• Similar Content

• Phyllostachys
      By Phyllostachys
      Hi folks! I'm currently on a West coast road trip and would love to hear from the community and get suggestions for interesting gardens, nurseries, and notable specimens that I could visit and photograph on my way between Vancouver (Canada) and San Francisco. If you have a garden that you're willing to show, I'd love to meet and see your plants!
      I've just passed Portland and am planning to be in San Francisco for the weekend. I'm planning a follow-up trip to SoCal in the winter, so please share your thoughts even if you see this after I've passed through! 
      I'm interested to hear all your recommendations, with special emphasis on palms (of course!), bamboos, uncommon edibles to taste, as well as all sorts of unusual, botanically interesting, and zone pushing plants!
      I'll be taking photos of the fun plants among my trip and will share them once I'm back home. If you know the locations of the most northern surviving specimen of specific plant species, please let me know and I'll provide an updated photo if I pass through the area!
      Thank you so much for your time!
      Sam
    • kinzyjr
      By kinzyjr
      Tons of seeds if you want them.  If no one asks for them, they go to the rabbits.  All that is required as a shipping address or you can come pick them up if you're close enough to drive.  My treat.

• The Germinator
      By The Germinator
      This is first inflow for my female. The male has been producing flowers for a few years now. I am not sure when to harvest the seeds though. These are holding nicely but have been green forever.  Here is mama, daddy, and the babies. Has anyone produced viable seed in So-Cal.?

• Hamakua Palms
      By Hamakua Palms
      Hello,
      I recently moved to the Hamakua coast; and I immediately noticed the beautiful palms that completely cover the gulches on the belt road, leading to my home.  I have absolutely no idea what these Palms are and I would love to know what they are.  I have attached two photos showing the Palms growing along this stream on waikaumalo park.  I really want to plant some on my property but I would first like to know what they are; because I don’t know if they are terribly invasive or something along those lines.  Thank you in advance! 

• teddytn
      By teddytn
      This may seem odd. Everyone pushes the envelope with the palms they plant, like how far north can you grow a coconut palm etc. What about the opposite? If I moved to Hawaii of course I would jump both feet in with all the tropical palms I could get my hands on, but I would definitely plant all the cold hardy palms I’m a fan of now too. To me it would be cool to watch the growth rate of a cold hardy palm in a tropical environment. Anyone have sabal minor, sabal palmetto growing in paradise? I would love to see pics!!!