JohnAndSancho

Rotten roots are black and stinky. Looks fine. Why do you think you might have rot? Does the palm look unhealthy? 

• Upvote 1

Adi

Here is a link to the previous post to give you some insight. Click link in first comment. Also thank you. 

Edited by Adi

Adi

Any thoughts you have would be helpful and appreciated. 

JohnAndSancho

Looks fine  

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Plantking165
      By Plantking165
      I've been noticing some necrotic spotting that spreads quickly and drying of the whole leaflets down to the petiole follows quickly. Is this a deficiency or something else along with severe yellowing and an orange tinge to some fronds on the younger coconuts the yellowing is getting worse quickly spreading down the leaf. I have fertilized 2 times in the 2 months I've had them. It's just happening really quick and it's a bit concerning as it's dying off quicker than it's growing by a long shot.

• Plantking165
      By Plantking165
      This morning I found a large brown beetle with a horn i looked it up its a rhino beetle I know they attack coconut palms he burrowed into the ground quickly so I couldn't get a picture or get to him so he escaped. Do yall think they would be a threat to my 3 coconut palms if they are just in the yard? Here is the hole he dug and he looked something like this pic I found on tbe internet. I also found a medium sized black beetle on my coconut this morning he flew off tho but I don't think that one was of importance.

• Sean8472
      By Sean8472
      Hi All, I bought this Bismarck about a month ago to try and nurse it back to life. It was cheap considering the prices and availability in San Antonio. I have two other ones about 2-3in shorter trunks that look great and have double the fawns.  All are in sunny spots getting 12+hrs of sun everyday. I had to cut one frond off as soon a I got it because it was all spotty black, brown, green, and yellow.  I'm not quite sure what is wrong with it? I was going to try and remove all the soil, wash the roots, and see if any are rotting. Then clean the pot and use new soil. Thoughts?

• Plantking165
      By Plantking165
      I thought coconut leaf bases died slowly and turned light brown like this one its still dying slow and then my fiji is rapidly killing a leaf base in a span of 5 days it went from green and yellow to this dark color and dying is that a normal color and speed for the death of an old leaf base? If not what could be causing this?

• Plantking165
      By Plantking165
      Today I was watering my coconuts and I noticed a bit of white mold on tbe outside of my red spicata so I decided to tear off a bit of the leaf base and the fuzzy stuff on the base got inside the areas between the trunk and the leaf base and there was a bunch of white mold or fungus down there is that normal or harmful? It was quite a bit. Also will a copper fungicide get rid of it.