Sign in to follow this  
Ernest

Brahea or Livistona ?

Ernest

Hello, 

For you my new palm is a livistona or a brahea edulis?

Make the difference is hard for young palm. What is the main detail ?

Thank you .

20220506_191221.jpg

20220506_191205.jpg

Little Tex

Livistona Chinensis

• Like 1

Ernest
OK, thanks . be careful when a seller offers you a brahea edulis palm tree, it is poorly identified.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Otowa green
      By Otowa green
      Could you show me a picture of Brahea sp. Nuri please? 

• Lady Gaga
      By Lady Gaga
      Hi. I would like to ask you about one thing. Last time I bought few seeds of archontophoenix alexandrae and livistona Chinensis. I hope they are fresh. I cleaned them, then I put them between wet paper towel and put in the plastic box. The box I put on my heater, also inside I put one thermometer and there is temp. Around 28-30 Celsius degrees. I know such condition is perfect for archontophoenix alexandrae, but what about livistona Chinensis? Unfortunately I couldn't find specific information about this one on the web, so I'm asking you. 
    • Otowa green
      By Otowa green
      Show me your brahea palm
    • Laurajs2011
      By Laurajs2011
      Hi! This is my first posting time here but I’ve enjoying learning about palms and other tropical plants through this awesome site. I just acquired this new ficus but the owner wasn’t sure what the variety was, but I got a good deal on it, so I couldn’t pass it up. It’s not a lyrata or an Audrey (not fuzzy textured leaves). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

• Coasta
      By Coasta
      Hello all! 

Looking on details about growing brahea armata in arizona, Phoenix area. 
      Can they really take full sun here? 
      How many leaves do they only put out a few leaves a year like ravenea xerophyla or are they faster? 
      What are some characteristics to look for in a 10 gallon plant to get the best color.
      If they are blue/silver as they get bigger do new leaves not have as much of the wax to keep the color? 
      Thanks so much for the info!