General Sylvester D. Palm

Discoloration in Queen Palm Fronds

So I noticed there was some slight discoloration in my queen palm's fronds. Anyone know what this is? My guess is a deficiency or the light intake this palm was getting.

20220503_140557.jpg

Just bumping this up incase some people haven't seen it.

JohnAndSancho

Mine looks similar, but mine is potted. Mine also has taken a beating from all the wind and thunderstorms this spring. 

Yours might be a combo of light and transplant shock. Pretty sure mine was just severely rootbound in the smaller pot. I added slow release Carl Pool fertilizer in the new soil and watered it in a couple gallons of what I call "Stink Water" - a drop of SuperThrive and roughly a spoonful of Alaska fish fertilizer. 

I'm totally spitballing, but these are actually pretty tough palms and if my dumb ass can keep one growing and happy I'm sure you can too. 

42 minutes ago, JohnAndSancho said:

Mine looks similar, but mine is potted. Mine also has taken a beating from all the wind and thunderstorms this spring. 

Yours might be a combo of light and transplant shock. Pretty sure mine was just severely rootbound in the smaller pot. I added slow release Carl Pool fertilizer in the new soil and watered it in a couple gallons of what I call "Stink Water" - a drop of SuperThrive and roughly a spoonful of Alaska fish fertilizer. 

I'm totally spitballing, but these are actually pretty tough palms and if my dumb ass can keep one growing and happy I'm sure you can too. 

I figured it wasn't anything that was that serious. My best guess is that it is light intake.

• Upvote 1