Plantking165

What goes on during transplant stress

Plantking165

So really recently in the last week or 2 I've noticed on both my coconuts one I've put into a new pot and one in ground sole necrosis of the leaves and spots with it spreads rapidly. It looks to me like potassium deficiency but I'm unsure as I've fertilized 3 times last time was 5 or so scoops around tbe palm with a 16-5-25 a few days ago. So I feel deficiency unlikely unless palm transplant stress can cause deficiencies. They have been transplanted for 2 months and a week now I feel I should have seen this in the first weeks not 2 months after transplanting them. It's also showing up on tbe newer fronds too not as bad though. Some orangish color on tbe lower leaflets of tbe fronds too. I know transplant shock can last a while but this seems a bit late to show up because of shock. I do feel that after the fertilizer I just gave it it was a liquid fert. I should back off and let it grow until October then give it one last dose before winter. But I do feel the urgent need to intervene and fix the issues but I'm not sure if the deficiencies are caused by lack of nutrients or something else or Because of shock. I'll get more pics in tbe morning as it's pouring rn and I've got work to go to. But here's 1 pic fornow. Any advice or similar experiences to share are appreciated. Also to note there is lots of sun burn too I already know that's there. 

Screenshot_20220804-135741_Gallery.jpg

20220805_152658.jpg

20220805_152715.jpg

Plantking165

Also if more pics are needed or certain pics u need to see lemme know so I can take those tomorrow morning 

3 Milesfrom Gulf of Mexico

I'd say it needs water and some shade.

Plantking165

I water 2 times a week and it rains weekly too

Plantking165

Merlyn

That's a classic potassium deficiency:

• Potassium - Older fronds get translucent yellow/orange or dead spots on leaves, especially at the tips. Sometimes tips are curled or frizzled. Always starts at tips of oldest leaves, moving inwards

It'll take a while to root in, but after 2 months it's totally fine to fertilize.  I'd recommend a slow release granular, something like 8-2-12 PalmGain or similar.  The liquid fertilizers wash away quickly in our afternoon thunderstorms.  You could consider adding Langbeinite aka SulPoMag as a good slow release potassium fertilizer:

https://www.7springsfarm.com/products/kmag-or-sulpomag-granular-0-0-22-21s-11mg-50-lb-bag?variant=39386641760461

• Like 2

Plantking165
6 hours ago, Merlyn said:

That's a classic potassium deficiency:

• Potassium - Older fronds get translucent yellow/orange or dead spots on leaves, especially at the tips. Sometimes tips are curled or frizzled. Always starts at tips of oldest leaves, moving inwards

It'll take a while to root in, but after 2 months it's totally fine to fertilize.  I'd recommend a slow release granular, something like 8-2-12 PalmGain or similar.  The liquid fertilizers wash away quickly in our afternoon thunderstorms.  You could consider adding Langbeinite aka SulPoMag as a good slow release potassium fertilizer:

https://www.7springsfarm.com/products/kmag-or-sulpomag-granular-0-0-22-21s-11mg-50-lb-bag?variant=39386641760461

Yeah I've fertilized quite a alot so I don't understand why I'm seeing this on my palms. Hopefully it goes away soon.