• Similar Content

• Plantking165
      By Plantking165
      I've been noticing some necrotic spotting that spreads quickly and drying of the whole leaflets down to the petiole follows quickly. Is this a deficiency or something else along with severe yellowing and an orange tinge to some fronds on the younger coconuts the yellowing is getting worse quickly spreading down the leaf. I have fertilized 2 times in the 2 months I've had them. It's just happening really quick and it's a bit concerning as it's dying off quicker than it's growing by a long shot.

• Plantking165
      By Plantking165
      This morning I found a large brown beetle with a horn i looked it up its a rhino beetle I know they attack coconut palms he burrowed into the ground quickly so I couldn't get a picture or get to him so he escaped. Do yall think they would be a threat to my 3 coconut palms if they are just in the yard? Here is the hole he dug and he looked something like this pic I found on tbe internet. I also found a medium sized black beetle on my coconut this morning he flew off tho but I don't think that one was of importance.

• Plantking165
      By Plantking165
      I thought coconut leaf bases died slowly and turned light brown like this one its still dying slow and then my fiji is rapidly killing a leaf base in a span of 5 days it went from green and yellow to this dark color and dying is that a normal color and speed for the death of an old leaf base? If not what could be causing this?

• Plantking165
      By Plantking165
      Today I was watering my coconuts and I noticed a bit of white mold on tbe outside of my red spicata so I decided to tear off a bit of the leaf base and the fuzzy stuff on the base got inside the areas between the trunk and the leaf base and there was a bunch of white mold or fungus down there is that normal or harmful? It was quite a bit. Also will a copper fungicide get rid of it.
    • Adi
      By Adi
      So my seedling has been doing much better. I just wanted to know two things.
      1) Do I need to trim off the dead leaves? If I do, can I grind them up and add them to the soil for the plant?
      2) Are these weeds or are they small plants that are helpful for the seedling?

Thank you,