Sign in to follow this  
JohnAndSancho

Apartment People

JohnAndSancho

I'd like to see more of what people are doing in tiny spaces. I don't care if you're growing palms or vegetables or flowers or whatever. I can't be the only one on Palmtalk in an apartment, living off of grow lights and limited space. 

I've been all over YouTube and seen what can be done.

Shameless plug, YouTube.com/dbljzzl 

Collectorpalms
4 hours ago, JohnAndSancho said:

I'd like to see more of what people are doing in tiny spaces. I don't care if you're growing palms or vegetables or flowers or whatever. I can't be the only one on Palmtalk in an apartment, living off of grow lights and limited space. 

I've been all over YouTube and seen what can be done.

Shameless plug, YouTube.com/dbljzzl 

Summer Rayne Oakes on youtube, but doesn't know a lot about palms, but everything else!

Centraltxpalm

I grow everything on my patio, I don't have any direct sun but can grow a lot. My washes despise the low light, I think my sabal is growing faster even, I have both washingtonia several sabals, a majesty, some date palms and a dypsis lutescens, I dont use grow lights either.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

JohnAndSancho
8 hours ago, Centraltxpalm said:

I grow everything on my patio, I don't have any direct sun but can grow a lot. My washes despise the low light, I think my sabal is growing faster even, I have both washingtonia several sabals, a majesty, some date palms and a dypsis lutescens, I dont use grow lights either.

I do grow lights indoors. I dunno if you've watched my YouTube vids but I think I've got a lot for a studio apartment. Indoors I get virtually zero light since my only windows are in the French doors. 

13 hours ago, Collectorpalms said:

Summer Rayne Oakes on youtube, but doesn't know a lot about palms, but everything else!

Thanks for giving me a lot to watch this weekend!

• Like 1

DreaminAboutPalms
On 5/14/2022 at 9:05 AM, Centraltxpalm said:

Same here, have lived in two different apartments in the last year.

One had no direct sunlight, the other had direct sunlight but was multiple stories off ground and my seedlings would get absolutely wrecked every time it was windy and now half my Washingtonias have broken fronds. One benefit of the place that had no direct sun is if I parked my car below my balcony the sun would reflect off rear window and hit my palms on there balcony for a bit each day.

Just have to have a good grow light and its not the worst option.

Also getting little tables to place palms on helped me conserve space so that im not jamming them super close together

• Like 1