist..

And by the way cindy your avatar look great..the setting of the sun with palms in the fore front is fentastic.what palms are those ? washy's or CIDP !

thanks & love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Now let's move on with the tour_Shall We !  :)

IMG_1483.jpg

i think even the crock park garden maintanence people seem to love the water palms ?

love conquers all..

43278.gif

And i think this guy was waiting for its food..look at its face it speaks it all... :laugh:

IMG_1479.jpg

IMG_1480.jpg

Isn't they beautiful_though iam no fan of reptiles but......!

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Kris!

Great crocodile pictures!

Your camera works great.  No problems that I can see.  Just remember to carry the batteries . . . (I forget mine all the time!  :))

That large gharial was AWESOME.  Too bad you couldn't use THe Shoe to give an idea of size . . . . .

dave

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Kris . . .

Congratulations to your brother and his wife.

Hmm.  I see that some of that sign behind them is in English.

What's the other language?  Sanskrit?  Urdu?  Hindi?

Curious . . .

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Dear Dave  :)

thanks for the greetings i will shurely convey it to my brother & family.

and the language seen in those sign boards & billboards are english & Tamil.Tamil is the official language of the state where iam living.and while my mother toungue is Kannada(this language is spoken in Karnataka).

And dave thanks for complimenting on my camera..it seems to take all telephoto kind of stills like a breeze... :)

And even i was just thinking about you & your red converse shoe..when i was seeing the size of those magnificient crocks..

And your memeory is better than mine since i forget carrying my camera itself in the first place... :D

And by the way another good news to you & other buddies of this forum ! even iam planning to get married by this year end at most..and i must say seeing all the kids & families of our memebers of this forum,that transformation occured in me.and felt that i must not die like an orphan_no one to care,no one to talk,no one to love in my old age !

i think i woke up from a long slumber...thank god for that.

now this rabbit(Me)is running on Duracell batteries...and hope to complete the race of life successefully... :)

thanks & lots of love to U,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Dear kyle  :)

iam glad you like the tour...more yet to come.kept those stills to bump this thread now & then.. :)

Love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Whoa! Kris, how did I miss this thread for so long?

The snakes are a little creepy to me, but from a distance both they and the crocs are ok.  That must be an interesting place to work.  (!!) I had no idea there were so many different varieties of crocodile.

Your commentary is every bit as interesting as the photos.  As a westerner, I must admit ignorance of the Hindu gods and idols.  I thought Ganesh was a benevolent god, and maybe that's true, just not in the household?  What statue would you recommend for good luck in the garden?

Your photos look very clear to me, it seems you are enjoying your Canon camera.  I agree they make a quality product.  Keep up the good work.

Kim

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Kris thank you for taking the time to post these stills.  It is nice to see such a place.  

That "naughty tortoise" as you called him may be Chitra indica, but it is hard to tell.  They get very big.

Alan

Tampa, Florida

Zone - 10a

Kris, Thank you for the magnificient post.We in Florida live very closely amongst Alligators and Crocodiles.As a result of protective legislation,both have made prodigious comebacks in Florida.If you have an interest in the Florida scenario as it relates to these Saurian creatures, a great book titled "Alligator Tales" written by Kevin MCcarthy is an outstanding read. It details a challenge issued by a group of "Conchs" to anyone in the universe to fight thier 15 foot Croc.The challenge was accepted by "Alligator Joe"of Palm Beach , who with backing of $500.00 dollars brought his 15 foot Gator to Card Sound (Upper Keys) to do battle. The fight took place on July 30,1897 and over 500 gambling patrons were there to watch.In a nutshell, it was a tremendous fight to the death that was won rather convincingly at the end by the Gator.The Conchs sailed back to Key West,tail between their legs and Alligator Joe, frantic with delight, returned to his Alligator farm in Palm Beach. The book is full of these stories including one about one Kent Vliet, who enjoys riding on the backs of Gators.

What you look for is what is looking

Dear Friends  :)

First of all kindly accept my apolagyies for not interacting & my absence...in this post !

i was held up with my personal work and i was into uploading few stills to photo hosting sites...etc.

I will answer each and every memeber who has interacted to the above post..

you patience is greatly appriciated..since i thought to bump my  thread by replying to your comments..sorry for the delay_friends !  :(

thanks & love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Dear bubba  :)

thanks for visitng & posting your comments my friend.iam glad you loved it.and as you have mentioned a book titled "Alligator Tales" written by Kevin MCcarthy,i will try to read it,if avaliable in our british council,the U.S.I.S libarary.or any lending libarary.

that book seems to be a intreasting one,though i hardly find much time for leasure reading these days..but i will see !

And Dear Bubba thanks for your time and for everything... :)

lots of love to u,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Dear Kim  :)

thanks for your sweet comments & i must conguragulate you on your new camera,that Nikon is killing me,such superb performance.... :)

And iam glad you liked the crock tour !

And as for keeping statues ,idols & deity's..you can keep buddha,brahma,natraja,krishna,lord shiva in human form,lakshmi,sarawashti,etc..

And its true that i have started admiring my camera after this crock tour !

thanks & love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Dear Allan  :)

thanks for your comments.and that information on the turtles is very intereasting...i will be visitng this place after a month or so.i will see if there is any big once growing...so that i will get you all some new visuals & information billboards & notices..etc from that place.

thanks & love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif

KRISACHAR.

Greath pics ! Thanks for share, i have enjoyned all.-

I know just a bit about India, not much information come chere from

there, just that is a populated country, the many cows, elephants, budha, kharma, the tigers, Ghandi and the brittish,

The one of your black alligator with broad mouth look simmilar to our smaller "yacare overo"

that live as marginal in a lake at NE of my province of Cordoba, but more abundant in the big rivers of the east.-

Just curios to know how is the name of your rare cocodrile yellow with thin narrow mouth?

Un abrazo gaucho.

Gaston, Argentina

Sound incredible that those dinosaurs had survived and spreaded in places so far as Argentina - Florida -India- Africa.-

Dear Gaston  :)

thanks for your comments.and as for the names of the crocks,and their habitate information i have not noted it down or taken stills of the notices.But soon i will visit this park once again and that time i will post the additional inforamtion also.

till then kindly bear with me..

i had to take stills in hurry as i felt that the batteries will be down.and i had not carried any spare on that day.so my coverage was given importance only to the crock visuals only..

thanks for your time !

lots of love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif