Sapiindo

Can anyone identify this palm species?

Sapiindo

1.Screenshot_2022-07-02-13-51-56-07.jpg.1a01d35d1363a36a648127d331913abe.jpg2.

Screenshot_2022-07-02-13-51-26-79.jpg.dda5e642aaf162a7da96e6dd847d5cdb.jpg

Palmarum

Are these two photos of the same palm?

It (or they) look like Pinanga species, one (or two) of many that look similar at that size.

Ryan

Sapiindo
7 hours ago, Palmarum said:

Are these two photos of the same palm?

It (or they) look like Pinanga species, one (or two) of many that look similar at that size.

Ryan

No, the two photos is different and its a pinanga species but i cannot identify it.

Palmarum
3 hours ago, Sapiindo said:

No, the two photos is different and its a pinanga species but i cannot identify it.

Hard to identify at this stage. The bigger they get, the easier they will be to name.

Ryan

John hovancsek

#2 looks like aristata

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• MrTropical
      By MrTropical
      Hey y'all. Thought I'd share the growth progress on my Windmill. He's growing a lot quicker than I anticipated. 

I'll post the pics in this thread...

• MrTropical
      By MrTropical
      Hey y’all. Hope everyone’s having a great Friday so far. I am in need of some advice on overwintering a Coconut Palm I bought from a local grocery store back in May. When I bought it, I didn’t realize what I was getting into from what I’ve read from others online. I really would like to see it live, but I understand they are truly tropical palms. I live in Zone 6B in North Carolina. Is there anything I can do when it goes inside for the winter to better its chances for survival? Thanks. 
    • Sapiindo
      By Sapiindo
      View 1
      View 2 (have a new red leaf)
      View 3 
    • Alix
      By Alix
      I have a queen palm in a pot and it looks to me like it isn't doing well.  Fronds bend and droop down- with brown tips
      It gets watered once every 8 days for 6 minutes. 
      I live in northern california- the pots do have drainage holes. I have fertilized them twice in the 3 months I have owned them. 
      More water? Less water? more fertilizer?  any advice is appreciated.

• Phyllostachys
      By Phyllostachys
      Hi folks! I'm currently on a West coast road trip and would love to hear from the community and get suggestions for interesting gardens, nurseries, and notable specimens that I could visit and photograph on my way between Vancouver (Canada) and San Francisco. If you have a garden that you're willing to show, I'd love to meet and see your plants!
      I've just passed Portland and am planning to be in San Francisco for the weekend. I'm planning a follow-up trip to SoCal in the winter, so please share your thoughts even if you see this after I've passed through! 
      I'm interested to hear all your recommendations, with special emphasis on palms (of course!), bamboos, uncommon edibles to taste, as well as all sorts of unusual, botanically interesting, and zone pushing plants!
      I'll be taking photos of the fun plants among my trip and will share them once I'm back home. If you know the locations of the most northern surviving specimen of specific plant species, please let me know and I'll provide an updated photo if I pass through the area!
      Thank you so much for your time!
      Sam