Plantking165

Fiji dwarf coconut disease resistance

Plantking165

In regard to the fiji dwarf being disease resistant to lethal yellowing is it resistant just to that or diseases in general?

Mr. Coconut Palm
On 5/17/2022 at 10:43 PM, Plantking165 said:

In regard to the fiji dwarf being disease resistant to lethal yellowing is it resistant just to that or diseases in general?

Good question.  I am curious about that myself.  I have heard though, that it is supposed to be 100% resistant to Lethal Yellowing.

John

Plantking165
1 minute ago, Mr. Coconut Palm said:

Good question.  I am curious about that myself.  I have heard though, that it is supposed to be 100% resistant to Lethal Yellowing.

John

I have the pics of the 2 on another post a few hours ago 425 for the big one 275 for the small check out that post and tell me if they look good I think they might be trunking I wanna know if the trunk looks good kinda looks thin to me they are both fiji dwarfs, lemme know if you think one is worth it im going down there to pick one up next week

Mr. Coconut Palm
6 minutes ago, Plantking165 said:

I have the pics of the 2 on another post a few hours ago 425 for the big one 275 for the small check out that post and tell me if they look good I think they might be trunking I wanna know if the trunk looks good kinda looks thin to me they are both fiji dwarfs, lemme know if you think one is worth it im going down there to pick one up next week

I just answered on that other post.  Where are they at?

Plantking165

Calusa plams in naples I have an appointment with them 

• Upvote 1

hbernstein
9 hours ago, Mr. Coconut Palm said:

John

Is there any coconut variety that is truly 100% resistant to LY? Just asking.

Plantking165
16 hours ago, hbernstein said:

Is there any coconut variety that is truly 100% resistant to LY? Just asking.

I think the Fiji dwarf is 100% if not it's pretty dang close 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Plantking165
      By Plantking165
      I've been noticing some necrotic spotting that spreads quickly and drying of the whole leaflets down to the petiole follows quickly. Is this a deficiency or something else along with severe yellowing and an orange tinge to some fronds on the younger coconuts the yellowing is getting worse quickly spreading down the leaf. I have fertilized 2 times in the 2 months I've had them. It's just happening really quick and it's a bit concerning as it's dying off quicker than it's growing by a long shot.

• Plantking165
      By Plantking165
      This morning I found a large brown beetle with a horn i looked it up its a rhino beetle I know they attack coconut palms he burrowed into the ground quickly so I couldn't get a picture or get to him so he escaped. Do yall think they would be a threat to my 3 coconut palms if they are just in the yard? Here is the hole he dug and he looked something like this pic I found on tbe internet. I also found a medium sized black beetle on my coconut this morning he flew off tho but I don't think that one was of importance.

• Plantking165
      By Plantking165
      I thought coconut leaf bases died slowly and turned light brown like this one its still dying slow and then my fiji is rapidly killing a leaf base in a span of 5 days it went from green and yellow to this dark color and dying is that a normal color and speed for the death of an old leaf base? If not what could be causing this?

• Plantking165
      By Plantking165
      Today I was watering my coconuts and I noticed a bit of white mold on tbe outside of my red spicata so I decided to tear off a bit of the leaf base and the fuzzy stuff on the base got inside the areas between the trunk and the leaf base and there was a bunch of white mold or fungus down there is that normal or harmful? It was quite a bit. Also will a copper fungicide get rid of it.
    • Adi
      By Adi
      So my seedling has been doing much better. I just wanted to know two things.
      1) Do I need to trim off the dead leaves? If I do, can I grind them up and add them to the soil for the plant?
      2) Are these weeds or are they small plants that are helpful for the seedling?

Thank you,