IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Bluebell Nursery Southern California

-2 brian

I need to get a couple of 15gal palms for a job locally here in Newport Beach and I was hoping to see what Bluebell Nursery had available; but as I have not ever been there myself I had a quick questions for those of you that have? I have called and left a message on there machine to call me back, but I was wondering if you needed to stop by to check what they have and get pricing do you need to make an appointment or can you just drop by during there open hours? Or would they be able to let you know availability over the phone? Thanks for the any info you could pass along.

You need an appointment.  Jack and Arline are great, and have really good palms, fairly priced.  Highly recommended ! 

714.828.1024   2474 W. Orange Avenue, Anaheim,   easy drive, 5 minutes west of the I-5  :greenthumb:

San Francisco, California

1 hour ago, -2 brian said:

I need to get a couple of 15gal palms for a job locally here in Newport Beach and I was hoping to see what Bluebell Nursery had available; but as I have not ever been there myself I had a quick questions for those of you that have? I have called and left a message on there machine to call me back, but I was wondering if you needed to stop by to check what they have and get pricing do you need to make an appointment or can you just drop by during there open hours? Or would they be able to let you know availability over the phone? Thanks for the any info you could pass along.

Brian, Arline will probably not even answer the phone till 1100a or so. I think she’ll open the gates at noon for you if you want to stop by. I definitely wouldn’t go any earlier than that tho. 

Try to ping her at 1100ish. If she’s there, she’ll answer. 

Good luck on your search. I was just there last month and to say it’s slim pickins now is the best description. They got wiped out during Covid and all the home projects people had. (Myself included) 

-dale 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Billeb said:

Brian, Arline will probably not even answer the phone till 1100a or so. I think she’ll open the gates at noon for you if you want to stop by. I definitely wouldn’t go any earlier than that tho. 

Try to ping her at 1100ish. If she’s there, she’ll answer. 

Good luck on your search. I was just there last month and to say it’s slim pickins now is the best description. They got wiped out during Covid and all the home projects people had. (Myself included) 

-dale 

Im assuming its cash only? Does she write out a receipt or probably not, I know they probably would like to get a receipt in the office just to keep in the file even if just a handwritten note on a paper. Also im just looking some nice 15 gal single trunk Kentia's (forsteriana or belmoreana) that are already hardened for the outdoors. Was there a decent selection of Kentia's when you were there or was it pretty slim. I know HD has some but im a little worried about how much they've been hardened off. 

Brian, check out the "For Sale" section.  There is a guy in Fallbrook with a killer deal right now.

• Like 1

San Francisco, California

15 minutes ago, -2 brian said:

Im assuming its cash only? Does she write out a receipt or probably not, I know they probably would like to get a receipt in the office just to keep in the file even if just a handwritten note on a paper. Also im just looking some nice 15 gal single trunk Kentia's (forsteriana or belmoreana) that are already hardened for the outdoors. Was there a decent selection of Kentia's when you were there or was it pretty slim. I know HD has some but im a little worried about how much they've been hardened off. 

I’ve only paid in cash so I’m not sure about other firms of payment. I’ve never asked for a receipt so I’m no help there either. They definitely have Forsteriana and likely a few Belmoreana. They typically have a lot of 20G pots everywhere so everything is kinda bunched together making a canopy if you will. As things have thinned out, I’m sure there’s trees that are getting more sun than others. I bought my Belmoreana there, immediately threw it in full sun and it burned a bit. 

The HD closest to you on Warner has a bunch sitting out in full sun in the parking lot. I’d imagine they’d be ok. Singles were $169, multi’s $199 I think. 

I think your gonna have to go check it out for yourself and see if you are comfortable with what’s on the lot. 

-dale

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billeb said:

I’ve only paid in cash so I’m not sure about other firms of payment. I’ve never asked for a receipt so I’m no help there either. They definitely have Forsteriana and likely a few Belmoreana. They typically have a lot of 20G pots everywhere so everything is kinda bunched together making a canopy if you will. As things have thinned out, I’m sure there’s trees that are getting more sun than others. I bought my Belmoreana there, immediately threw it in full sun and it burned a bit. 

The HD closest to you on Warner has a bunch sitting out in full sun in the parking lot. I’d imagine they’d be ok. Singles were $169, multi’s $199 I think. 

I think your gonna have to go check it out for yourself and see if you are comfortable with what’s on the lot. 

-dale

Good to know. Ive seen the ones at HD. If the owners want to go ahead maybe ill use it as an excuse to check out what she has. The ones at HD I know are there if necessary

@-2 brian I would make a point to visit Bluebell if you get a chance to see wha they have. They are pretty much second to none for their deals on big 15 and 20 gallon palms. I’ve still got this gorgeous rhopie baueri I got from them back in 2010 or thereabouts. If nothing else you’ll see what they’ve got for future reference.

• Like 1

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

1 hour ago, Darold Petty said:

Brian, check out the "For Sale" section.  There is a guy in Fallbrook with a killer deal right now.

I have seen those in the ad but Fallbrook's a bit of drive especially considering its for work and not personal and the fact that I can get Kentia's here in the Orange County area quite a bit closer. Thanks for the heads up. 

• Like 1